Anyone been watching IPTV Sport without a VPN? - well your ISP will know all about it now....

unless something has changed an internet provider & can see how much bandwidth a client has used & when it was used but they are not permitted to look any deeper into what you were doing with that bandwidth be it watching &/or downloading as that would be violating the data protection act... correct me if I'm wrong!
They can suspect what your doing & send out scary letters but that should be all that they can do without specific permissions being granted.
In the case of copyrighted material the letters are just to discourage occasional users. The ISPs send out four warning letters then stop sending them without further action.

In the case of live streaming or "super blocking" the waters are muddy. What does this term mean; "The latest technology advances that enable the ‘super-blocking’ model do not allow for the identification of end-users, the Premier League said at the time."

To the ISPs that could mean 'we don't need to know who is streaming the sport for us the restrict the broadband'

Premier League renews super-blocking order: reports

It varies then because I know people who download torrents without VPN and nothing. No warnings at all.

Which is strange as torrents are p2p and if you stream and dowload without VPN then likely to be more at risk of warnings.

I download through RD without issue but torrents without VPN a few times is where VM sent numerous warning emails to us not letters. Believe was TV show that was downloaded of the bay.

I think unless we see any form of mass culling then I ain't bothering my arse about what's apparently started in the month of Jan.
My guess is there would've been at the very least some sort of threads on here if they were actually winning their battle. Maybe all the staff are furloughed and that's why no letters are going out.....just saying

Who knows but I am sure whether for illegal live streaming or copyrighted material we could see tougher actions. Hope not but they wont stop.

I never received warning through post only via emails.

Just a quickie, are you aware of any one historically who has been lettered or their door chapped regards spikes in their bband? Asking for a friend :flushed:

I've had a letter, albeit a few years ago when I was on a 50mb connection (virgin), thought they were congratulating me on reaching 400gb+ monthly. Im now on a 350mb connection, so would think the throttling would not be of an issue, for myself that is.

It may help if you actually read the links I have posted. The January link you quote: UK 'Piracy Warnings' Are Coming This Month; Here's How it Works * TorrentFreak is for warning letters regarding copyright infringements which is not live streaming.

The live streams is covered by the new 'super blocking' order which started on July 15 last year. Premier League renews super-blocking order: reports

If you read the 'super blocking' link it quotes "No documents or details relating to the latest injunction have yet been published"
We are in the dark as to what will happen or what ISPs individual interpretation of the wording will mean. But for certain ISPs have detailed historical records of our broadband usage spikes which have now altered now that the Premier league football has stopped.

Whether it happened January, July or whenever I ain't had a letter to educate me or email for that matter. These sort of links have been posted over the years by many and guess what.....here we are all still doing what we do in our own way and having some good old fashioned fun about it on tech kings.

Good afternoon,
10 devices in use most days,
Average usage is 2.5TB PCM whether I watch iptv,stream, or download or not. Since 1998,
Comcast dial up, to April 2020 never had a letter, email. Or other correspondence, superblocking was started 2019 ?
Just asked this same question to our sparks, reply was the same. I do however use a VPN for d/loading private torrents, before seeding. Ratio 3 .

The kids have no concept of ever turning off a device..
CCTV, Hive, VOD, I only download HD files to my HDD, to take away for the lads.
Gaming plays a big part in bandwidth
Vod per hour is couple of gb in HD .. once power cuts are introduced may see a decrease. Lol . But I do have a generator..

Good afternoon,
10 devices in use most days,
Average usage is 2.5TB PCM whether I watch iptv,stream, or download or not. Since 1998,
Comcast dial up, to April 2020 never had a letter, email. Or other correspondence, superblocking was started 2019 ?
Just asked this same question to our sparks, reply was the same. I do however use a VPN for d/loading private torrents, before seeding. Ratio 3 .
Private torrents are fine because they don't have public trackers. The sites you are talking about are invite only and usually specific to a certain genre with very fast downloads. I bet your main one is music :love:

Private torrents are fine because they don't have public trackers. The sites you are talking about are invite only and usually specific to a certain genre with very fast downloads. I bet your main one is music :love:
most definitely music is up there,

The generator is used occasionally as living in the countryside we get power cuts
Powers the fridge Lucy's tongs etc

With everything imaginable needing internet connection can see why for some bandwidth will be so high especially if you have tons devices.

Me I just heavy download mostly and stream sometimes. Dont play games online only offline.

The main reason many sports and streaming servers were moved to Douglas on the Isle of Man last year is they cannot be 'superblocked' because the Premier league injunction only covers the UK and not the IOM.

Private trackers are the best. Not all are invite only and some you can signup to with no issue.

Better than public ones for sure.

Private trackers are the best. Not all are invite only and some you can signup to with no issue.
Oink was one of the original ones and I remember it being shut down and Alan Ellis's trial collapsing at the eleventh hour. The CPS spent a lot of money on barristers but lost the case. It is now FACT that are pursuing copyright infringement and there is an American private company who have developed software that can draw I.P addresses from a BiTTorrent swarm. No problem if you use a VPN but the public torrents also contain hashtags which can link your computer to a specific copyrighted game or film. Windows 10 is the biggest ever piece of snooping software - that is why it is free.

This is a hashtag from a public torrent. Google it and you will see what I mean. If this is found on your device then it is certain that you have either downloaded or attempted to download something you do not have the right to copy:

91749F30BCA789524E161FC159931FC4EE554BF0

Thats why I never use public trackers, I rarely use torrents now unless with VPN.

Streaming and downloading torrents without a VPN is a big big risk.

Yes I've had two warning letters which stopped when I switched providers. The ISPs can throttle suspected illegal streaming because the Premier league's original court order told them they had to during live play only. If you are watching the build up to the game and the screen goes off a few minutes after kick off your broadband is being throttled by your ISP. When the punditry comes on at half time they have to stop throttling because it is not live play. I've had that happen to me.

who was your BB proivder at the time?

who was your BB proivder at the time?

Its a long time ago but my recollection is.
ISPs started sending warning emails about downloading illegal content out in January 2017. I bought a Mutant HD51 in September 2017 and had IPTV on it without issue. I had two warning emails from SLY regarding downloading copyrighted material onto my PC.
I have received a warning email from my internet provider

After the emails I had an afternoon P league game on and was watching the punditry before it started. A few minutes into the match the screen went blank. I thought nothing of it as that was common. I left the TV on and the punditry came back on at half time :unsure:. I sat down to watch the second half and a few minutes in the screen went blank again. I emailed my IPTV provider who told me there was no problem with supply and
SLY were throttling my broadband. The next Saturday the same thing happened. I emailed SLY and they told me to keep speed test logs to monitor the time the problem occurred. :sick:

I changed to BeeT and have never had a problem since.
I still don't know if SLY were throttling my broadband or my IPTVs providers server was subject to a DDoS attack though.

It may help if you actually read the links I have posted. The January link you quote: UK 'Piracy Warnings' Are Coming This Month; Here's How it Works * TorrentFreak is for warning letters regarding copyright infringements which is not live streaming.

The live streams is covered by the new 'super blocking' order which started on July 15 last year. Premier League renews super-blocking order: reports

If you read the 'super blocking' link it quotes "No documents or details relating to the latest injunction have yet been published"
We are in the dark as to what will happen or what ISPs individual interpretation of the wording will mean. But for certain ISPs have detailed historical records of our broadband usage spikes which have now altered now that the Premier league football has stopped.

You will have received an “educational alert” same as me.

UK ISPs Agree to Send Out Music & Movie Piracy Warnings * TorrentFreak

Part of it says:

"Even though the language used in the letters will reportedly increase in tone, there will be no punishments, and after receipt of a fourth warning no account will receive a fifth." :LOL:
The January link you've posted is from 2017 which is probably irrelevant in today's climate

Back