Anyone yet indirectly affected by the Corona outbreak?

Fair enough.

Maybe was being a slight optimist in hoping does not spread to millions let alone billions.
These things often spread across the world without getting two lines in a newspaper.
The only difference with this strain is that it sees off 2% of those who get it and there's no jab for it like other flu strains.
There was a 90 year old fella on the radio yesterday on a phone in.
He said these things have hit lots of times in his lifetime, the only difference now is we know it's coming - back in the day it would have passed over and been a particularly 'bad winter' for the elderly as more than usual passed away.
Figures being bandied around are between 250 -500 thousand deaths in UK from C19. We normally have 670,000 deaths per year from all causes.
The virus will kill the ones that would have died from cancer, pneumonia, organ failure and all the other diseases so it's not going to be 500,0000 on top of the usual 670,000, it will just bring their demise a bit sooner and obviously a lot of them will be around the same 3 month time period rather than spread over the full 12 months

It seems those who are healthy and young as well are less likely to get the virus.

Seems it's more prevalent with those with underlying health conditions

Our 24 hour Tesco is not open 24 hours anymore but opens at 6am instead after stocking up. At 5.30am there was a queue of customers waiting outside. These are the people who say they will give you the shirt off their backs. :sick:

Yeah same round our area and man coming out of stockroom said no delivery of toilet paper for at least a week maybe longer along with other cleaning and sanatising products etc ffs good job i managed to sort some stuff for old lady i keep an eye on etc.

Our 24 hour Tesco is not open 24 hours anymore but opens at 6am instead after stocking up. At 5.30am there was a queue of customers waiting outside. These are the people who say they will give you the shirt off their backs. :sick:

Surprised supermarkets would be open 24 hours at the moment with.everything.

Can't see it affecting their business much not being opened 24 hours.

Just aint got the staff to stack the shelves quick enough with the looks of things etc.
Brother had meeting last night they going out into community near airbase to help out the elderly and most of winter maintenance on planes has temporarily put on hold etc

Just aint got the staff to stack the shelves quick enough with the looks of things etc.
Brother had meeting last night they going out into community near airbase to help out the elderly and most of winter maintenance on planes has temporarily put on hold etc

Ye staff probably are self isolating or taking time off due to the virus.

Things wont be getting back to normal anywhere for some time that is for sure.

Kids who are vulnerable and are children of key works can still go to school from Monday next week.

Not sure how its gona work. Its all a mess.

Like fekk my kids ain't going from Monday next week when gates close Friday that's it till further notice

Just saying what clown boris said in the conference mate.

I do agree if kids are off from Friday in UK you can't then contradict that statement and say but few kids still have to go on Monday.

View attachment 48628

Home Bargains looking after their staff (y)

Fair play to them.

Sadly most employers/companies don't want to help their workers financially during this tumultuous period.

A lot out there still want to save every penny they can. Branson comes to mind.

So much wealth yet so much greed. Can't ever understand what they are going to do with so much money. Help out those who need it the most FFS.

So much wealth yet so much greed. Can't ever understand what they are going to do with so much money. Help out those who need it the most FFS.

I'd like to see a televised fund raising programme where instead of the rich and famous imploring normal people to donate to charitable causes, they themselves make pledges to a fighting fund to support those in need due to this situation.

Like fekk my kids ain't going from Monday next week when gates close Friday that's it till further notice

I think by "vulnerable" they mean those who might live in households with a history of domestic violence, poverty etc. Makes sense to take the kids away from that sort of environment for the day.

I'd like to see a televised fund raising programme where instead of the rich and famous imploring normal people to donate to charitable causes, they themselves make pledges to a fighting fund to support those in need due to this situation.

Would be good but we know that will never happen.

Most of them dont have a soul and conscious nor do they have empathy towards people and their struggles.

I think by "vulnerable" they mean those who might live in households with a history of domestic violence, poverty etc. Makes sense to take the kids away from that sort of environment for the day.
Didn't look at it like that but good interpration mate

Just saying what clown boris said in the conference mate.

I do agree if kids are off from Friday in UK you can't then contradict that statement and say but few kids still have to go on Monday.

They don’t have to go you have the choice to send them or not.

I think it’s really good as thousands of staff we need on the NHS will be parents and won’t be able to work because of childcare.

A friend Gary, was working in Egypt and living in digs when his room mate was diagnosed with Covid-19. Gary was tested and cleared but told to self isolate away from the accommodation. He checked into a hotel for one night at a cost of £700 and flew back to the UK on Monday. The connecting flights cost £1,700 all of which were refunded by his employer.

He has an onsite caravan at Flamingo Park so has gone there to self isolate.

Back