Anyone yet indirectly affected by the Corona outbreak?

Just back from lanzarote, one conclusion - Airlines are profiteering/uncaring cnuts.
Ryanair posted on their Twitter page that they recommend anyone flying Saturday should rearrange to fly before midnight Thursday.
I do this after much hassle, and get charged €450 for the pleasure (forb2 of us). But head is happier that we return before the deadline.
I'm then getting ready for a shower yesterday at 1800, I received a text saying check my email for more info about my rescheduled flight, I do and the email is vague, but tells me there is a flight at 2210 in place of my cancelled flight (no flight number, date, reference number, nada). I try to contact them by Facebook, Twitter, online help chatroom, phone, email - all to no avail.

I ended up getting a taxi to the airport, they then tell me I can go on the flight, changed for free.

The lack of information and the misinformation during the last week has been infuriating, if I didn't have as little hair as I do, I'd have pulled it out.

We also received a piece of paper telling us to self isolate for 14 days, so boredom central is just after starting.

Airlines always profit from peoples misfortunes. Truly disgusting .. least you got home safely, did ya get a decent tan mate .

My wife & I were due to fly out to Tenerife yesterday with Ryanair. To avoid issuing refunds, they wouldnt cancel the flight even when FCO advise against non essential travel and the fact that Tenerife is in lockdown. I had to change the flights in the end to avoid losing them. Glad we didnt go though - Ive been reading everybody is confined to their rooms. and bars /restaurants closed.

...........and to top it off, my flight today actually operated, b@$yards.
There will be a lot of layoffs due to this, but hopefully it wont be for terribly long.
@stuss- no, the weather was sh1t.

...........and to top it off, my flight today actually operated, b@$yards.
There will be a lot of layoffs due to this, but hopefully it wont be for terribly long.
@stuss- no, the weather was sh1t.

You should have played the classics in your hotel room.

Snake and ladders, ludo come to mind :LOL:

See army was in London today my uncle sent me video of them walking down street won't allow me to upload to forum

the idea is to keep everyone in their houses.
If that makes a ghost town then so be it.
If no ghost town, millions dead? - I'll have the ghost town thanks

Just saying mate.

I know why it's like that and precautions taken to save lives.

Just my observation of what I have seen not being a norm.

Nothing else to what I stated.

We'll be under martial law within a week.
Probably for the best. The public have turned into a gang of savages.
Those people who last year were complaining to the waiter about a smear on their fork in a restaurant are today spitting in pensioners faces over a tin of soup in the middle of a supermarket

Yep lockdown will be in a full effect soon.

Looking on another forum im on and was posted of all the current positives that has happened and is happening but is not being reported on. Just all negativity atm is being reported.

Was thinking of posting on here but as from another forum wasn't too sure.

We'll be under martial law within a week.
Probably for the best. The public have turned into a gang of savages.
Those people who last year were complaining to the waiter about a smear on their fork in a restaurant are today spitting in pensioners faces over a tin of soup in the middle of a supermarket

I don’t see the martial law coming into effect at least not within the next week.

I was thinking last night - there was I whingeing about losing a holiday but then I thought about all the poor people who are going to lose their jobs and businesses over this - it puts it more into perspective.

My wife & I were due to fly out to Tenerife yesterday with Ryanair. To avoid issuing refunds, they wouldnt cancel the flight even when FCO advise against non essential travel and the fact that Tenerife is in lockdown. I had to change the flights in the end to avoid losing them. Glad we didnt go though - Ive been reading everybody is confined to their rooms. and bars /restaurants closed.
We're due to fly with Ryanair on 16th April and have been waiting for them to cancel the flight since the FCO advice and they fact Ryanair have even said from next week 80% of their aircraft will be grounded. Reading your post doesn't give me much hope

We're due to fly with Ryanair on 16th April and have been waiting for them to cancel the flight since the FCO advice and they fact Ryanair have even said from next week 80% of their aircraft will be grounded. Reading your post doesn't give me much hope
Sorry grog. If you havent yet checked in, dont. The reason is that I was checked in for my flight and because of this couldnt change it - they have to 'uncheck' you and then you can change it. It took me ages to get in contact with them - Good luck.

Back