Anyone yet indirectly affected by the Corona outbreak?

Hope they left evidence for the councils to find and take the perpetrators to court, scruffy tw*ts.
The problem round here is they see one person do it,then the rest think its ok to do it,All rubbish for the bin,doors,skirting boards,couch,chairs,matress,they just open there back gate and throw it out,You think the council would go and knock on the door and ask them why is all that shit at the back of the house.

The problem round here is they see one person do it,then the rest think its ok to do it,All rubbish for the bin,doors,skirting boards,couch,chairs,matress,they just open there back gate and throw it out,You think the council would go and knock on the door and ask them why is all that shit at the back of the house.

Or install covert cameras to catch them in the act. Amazes me that people are happy to live among such filth.

Just down my road by local shop its full of crap people have dumped and has been there for a week.

Wont be long till rats coming crawling out.

Just down my road by local shop its full of crap people have dumped and has been there for a week.

Wont be long till rats coming crawling out.

Sounds like the dirtiest rats have already been out, dumping their crap. No excuse for inflicting such filth upon local people.

It's the impatience of people that'll end lockdown too early imo. They'll buy their home improvement stuff (non-essential trip out) then they'll start demanding the tips open for them to dispose of whatever mess they're making. Then once everyone's sneaking unnecessary journeys in for every excuse they can think of, the govt might as well reopen all businesses.
I can't see how going to B&Q is any different than going to Tesco. People still have to replace electrics and put new showers in, buy cookers and fix toilets etc, they can't wait until the pandemic is over.
Distancing measures will be in place and also customer numbers within the store will be limited

I can't see how going to B&Q is any different than going to Tesco. People still have to replace electrics and put new showers in, buy cookers and fix toilets etc, they can't wait until the pandemic is over.
Distancing measures will be in place and also customer numbers within the store will be limited

If they're replacing everything you list as an emergency then no, many of them won't wait till after the lockdown is lifted. But general renovations aren't supposed to be part of the deal. Things like that can wait.

Yes and beer and chocolates aren't essential but supermarkets still sell them, you can't police it like this it's just impossible

It's not impossible but unfortunately people think it's an extended public holiday and that diy work and tip runs should be allowed because they've got time on their hands - ignoring the fact that the only reason they've got time on their hands is because the country is supposed to be operating at as close to minimal activity as possible and we're supposed to be staying at home...

Essentials differ to each person tbh.

But what is essential there is no doubt about is food and water.

Yes if things break you should be able to be allowed to fix them especially if they are part of the essentials of living.

Having a number 1 and 2, cooking etc.

In my opinion I think the lockdown was too severe.
We queue 2m apart to get eggs and bread and social distancing is observed in all supermarkets.
Whether the govt thought the public wouldn't do this is unknown but they did do it and are still doing it.
I can't see any reason why builders merchants for example have all shut. This just stops millions of people from working and they can deliver goods or even remain open and allow one customer in the office at a time. , but no, wipe out an entire industry for zero gain.
It's not just building, there's no reason other businesses can't operate, sky and vm carried on as did screwfix but click and collect only, why couldn't Argos and a thousand other buisnesses do the same?
Theres no reason pubs and restaurants can't open if numbers are restricted to 25% occupancy and masks/gel is used.
The restrictions were too sweeping and they will have to change soon otherwise the economy will be so far gone it won't recover.
EDIT:
The price of oil has plummeted below $0 a barrel for the first time in history - it dropped 40% in one day, this is a direct result of covid 19 lockdown worldwide with no one driving or flying anywhere the price for WTI (west Texas intermediate) is now -$38 a barrel.
If restrictions aren't eased soon, regardless of lives lost, there will be nothing 'normal' to return to

Last edited:
Not make a comment for a while, lot sht going on in my life,..Pablo makes a lot good points, we need to try something dif sooner or later, if i was running a country and it was my call, i would still have the lock down in place, prob more than any other reason , if i said enough is enough lets get back to work , and it went tits up, Outer Mongolia would not be far enough away if i got it badly wrong, your life would be over, the whole country will hate you until the end of time..Some gamble to take a chance on.. We need to find a cure, all countries will struggle when its over,and we don't have a cure, if anything just my opinion any good comes out this, maybe just maybe, how precious life is...It will take time to get back to normal, i think we all know that anyway...

In my opinion I think the lockdown was too severe.

The body count at the end of it is going to be pretty grim... I suppose in time we'll be able to compare it with other countries who had more strict lockdowns imposed and then decide.

As it stands, every health professional, every person who's contracted the virus, and every family member of those with Covid-19 who I've seen has been quite literally pleading with people to stay at home more to save anyone else suffering and ease the burden on the nhs. Whereas the people who are complaining that it's too strict are giving reasons like "the pub trade will die" and "I need to stain my decking." I know who I'm listening to.

If one person dies because the government did not use full due diligence to protect them the injury lawyers4U brigade will sue for millions for that one life. That is why prisoners are being released early. The irony of that is if a healthy prisoner is released and catches COVID-19 at home the injury lawyers4U brigade will sue the government for NOT using due diligence to inspect the circumstances and environment in which they are being released into.

Whereas the people who are complaining that it's too strict are giving reasons like "the pub trade will die" and "I need to stain my decking." I know who I'm listening to.
And there's those who are rational about it and know that the lockdown is likely to claim 100K lives....saving C19 patients at ANY cost is idiotic, there has to be a cut off point somewhere otherwise the lockdown will stay in place until vaccination and that's 18m away. If it goes on until then C19 will be the least of anyone's worries, trying to make it home from the supermarket without being attacked for food will be a bit tricky to say the least given 20 million people will be unemployed and starving

Its a catch 22 situation.

If you end the lockdown too early it could be absolutely catastrophic.

But then if it is delayed for many months people's jobs will be lost. They will have hardly income to survive and likely people will be on the streets. But then the job of the government is to support those who are struggling. They have enough in reserves despite all that is happening.

And there's those who are rational about it and know that the lockdown is likely to claim 100K lives....saving C19 patients at ANY cost is idiotic, there has to be a cut off point somewhere otherwise the lockdown will stay in place until vaccination and that's 18m away. If it goes on until then C19 will be the least of anyone's worries, trying to make it home from the supermarket without being attacked for food will be a bit tricky to say the least given 20 million people will be unemployed and starving

But those who's complaints are based on the fact they can't go to the tip or b&q, or that their local pub might not reopen after too long so the lockdown should be relaxed after only 4 weeks are definitely not thinking rationally. They're being petulant and selfish.

They can go b&q because it opens in the morning
Other businesses should follow suit and get the economy running again otherwise we'll all end up living in caves and hunting cats for food.
Even opening it up now will leave millions unemployed, leaving it to fester for a year more will kill more people than it saves

Human lives are more important than money.

I know where your coming from but if everything goes back to "normal" now it could be something that the frontline staff simply would not be able to handle.

Parents are helping one of the family doctors whos close with us who doesnt live too far from us by giving fresh food, supplies etc.

We gave food few days ago to him and asked him how it was and what not and he didnt even touch it he said he was doing a 12 hour shift non stop and had no breaks.

Seen the guy and he has lost weight and just looks shattered. It also doesnt help the guy is scared to death with PPE that is not even available. Yet he like many others still going out there putting their lives on the line EVERY SINGLE DAY.

If that is how it is for these heroes atm just imagine how out of control it would be if lockdown is lifted to early just so people can go to pub or local DIY store.

So screw people wanting to go to pubs, DIY stores or any other social place just so the damn economy can be better for it. I choose saving people. Yes there will be major consequences of the lockdown and damage to the economy but you have to find solutions to survive now.

Back