Anyone yet indirectly affected by the Corona outbreak?

You must have applied for it, they've not suddenly decided to send ten G to everyone at random

Businesses have to fill out a form called an Annex B. Claimants download it, enable editing then fill it in and email it back. I noticed when filling in the form all of the ink auto filled in black apart from the part below which auto filled in red. It just struck me this morning how this is going to work. All of the business rates in our area below £51,000 don't currently pay any business rates. So when we are eventually given the all clear our local council will charge say £200 p.c.m to recover the grant from all of the businesses who were granted the money.

141414.JPG

So you'll have to pay the business rates back? It's only going to be about 6 months worth so about £1200

No we don't pay business rates at all now. We have now got a £10k grant banked. But after the all clear I bet the council will start charging us business rates to get the money back. If they charge us £200 p.c.m they would £9,600 back in four years for instance. That is just my assumption as to why they have given us the money so easily - it's a loan really.

All the money they've paid out during the pandemic is a loan really, all those 80% wages will have to be paid back, governments don't have any money apart from what we give them

The number of covid-19 patients who died in UK hospitals has risen to 16,060 as of 17:00 BST on Saturday, the Department of Health and Social Care say.

That is an increase of 596 in 24 hours - down from the previous daily death toll of 888.

Death toll seems to be up and down daily it seems.

But also shows we are weeks away from the death toll going down drastically.

With the deaths outside hospitals as well. Figure has to be close to 25,000.

Update
B&Q has been shut since 21st March like most other businesses.
I've just been to a local retail park and noticed quite a few cars on their carpark and a bloke stopping cars going in so I drove up.
He said they've been open for click and collect for the past month but only certain items, he then said all B&Q stores opening fully on Wednesday morning trading 8-5 every day, so it appears the lockdown rules are set to be relaxed today or tomorrow, keep your eyes on news channels for confirmation

He's mistaken, only 14 stores nationwide to open this week.

B&Q reopens 14 stores across UK amid coronavirus crisis - FULL LIST
Well my local B&Q isn't on that list so it looks like they're opening them all.
The rules are supposed to be all non essential shops, IE only those selling food.
That said I have a Wilkinson and a Range store in my town that both stayed open and the Range has about 30 aisles of home and garden stuff and one tiny corner that has crisps and biscuits so they were allowed to stay open.
B&Q must have bought a few hundred boxes of Snickers thereby making them an essential buisness

Screwfix are open for click and collect, unfortunately for me they didn't have any masonry paint.
So i checked b and q , you have to wait in a que to get on the website! While I was waiting I looked on Amazon £35 Paint at Screwfix was £120 believe it or not.
When I eventually got on b and q they had it for £35 click and collect, although it might be up to 3days.

Well my local B&Q isn't on that list so it looks like they're opening them all.
The rules are supposed to be all non essential shops, IE only those selling food.
That said I have a Wilkinson and a Range store in my town that both stayed open and the Range has about 30 aisles of home and garden stuff and one tiny corner that has crisps and biscuits so they were allowed to stay open.
B&Q must have bought a few hundred boxes of Snickers thereby making them an essential buisness

It's the impatience of people that'll end lockdown too early imo. They'll buy their home improvement stuff (non-essential trip out) then they'll start demanding the tips open for them to dispose of whatever mess they're making. Then once everyone's sneaking unnecessary journeys in for every excuse they can think of, the govt might as well reopen all businesses.

So shops will be eventually back open. Businesses back to business.

Government said same lockdown measures would be in place for 3 weeks though

Screwfix are open for click and collect, unfortunately for me they didn't have any masonry paint.
So i checked b and q , you have to wait in a que to get on the website! While I was waiting I looked on Amazon £35 Paint at Screwfix was £120 believe it or not.
When I eventually got on b and q they had it for £35 click and collect, although it might be up to 3days.
The one near me has been click and collect only also,i have been doing the house up since the middle of January and B and Q had been a regular visit every couple of days,the last job to be done now was my stairs and i need some beading and floor paint.I dont want to click and collect because knowing my luck it will be the wrong stuff i order.

It's the impatience of people that'll end lockdown too early imo. They'll buy their home improvement stuff (non-essential trip out) then they'll start demanding the tips open for them to dispose of whatever mess they're making. Then once everyone's sneaking unnecessary journeys in for every excuse they can think of, the govt might as well reopen all businesses.
Our tips have reopen because of flytipping getting out of hand,you should see it round our estate.

Expect the tips to open across the country as fly tipping is getting out of hand.

That's the problem with people being so thick that they know the tip is closed yet they still insist on starting diy projects.

The tip here was shut and operatives were moved to refuse collection due to coronavirus staff shortages. If they have to reopen the tips, the bin collections will fall behind.

People will do anything to get past the lockdown.

Its no surprise more people now are doing more DIY but with tips closed some wont bother where they dispose of their crap.

People will do anything to get past the lockdown.

Its no surprise more people now are doing more DIY but with tips closed some wont bother where they dispose of their crap.

Tramps. There's nothing wrong with storing it somewhere till the tips reopen. People think it's a public holiday. "Exercise, work, care for vulnerable and food shopping" were the reasons given to go out. What brain dead idiot thinks a run to the tip falls into one of those categories?

Back