Anyone yet indirectly affected by the Corona outbreak?

Wife and son have been tested and both have it.I got tested yesterday and waiting the results.

Have any of you guys had symptoms, if you don't mind me asking? Been through the process with the missus.

Although it's frightening getting a positive test, vast majority of outcomes are mild.

Support is non existent, simply isolate innit.

Wife and son have been tested and both have it.I got tested yesterday and waiting the results The carers that were looking after the wifes told us the other day that carers that had been visiting our home to look after the wifes mum have been tested.So it looks like they have passed it on to us.

This makes a lot of sense.

Most of the screening, especially of carers working for agencies has relied on spotting early symptoms especially high temps.

Problem is even amongst the very frail and elderly it is very common to have no raised temp (highlighted as a key indicator) and very mild or no symptoms. The carers will have been very unlikely to have even an inclining they were positive

In our group out of 100+ positive tests only 1 hospitalisation and the overwhelming majority of positive tests only cam when the government sourced enough testing to allow asymptomatic staff to test.

I was digging the garden up when my positive result came through . Literally not a sign of infection.

Very likely a huge % of people working in the health sector and their families are positive or have been without knowing

Have any of you guys had symptoms, if you don't mind me asking? Been through the process with the missus.

Although it's frightening getting a positive test, vast majority of outcomes are mild.

Support is non existent, simply isolate innit.
The wife has had high temp,Coughing and she has started to today with shortness of breath. My lad so far has had no signs.
Same as me, but the wife showed her first signs last Thursday.

The wife has had high temp,Coughing and she has started to today with shortness of breath. My lad so far has had no signs.
Same as me, but the wife showed her first signs last Thursday.

My experience of people with symptoms is they usually last 10 days to two weeks, peaking around 7-10 days. Affects everyone so differently though as you are finding.

At least you have each other.

yeah its affecting everyone in different ways, my dad was poorly for weeks and weeks then cut a long story short was in hosptial, 4 covid tests which are 70% accurate come back negative, but his lung damage was classic covid, doctors said he had it, it went and then left him with double pneumonia, its scary how it affects everyone different, but my thoughts go out to you marchingontogether, hope everything turns out OK.

@Marchingontogether sorry to hear about that mate.

Hope you and your family made a quick and speed recovery.

I can understand how scary and stressful it may be mate, but dont worry everything will be ok as such positive results generally just results in need self isolation for a few weeks. So will take some time mate to fell better.

That me positive also, found out early hours this morning .

Look up the breathing exercises recommended by doctors. It's a series of exercises for people with covid that can aid breathing. A coworker has returned to work today and around day 7 she had terrible trouble breathing and the exercises she said prevented her from phoning for hospital admission. They really help. Might be useful if someone in the household starts to feel bad.

Look up the breathing exercises recommended by doctors. It's a series of exercises for people with covid that can aid breathing. A coworker has returned to work today and around day 7 she had terrible trouble breathing and the exercises she said prevented her from phoning for hospital admission. They really help. Might be useful if someone in the household starts to feel bad.
Yea the wifes manager sent her link to youtube she says she has done it a couple of times on it makes breathing a little easier

I came down with, what i thought was bad dose of the flu back in December, then i passed out not brerathing properly.
When i did wake in hospital they told me they tested me for Legionaires desease, which is similar to covid, after 3 days allowed home.
Last week i had a blood test and the test showed that i have the markings of Covid in my blood. thankfully i was lucky. 2 guys in our office did catch it late march, one is slowly recovering, the other sadly passed a few weeks ago.
I was advised the doctors to always wear a mask it'll protect from the spread of cough's and sneezes. which is the common way of catching the virus.

Stay safe every one

I came down with, what i thought was bad dose of the flu back in December, then i passed out not brerathing properly.
When i did wake in hospital they told me they tested me for Legionaires desease, which is similar to covid, after 3 days allowed home.
Last week i had a blood test and the test showed that i have the markings of Covid in my blood. thankfully i was lucky. 2 guys in our office did catch it late march, one is slowly recovering, the other sadly passed a few weeks ago.
I was advised the doctors to always wear a mask it'll protect from the spread of cough's and sneezes. which is the common way of catching the virus.

Stay safe every one
I would change your username mate!!!

Stay safe every one

Really sorry to hear about your colleague's passing.

Buckle up this is gonna be a long one.
Some people know what’s been happening over the last few weeks but I just want to raise awareness of covid by sharing my story.
Back on 21st may, the day my mum was put on end of life care I started to feel ill, put it down to stress etc but we decided as a family to get tested. My mum passed on the 25th and a few hours later we got our results to say we were covid positive. Caught from my mum who had caught from carers.My son and husband
showed very minor symptoms, me I just felt awful but put it down to grief. By Friday 29th I was so I’ll I was told to go to the covid hub in Rotherham, when i got there i didn’t have enough oxygen to walk 50 yards. They wheeled me in and said I was really poorly so blue lighted me to hospital leaving them to explain to lee who was sat in the car.
Arrived at a and e, to be asked if the worst comes to the worst do I want to be resuscitated! Err ye.
I was taken to the covid ward which was horrendous, the old and those with health conditions being told they aren’t eligible for ICU care if they need it. Two ladies passed while I was on the ward.. it was like hell on earth. I wasn’t getting better it was clear covid was taking over and I needed intensive care treatment, I really feel lucky that I was given this chance.
I spent 9 days in intensive care, having one to one care with the most amazing doctors and nurses who believed I could recover and did everything they could to make sure I did.
I wore a CPAP mask to force oxygen into
Me, everything was monitored, I have wires attached to my heart, an arterial line that went in my wrist up through my artery so they
Could check my blood every 4 hours. This was scary stuff.
A girl was brought in opposite me, 34 years old with 2 little ones at home, they couldn’t save her, she died the next day.
The ICU nurses are gowned up with masks, visors, long gowns, double gloves. They can only go for a wee, food or drink on a break. These people are amazing.
They got me back on my feet, I was discharged yesterday. I kicked rona. I’m looking at probably 6 months until I’m fully back on my feet.
I suppose what I’m trying to get across is that not everyone shows symptoms. The person that’s leaning across you in the supermarket may pass it on to you as they have no symptoms. Everyone’s body reacts differently.
The doctors and nurses are truly amazing, I’m biased but I have a soft spot for the ICU nurses because they got me through this both physically and mentally. Don’t make their department busier by doing anything stupid x remember they only can do so much, more covid patients have died in the icu in Rotherham than survived !! I am so, so, lucky. You might not be.
Anyway, if you have made it this far thanks for listening and stay safe.
Oh and for everyone who has been on the end of the phone for me, checking up
On me it makes you realise who true friend are.. you know who you all are
❤️

And all the FaceTimes to Ben and lee x couldn’t have done it without you two x x

Back