Anyone yet indirectly affected by the Corona outbreak?

There is only one reason they reacted slowly because they wanted to delay damage to the economy as long as possible.

People also are understanding the major fekk up and lies being reported about number of dead

That's backfired because lockdown sooner would have limited the spread sooner, and lockdown could have been ended earlier with less loss of life.

Yes but those at the top dont value life. These press conferences they do they look and sound so fake.

If only we had better prepared, had enough PPE. How things could have been different.

I think they should have had a proper lockdown for a spell, even just two weeks would undoubtedly have made a difference. People could have been given a bit of notice to get food organised then a proper ban on leaving the house without proper reasons could be enforced.

Despite virus coming from China look how Chinese reacted.

Believe in January they went it complete lockdown, closed borders etc and they controlled it.

Here the virus was not taken seriously, measures were laxed and government not heading what was already happening across the world.

Theres a hint on Google saying back to work for some on Monday, kids back to school in June, plus pubs not opening until September, dont know how true it is.
No point of the kids going back in June in N-Ireland as they stop for the summer holidays on the 26th June, I take it the holidays in England start a bit later than that.

With the size and layout of some classrooms at my Son's high school, they've worked out that they can only fit 6 children in at any one time under current social distancing guidelines.

I work in a care setting and it's brutal. This week we've finally been able to test asymptomatic staff and the rate of positives is scary. Likely a significant proportion of the healthy population are walking around with covid and not knowing it. Out of over 100 staff across sites testing positive only one has needed medical treatment. We've had our temperatures taken daily since the outbreak and so not so much as a temp spike for many positive tests.

Do not visit elderly or vulnerable friend / relatives. And for the love of God do not allow kids in to see grandparents.

So many will have passed stuff around yesterday. You may be carrying the virus with no symptoms.

I am a positive and have not even felt less than 100% no temp spikes or symptoms

Usually July for us in UK mate for 6 weeks holiday
Ours get the 9 weeks for summer, great when you are a kid, but not so much when you are a parent, in England, Scotland, Wales they get so many half term breaks a year that the kids over here don't get, so they all get the same amount of holidays for the year all round.

Had phone call off kids schools they can go back from 8th June alternative days and weeks and all social distancing put in place ect and it's on our say so whether we are willing to send them back kids wants to go back but it's what measures are put in place transport wise for them and there's limited spaces for kids available!!!!!

Tbh I see it pointless sending kids back to school in June if a month later they are off for summer holidays.

Strange secondary schools, colleges and unis have been told not to go back in June.

Tbh I see it pointless sending kids back to school in June if a month later they are off for summer holidays.

Strange secondary schools, colleges and unis have been told not to go back in June.
I'm on about younger age and special needs school not mainstream

That's what I am talking about primary schools and special needs schools for kids.

What ever measures they put in place will not be enough and is th worth risking sending kids back. I don't believe so.

They should just end the term in June and start up in September.

my tuppence worth on this,
its not the UK gov that is at fault, its the people that are not using common sense and blaming it all on the gov that are the problem,
I'm currently working in mainland Europe, have been since beginning of March,
we locked down on 16th March, but 90% of shops remained opened, only 'social' shops closed,
restaurants, cafes, pubs, hairdressers,, clothes etc, all supermarkets, diy etc stayed open, lines on floor for distancing,
and everyone respected the measures put in place,
no shortages of anything apart from hand sanitiser for a week or so, which was cured by selling one for [example] £2 or 2 for £50, and that is exactly what shops done on advice from the gov here.
restrictions began to ease here 2 weeks ago, with a little more each week depending on how they see things happening, an announcement is made each Sunday, and no press pressure or speculation as to what will lift next, its left to the gov to decide.
and the PM appears to have the backing of everyone, including the other political parties, everyone, press, politicians, public etc, are all trying to work together, not against each other.
cafes opened 2 weeks ago as take away only, people respectfully queue outside and observe a decent 2m rule, same with ice cream shops,
hairdressers have re-opened and max 3 customers no matter how large a shop, less for smaller shops,
all the shops that are open have numbers on the door, people will look in and count or ask before they enter,
that is simply never going to happen in the UK, its a me me me society,
and therein my friends, is the biggest problem,
selfishness,
I'm alright Jack, I'll survive it,
maybe you will, but who TF will you infect that wont.?

BTW, I'm working on a large multi-national building site that has stayed open throughout due to putting in place social distancing measures, segregated canteen, one way system for walking around site, etc etc etc, and all the rules are strictly adhered to.

I think the presss and news readers put a lot of pressure on the politicians (Fake News) To quote Donald.:LOL:
my tuppence worth on this,
its not the UK gov that is at fault, its the people that are not using common sense and blaming it all on the gov that are the problem,
I'm currently working in mainland Europe, have been since beginning of March,
we locked down on 16th March, but 90% of shops remained opened, only 'social' shops closed,
restaurants, cafes, pubs, hairdressers,, clothes etc, all supermarkets, diy etc stayed open, lines on floor for distancing,
and everyone respected the measures put in place,
no shortages of anything apart from hand sanitiser for a week or so, which was cured by selling one for [example] £2 or 2 for £50, and that is exactly what shops done on advice from the gov here.
restrictions began to ease here 2 weeks ago, with a little more each week depending on how they see things happening, an announcement is made each Sunday, and no press pressure or speculation as to what will lift next, its left to the gov to decide.
and the PM appears to have the backing of everyone, including the other political parties, everyone, press, politicians, public etc, are all trying to work together, not against each other.
cafes opened 2 weeks ago as take away only, people respectfully queue outside and observe a decent 2m rule, same with ice cream shops,
hairdressers have re-opened and max 3 customers no matter how large a shop, less for smaller shops,
all the shops that are open have numbers on the door, people will look in and count or ask before they enter,
that is simply never going to happen in the UK, its a me me me society,
and therein my friends, is the biggest problem,
selfishness,
I'm alright Jack, I'll survive it,
maybe you will, but who TF will you infect that wont.?

BTW, I'm working on a large multi-national building site that has stayed open throughout due to putting in place social distancing measures, segregated canteen, one way system for walking around site, etc etc etc, and all the rules are strictly adhered to.

Wife and son have been tested and both have it.I got tested yesterday and waiting the results The carers that were looking after the wifes told us the other day that carers that had been visiting our home to look after the wifes mum have been tested.So it looks like they have passed it on to us.

Back