Are we stuck with VPN use forever?

Well you dont need one for the reasons a lot of us do and thats our IPTV provider has been block buy our internet provider.

There are other reasons, big one is not allowing your ISP to see what your up to weather that be downloads viewing IPTV both probably illegal.

You actually loose speed when you use a VPN but it will still be more than enough in most cases to hide what your upto.
I'm not sure about losing speed, that depends on a lot of things, not just using a VPN

I see absolutely no difference in speed with VPN on or off,
I put that down to my router being easily able to handle the VPN routing at the speeds I get .
So with the right hardware and VPN settings, you won't see any loss of speed necessarily

when using vpn speed depends also on the vpn country you choose as ideally u need to select the country outside UK but close to it not USA or Singapore or similar as that will affect the speed. Secondly better use VPN that has the wireguard option as it uses less resources. This is from my main experience and may differ on others

when using vpn speed depends also on the vpn country you choose as ideally u need to select the country outside UK but close to it not USA or Singapore or similar as that will affect the speed. Secondly better use VPN that has the wireguard option as it uses less resources. This is from my main experience and may differ on others
And which popular vpn's have the wireguard option?

Wireguard protocol is best on VPNs some support it and generally don't see huge drop on speeds.

I don't use VPN unless really have to.

I have not seen ISPs throttling me and stream and download alot especially latter where do heavily downloading and get full speeds without need of VPN.

But guess depends how much individual cares about their security ab privacy

Sometimes 3pm kickoffs get blocked without using a VPN. If your ISP supplier catches you using Iptv they may throttle your speeds.

Some people don't bother personally for the cost of a VPN I would use one all the time.
That depends on you iptv supplier some do not alow vpn's especially if you have multiroom or you need to ask permission.

Xpress
Nord
Surfshark

3 best vpns with wireguard protocol
on enigma2 surfshark and nord wireguard not available only for android or windows last time I checked.

If you can use one use it. It basically hides your IP from your service provider.
It won't protect you if the server gets nicked as your payment details will be there for all to see.

on enigma2 surfshark and nord wireguard not available only for android or windows last time I checked.
Surfshark and Nord can be used on Linux (E2) as Android is a form of Linux (window is based on the same kernel too) ,
But best to use a VPN on a router if you can, anyway.

I'm not sure about losing speed, that depends on a lot of things, not just using a VPN

I see absolutely no difference in speed with VPN on or off,
I put that down to my router being easily able to handle the VPN routing at the speeds I get .
So with the right hardware and VPN settings, you won't see any loss of speed necessarily
Think you on an amazing router though.

I use a AC86U running merlin firmware 200mb line i get around 165mb through Nord VPN setup on the router its not a massive loss but it is still a loss.

If your running VPN on sat boxes and IPTV devices you are definetly going to suffer losses via VPN.

Last edited:
Surfshark and Nord can be used on Linux (E2) as Android is a form of Linux (window is based on the same kernel too) ,
But best to use a VPN on a router if you can, anyway.
I Know you can run surfshark and nord on e2 I have them running via vpn manager with open vpn config files, I don't understand what you are saying I mentioned wireguard for surfshark and nord are only available on the android apps you cannot run android apps in e2 even though android is form of linux.

Ok guys at the moment iv'e got virgin media 200m package also got Deco M4 Mesh system connected to the virgin media hub3 in modem mode.
on my Zgemma H9 Combo with 10\100 ethernet I can connect at up to 80 Mbit\s just slightly slower with vpn using surfshark via vpn manager ( i have tried various vpn mostly the same speed.

But with new Gigablue UHD Quad 4k with gigabit ethernet I can connect at up to 180 Mbit\s but only get up to between 30-35 Mbit\s with a vpn.
just wondering if its the quad processor on the Zgemma that is making the difference the gigablue has duel processor even though it performs faster than the zgemma normally.

If I bought a vpn router if that would make a difference and what ones could I use with the Deco M4 Mesh or do I need to just but the new router into modem mode or use the Deco's as Access point.

Last edited:
Ok guys at the moment iv'e got virgin media 200m package also got Deco M4 Mesh system connected to the virgin media hub3 in modem mode.
on my Zgemma H9 Combo with 10\100 ethernet I can connect at up to 80 Mbit\s just slightly slower with vpn using surfshark via vpn manager ( i have tried various vpn mostly the same speed.

But with new Gigablue UHD Quad 4k with gigabit ethernet I can onnect at up to 180 Mbit\s but only get up to between 30-35 Mbit\s with a vpn.
just wondering if its the quad processor on the Zgemma that is making the difference the gigablue has duel processor even though it performs faster than the zgemma normally.

If I bought a vpn router if that would make a difference and what ones could I use with the Deco M4 Mesh or do I need to just but the new router into modem mode or use the Deco's as Access point.
I use Nord on ZGH7 and actually get a slightly higher speed with it running than I do with it off.
Similar results using same VPN on Buzz Android box

I use Nord on ZGH7 and actually get a slightly higher speed with it running than I do with it off.
Similar results using same VPN on Buzz Android box
yes i was the same with the zgemma h9Combo with vpn running but the gigablue complete opposite even though its a 1 gigabit ethernet device.

yes i was the same with the zgemma h9Combo with vpn running but the gigablue complete opposite even though its a 1 gigabit ethernet device.
Try Nord VPN.
No idea how it all works but I had differing results using other vpn's until I used Nord

As mentioned try other popular vpns like surfshark, ipvanish etc see if you get the same results.

Also try to choose the best and fastest server closest to you and see if that makes any difference.

PIA is good with virgin. you can set it up with open VPN aswell. I am using express and it speeds my connection up. however, it is more expensive

I'm now finding where a could say turn on vpn for Netherlands and leave it I know how to change location 4 or 5 times a week.
Seem they are disrupting vpn's now more then ever.

Shouldn’t really need to use a vpn when it’s only euros that’s on I know a lot of providers are making certain isp use a vpn

I have IPVanish, Nord, Ivacy, PIA, and Surfshark on my hard drive tried them all , As I said no problem with speeds on the Zgemma and that only has 100MB ethernet build it where as the gigblue has 1000mb built in and that is the one that is slow.

Back