Are we stuck with VPN use forever?

the reason I have more than one was I was trying out various ones in vpn manager to see what ones were most stable and fastest and I could just jump from one to another but have since settled on surfshark with surfsharkvpn plugin. (y)
Always better to test different vpn companies imo as some perform better than others as you've mentioned it's a no brainer till suitable one is found like all things it's trial and error and what works for some won't work for others.

It is better to put the VPN on the actual device you are using.

Nord has always been a speed killer for me.
I don't agree,
It means the device has more work to do, when the VPN can be added to a device that is more designed for that work.
If you put it on a 2nd router then you have the choice as to whether to connect to the internet via a VPN or direct using the primary router.
It also means you can connect multiple devices using one VPN connection.

I don't agree,
It means the device has more work to do, when the VPN can be added to a device that is more designed for that work.
If you put it on a 2nd router then you have the choice as to whether to connect to the internet via a VPN or direct using the primary router.
It also means you can connect multiple devices using one VPN connection.
If you have even a half decent device it would easily handle a VPN to be fair.

Horses for courses I suppose.

With most Asus routers that are running Merlin firmware you dont need a second router you can route between your ISP and a client the client been your VPN.
I have about 6 routers/switches on my primary network anyway, and my ISP router/modem as primary 192.xxx.1.xxx, with my Linksys VPN router as a 2nd network 192.xxx.2.xxx

I have about 6 routers/switches on my primary network anyway, and my ISP router/modem as primary 192.xxx.1.xxx, with my Linksys VPN router as a 2nd network 192.xxx.2.xxx
I couldn't be bothered with all that faff :LOL:

Like already mentioned it's down to the provider to encrypt or whatever they do there end.I've had it with a few suppliers and if you tell they fix it.no vpn should be needed our end.unless you want to protect yourself....whatever that means.most suppliers don't know what gets blocked by what country until they are told.I had it happen last week.told them.channels went funny up and down for day or two then it was fixed.

I couldn't be bothered with all that faff :LOL:
I have a feed to each room in the house, as well as separate feeds to my boxes, TV FS etc, plus a feed to the shed/workshop,
The only things WiFi are phones/tablets, my netbook, and Alexa,
It's no big faff, just plug them in and perfect whole house and garden WiFi , with hard wired points in each room

I have a feed to each room in the house, as well as separate feeds to my boxes, TV FS etc, plus a feed to the shed/workshop,
The only things WiFi are phones/tablets, my netbook, and Alexa,
It's no big faff, just plug them in and perfect whole house and garden WiFi , with hard wired points in each room
Ive an 8 port switch feeding the rooms in my house its all i need.

two connections in living room one in dinning room and the rest to the bedrooms . By faff i only ment multiple router not cat 6 to the rooms. Im with you on that

Ive an 8 port switch feeding the rooms in my house its all i need.

two connections in living room one in dinning room and the rest to the bedrooms . By faff i only ment multiple router not cat 6 to the rooms. Im with you on that
Cat 6 is a waste of time money and effort in a domestic scenario, and most commercial too tbh
I have my primary ISP router which feeds directly to son's room in cat5 where he has a WiFi switch to hard wire his PC and PS5,
A feed to second WiFi switch beside main router to provide good WiFi downstairs as ISP WiFi is rubbish
A cat 5 from to loft WiFi switch which provides food WiFi upstairs and a feed to other bedrooms, and CCTV box
Feed to Linksys VPN router from 2nd router which feeds 2 boxes and feed to workshop,
A WiFi switch in workshop that provides good WiFi in garden and hardwired connection to laptop in workshop

Cat 6 is a waste of time money and effort in a domestic scenario, and most commercial too tbh
I have my primary ISP router which feeds directly to son's room in cat5 where he has a WiFi switch to hard wire his PC and PS5,
A feed to second WiFi switch beside main router to provide good WiFi downstairs as ISP WiFi is rubbish
A cat 5 from to loft WiFi switch which provides food WiFi upstairs and a feed to other bedrooms, and CCTV box
Feed to Linksys VPN router from 2nd router which feeds 2 boxes and feed to workshop,
A WiFi switch in workshop that provides good WiFi in garden and hardwired connection to laptop in workshop
I got the cat 6 from work mate for free.

All my kit router switch and hub is in the loft i work down from there.

I've just upgraded my router from an Asus DCL-AC68U model to an Asus RT- AX88U, I thought My old router was decent but I'm blown away with the new one, alot of my devices are WIFI 6 and as the new one is WIFI 6 the speeds are unbelievable in comparison, also the 2GHZ is so much better also, when VPN connected the speeds have also improved dramatically, I've always said tho that a good router will solve alot of peoples problems with streaming especially distance wise, (bedroom, shed etc... its not the cheapest of routers but I Highley recommend if people have trouble streaming ect.... my vpn speeds have gone through the roof and I use Express vpn and I thought they were good on the old router.

To be fair if you buy a decent set of mesh wifi boosters you will loose a couple of meg most of the time nothing bit they are expensive.

Hey guys, this is my first post here so please don’t thrown rocks if I ask stupid questions.
I have been using iptv for nearly a year now and I’ve never used a vpn.
Today I’ve seen this thread wondering why would I use one?
Has this anything to do with your internet provider blocking it?
For legal reasons?
For better connectivity?
I am sorry if it sounds stupid but I am better asking that ignoring it.
Thanks in advance for clarifications

Hey guys, this is my first post here so please don’t thrown rocks if I ask stupid questions.
For legal reasons?
For better connectivity?
Keep going without it if you have done so far without... you are still one of the lucky ones who's provider hasn't been blocked yet.
The thread was in regards to suppliers that have no other option but to advise that a vpn is needed.

Sometimes 3pm kickoffs get blocked without using a VPN. If your ISP supplier catches you using Iptv they may throttle your speeds.

Some people don't bother personally for the cost of a VPN I would use one all the time.

For legal reasons?
For better connectivity?
No such thing as a stupid question bud, if you don't know you don't know.
Good knowledgeable people on here that are happy to help.

For legal reasons?
For better connectivity?
Well you dont need one for the reasons a lot of us do and thats our IPTV provider has been block buy our internet provider.

There are other reasons, big one is not allowing your ISP to see what your up to weather that be downloads viewing IPTV both probably illegal.

You actually loose speed when you use a VPN but it will still be more than enough in most cases to hide what your upto.

Back