Are we stuck with VPN use forever?

I posted a similar reply on another thread, the use of freely available/publicly available panels to host IPTV services means ISP intervention will only get worse for most of them, so VPN will become the norm.

There are some out there that are running on bespoke panels and have a few other methods of avoiding the ISP filtering.

Think you on an amazing router though.

I use a AC68U running merlin firmware 200mb line i get around 165mb through Nord VPN setup on the router its not a massive loss but it is still a loss.

If your running VPN on sat boxes and IPTV devices you are definetly going to suffer losses via VPN.
I was looking at a second hand ASUS DSL-AC68U AC1900 at the moment I have got virgin media hub 3 conneted via modem mode to tp-link deco m4 mesh system , could I connect the ASUS AC68U AC1900 to the virgin media hub 3 then to the deco 4 mesh system via ethernet so I can use the ASUS AC68U AC1900 as vpn ?

I was looking at a second hand ASUS DSL-AC68U AC1900 at the moment I have got virgin media hub 3 conneted via modem mode to tp-link deco m4 mesh system , could I connect the ASUS AC68U AC1900 to the virgin media hub 3 then to the deco 4 mesh system via ethernet so I can use the ASUS AC68U AC1900 as vpn ?
I am not sure the DSL version can be used the way you would want it to. I have recently de-commisioned an RT-AC68U AC1900 .from a VM hub 3 and replaced it with an RT-AC86U. PM me if interested. Donation of your choice to wheelo's homeless charity.

As per woody6222 explanation i doubt that is going to work. In theory his RT version should work.

I made a typo with my model number on the quote you made of my post its the A86U i currently have. Early signs of loosing it i think.

I'm back trying iptv again, it's been a few years since I last tried it.
I'm just wondering if a lot of people are using a vpn for iptv?
I've had a slap on the wrist via my isp when I used an open torrent tracker but now only use private trackers one if which I pay for vip.
I've been thinking about a vpn for a while so perhaps iptv will be a nod towards it.

I've had a slap on the wrist via my isp when I used an open torrent tracker but now only use private trackers one if which I pay for vip.
I've been thinking about a vpn for a while so perhaps iptv will be a nod towards it.
Loads use them as standard now , some only turn them on when needed like a block during football.

Personally if you can use a vpn on your device 24/7 then do it , just check with whoever you buy off that they allow vpn's.

Alot do use vpns for iptv and for the blocks in place it's generally needed now. Best to have it just in case.

For torrents public or private trackers you really should use vpn. Have had warnings from VM few years ago and that was torrents from private trackers.

Alot do use vpns for iptv and for the blocks in place it's generally needed now. Best to have it just in case.

For torrents public or private trackers you really should use vpn. Have had warnings from VM few years ago and that was torrents from private trackers.
Now If I really wanted to download a torrent I just do it via real debrid.

Vpns are widely available and nord constantly advertise on commercial tv. Anyone using ipee should have one in place

Now If I really wanted to download a torrent I just do it via real debrid.

Same as me mate. RD's torrents feature is awesome.

Only last resort will I use torrents directly as have vpn anyway.

Only thing I have noticed some of the private trackers I'm on don't work with RD. Seems they have a work round not to work with RD and others.

Use RD or for abit more price a seedbox for private trackers. Regarding IPTV it's just cat and mouse with VPN and weekends. Normally a decent IPTV will sort it out their end but no harm in asking if you're allowed to use one your end.

My nord subscription is expiring soon. Thinking to get surfshark instead. Anyone else made the same change?
I use surfshark and have had no issues with it. App is available for all my devices, the exception being enigma 2 receiver which I still use surfshark on but using open vpn extension to configure it. On android or the firesticks the app is available in their respective stores and is easy to use, I like the settings which allow you to configure which individual apps should use vpn.

I use surfshark and have had no issues with it. App is available for all my devices, the exception being enigma 2 receiver which I still use surfshark on but using open vpn extension to configure it. On android or the firesticks the app is available in their respective stores and is easy to use, I like the settings which allow you to configure which individual apps should use vpn.
The price compared to nord and express almost make it seem too good to be true.

They seem to do a lot of special offers, had a reminder from them a couple of days ago that my original 2 year sub ends in february. I think original sub was around £45 and new offer was £44.12 for 24 months and an extra 3 months free on top of that. I think you can get a free seven day trial through the app as well if you just want to try it.

At the moment I am using pia vpn as even the best suppliers sometimes have issues,especially just lately with sly isp's.Technology is moving on and for what it costs these days for a vpn it's just good to have one when you need it.

I personally use namecheap VPN and never had any issues.
They are well known for domain names but they VPN service is perfect for me.

I wish when members mention VPN it wound be good to know what devices they use it on normally android no problems with most enigma2 is different.

Back