Are we stuck with VPN use forever?

I use VM before that i used BT. never had a problem with throttleing to be honest with either. Talktalk are pretty good aswell until you have to get in touch with customer service. The trouble is if you stay away from BT and use sly, talktalk, plusnet and others you can be disconnected for a while if something goes wrong because they don't like sending out openreach engineers as it costs them evreytime.
thats weird saying that
I recently complained to SSE as I have been uograded to Fibre to the Pole and my speeds havent changed
they are sending out an openreach bod tomoz as they reckon I should have seen an increase of about 10meg,
even tho I have cancelled with them and am changing ISP next friday
makes you wonder, do any of the departments talk to each other,?

Ahhhh now do I better the devil you know with sky or risk 2 years with devil you don't.
Love to know what the average iptv users all use and get half decent results, I can only get max 70mb where I located so no Virgin lightning for me.
Think I will call them to cancel tomoz, don't think I can risk it.
I've been with sky about 9 years and tbh never had issues with throttling never had to use a vpn I'm just in middle of transferring to a new isp on a 12 month contract.
I'm only leaving as I was paying for there max package and my line can't handle it so I've switched to their sister company now broadband which offers the speeds my line can handle.
A few of my mates/neighbours and iptv users mentioned them to me due to go live 17th/2/21.
I used to have ee in aswell they never throttled either just hope my comment about Voda hasn't put you off as that wasn't my intention I just remember a few on here saying was been throttled.
My speeds with sky would have been 63mpbs to my router it was coming in at 36mbps and on WiFi I was getting roughly 25mbps which in theory was good enough speeds.
Hope you find one that will suit mate luckily for me I could leave/have a take over for free no termination fees to pay

Rather than seeing the move to voda as potentially not needing a vpn, you could actually get a good vpn, good vpn router or install it on all your streaming devices and see it as a fresh start to run all your illegal streaming from behind a vpn so your new isp will never have you on their radar as potentially someone who could have their streaming disrupted.

Pup does have a point Or an alternative option and probably just as good find a provider that isn't blocked at a weekend as a backup to the service you have so don't have to run a vpn.
See blocking particular isp can work 2 ways maybe less pressure with a block (although vm started new blocks) or have end users moaning as there isp speeds can't handle a vpn and loose a lot of customers.

Rather than seeing the move to voda as potentially not needing a vpn, you could actually get a good vpn, good vpn router or install it on all your streaming devices and see it as a fresh start to run all your illegal streaming from behind a vpn so your new isp will never have you on their radar as potentially someone who could have their streaming disrupted.
Mate, i have the best VPN im sure of that NORD ( also had digbit, vulture, monster, ghost all had the same issue and i use to have 3 on sub at once so swapped live between them) and have also mentioned that its happening at certain times only, i have tried several VPN's i have tried all avenues from my hardware side of things and i am competent from handling my hardware side of things have rewired cat 6 all over house mesh wireless no repeaters for wifi, wifi I'm getting on average 40Mb . my IPTV sticks are hardwired also not wireless. right now speed test on them is 40Mb with VPN on.
The only thing i can see left to try is ISP swap, and hopefully the "No previous history" will perhaps help.
Also in the past which I noted was that amazon video UHD played fine when i was getting buffering from my IPTV apps whichever i used. My logged sync speeds on router info D6400 are on point 70mb approx, im cool with it was trying to see if something else i had perhaps missed.

Pup does have a point Or an alternative option and probably just as good find a provider that isn't blocked at a weekend as a backup to the service you have so don't have to run a vpn.
See blocking particular isp can work 2 ways maybe less pressure with a block (although vm started new blocks) or have end users moaning as there isp speeds can't handle a vpn and loose a lot of customers.
Weekends work fine, which is the weird thing about it, i think with all said and done in the great scheme of things im not suffering all that bad a bit annoying but ISP change might be the way forward, i have cancelled Vodafone will give it a rethink
cheers all

Nord absolutely murders my speeds from just over 200 meg down to 30. It dose the same to my brother we are both on virgin

Can you get BT full fibre. They are rolling out really quickly

Nord absolutely murders my speeds from just over 200 meg down to 30. It dose the same to my brother we are both on virgin

Hi Mike what VPN do you use if Nord is as bad ? i can only get superfast Fibre 2 that's the best in my location, as mentioned above i have tried various recommended VPN's and seems Nord is best so far

I just looked at video on You Tube yesterday IPVanish are fastest now they upgraded their servers some info on This Page nord had just updated from 1 GB to 10GB Ipvanish 10GB to 25GB

Hi Mike what VPN do you use if Nord is as bad ? i can only get superfast Fibre 2 that's the best in my location, as mentioned above i have tried various recommended VPN's and seems Nord is best so far

Private internet access.they give you a weeks free trial I think.

Will say when it comes to illegal downloading and streaming for that matter no matter the day I havent experienced any issues even where sometimes speeds may be lower. But can download and stream fine without issues.

Will say when it comes to illegal downloading and streaming for that matter no matter the day I havent experienced any issues even where sometimes speeds may be lower. But can download and stream fine without issues.
i have the added bonus of four teenage sons hammering the internet gaming tic tok, uploading dik pics:ROFLMAO: , streaming etc to deal with lol, im sure like most.:LOL:

Our internet usage is mad however lucky we have virgin if the worst comes to the worst just need to upgrade.

Back