Austria announces nationwide lockdown and mandatory vaccination

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
Austria will enter another nationwide Covid-19 lockdown and will make vaccination compulsory from February, Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg announced Friday, becoming one of the few countries in the world to take the drastic step to mandate shots as it struggles to boost stagnant vaccination rates and contain record levels of Covid-19.

View attachment twitter_20211119_154228.mp4

Vaccination against Covid-19 will also be compulsory from February 1, Schallenberg said, making Austria one of the only countries in the world and the first in Europe to introduce a national mandate.

‘We Have To Face Reality’: Austria Announces Nationwide Vaccine Mandate, Full-Scale Covid-19 Lockdown

Good.
They have had ample time to take up the vaccine voluntarily and yet a third of them are happy to clog up the health system, thereby killing patients who had no choice, cancer sufferers and other life-threatening conditions
Agreed, good move from Austria, maybe they will get back to some normality now they have imposed mandatory vaccinations, 2 many moan like feck Bout covid and they arnt even jabbed 🤣🤣🤔🤔

I'm not disgusted with Austria at all, It's OK to tell nurses who have worked through the pandemic 14 hr shifts 7 days a week and now to be told have the jab or see you later, and Joe bloggs down the road can live his life and not have the jab and live a normal life, government need to get there priorities right imo

That's not ok and neither is this.
EVERYONE has a right to choose what's put in their own bodies.
So what do you suggest? My suggestion is to make it mandatory for everyone to have the vaccine, that would help stop people getting seriously sick or even worse, dying so we can live with this virus.

I've explained my reasoning behind mandatory jabs

Your turn

So what do you suggest? My suggestion is to make it mandatory for everyone to have the vaccine, that would help stop people getting seriously sick or even worse, dying so we can live with this virus.

I've explained my reasoning behind mandatory jabs

Your turn

It's their own choice if they want to take the risk of getting seriously sick.
Look up bodily autonomy.

Let's say someone is forced into having a jab and they have an adverse reaction and they die. That's murder in my eyes.

Everyone has always had a right to choose. Mandatory vaccines takes that right away.

It's their own choice if they want to take the risk of getting seriously sick.
Look up bodily autonomy.

Let's say someone is forced into having a jab and they have an adverse reaction and they die. That's murder in my eyes.

Everyone has always had a right to choose. Mandatory vaccines takes that right away.
Completely agree with that,
Everyone has a choice.
But,
I would add, that if someone refuses the jab, and is then denied access to something or somewhere, or denied the right to travel, or a job,
Then, they have no right to complain about someone else's choice to deny that to them

Completely agree with that,
Everyone has a choice.
But,
I would add, that if someone refuses the jab, and is then denied access to something or somewhere, or denied the right to travel, or a job,
Then, they have no right to complain about someone else's choice to deny that to them
And herein lies the problem.
No matter how ignorant people are about the disease, or how dismissive they are of the vaccine, the health system has a legal and moral obligation to care for them, they have no choice.
Which leads to ICU wards overflowing and deaths.
Liberty and freedom of choice are fine until it causes your or someone else's death or serious illness

This fallacy the media are using to suggest hospitals are overrun with Covid patients is crap. How can they be with these stats for Covid deaths.

Over run last year with Covid patients yes. This year no. I don't buy it.

this is deaths 👇.

Screenshot_20211119-214027_Google.jpg

It gives people a reason to make excuses for this to be forced on people. And think they are in the right for pushing it.

Or maybe those Hospitals are overrun because of staff shortages due to this ridiculous forced mandate causing an even bigger shortage in NHS staff. Anyone one of you pushing this, ever though of what you're unintentionally causing?

It's wrong. Everyone should have a choice.

This fallacy the media are using to suggest hospitals are overrun with Covid patients is crap. How can they be with these stats for Covid deaths.

Over run last year with Covid patients yes. This year no. I don't buy it.

this is deaths 👇.

View attachment 67667

It gives people a reason to make excuses for this to be forced on people. And think they are in the right for pushing it.

Or maybe those Hospitals are overrun because of staff shortages due to this ridiculous forced mandate causing an even bigger shortage in NHS staff. Anyone one of you pushing this, ever though of what you're unintentionally causing?

It's wrong. Everyone should have a choice.
You are right Hiteck, everyone should and does have a choice I don't believe anyone is really saying that they don't have a choice or forcing it on anyone, it is as you say their choice, and to quote part of @steptoe post:

"I would add, that if someone refuses the jab, and is then denied access to something or somewhere, or denied the right to travel, or a job,
Then, they have no right to complain about someone else's choice to deny that to them"

And I totally agree with this quote

"I would add, that if someone refuses the jab, and is then denied access to something or somewhere, or denied the right to travel, or a job,
Then, they have no right to complain about someone else's choice to deny that to them"

And I totally agree with this quote

I do as a vaccinated person.
Because those places will eventually realise the vaccine doesn't stop the spread. Then hopefully people will stop segregating people based on their vaccination status. Because it's getting really weird and creepy, and people think it's okay to act this way.

I do as a vaccinated person.
Because those places will eventually realise the vaccine doesn't stop the spread. Then hopefully people will stop segregating people based on their vaccination status. Because it's getting really weird and creepy, and people think it's okay to act this way.
You are right, just look a Gibralta 100% of the population vaccinated and and extra 18% which are those that travel from Spain to work in Gib, and yet they are seeing a suge in the virus :unsure:

You are right, just look a Gibralta 100% of the population vaccinated and and extra 18% which are those that travel from Spain to work in Gib, and yet they are seeing a suge in the virus :unsure:

Yup. They're fully vaccinated yet in a worse position than Austria who are forcing the jab OR ELSE!
118% VACCINATED.

I've had two but wont get a booster after seeing what's going on and the extremism surrounding it. Scary.

Yup. They're fully vaccinated yet in a worse position than Austria who are forcing the jab OR ELSE!
118% VACCINATED.

I've had two but wont get a booster after seeing what's going on and the extremism surrounding it. Scary.
I have been called for my booster, and although I had very bad reactions to the 1st and 2nd dose, I personally think I will still go for the booster.

But they do say that if you have had Covid diagnosed or not, then you are more likely to have a reaction. I was ill, constant coughing, sweating, aching, cold sweats and shivering, around about Nov/Dec before it all came to 'light' in I think the March, but it only lasted about 4 or 5 days.

Maybe (no........ not maybe) I was one of the lucky ones, as many did not make it (God rest their souls)

I don't blame you for getting it.
Each to their own mate and I hope you don't get the same reactions as before and everything goes well.
Personally I was lucky and only had a dead arm for 12 hours.
We all should have a choice. That's my only issue and as a result of seeing how people behave after having it. I don't want anymore.

I don't blame you for getting it.
Each to their own mate and I hope you don't get the same reactions as before and everything goes well.
Personally I was lucky and only had a dead arm for 12 hours.
We all should have a choice. That's my only issue and as a result of seeing how people behave after having it. I don't want anymore.
I thank you mate, but my guess is that I will be ill again, but that is a choice that I make (not being forced or shamed into having it)!

It is your/our choice mate, and no one else's, and NO ONE should judge or shame anyone for making YOUR/THEIR own decisions.

As you say "Each to their Own"

Not sure what the UK graphic from last year has to do with Austria death rates today.
To check what's happening, Austria are having the same daily death rates today as they were getting in January - before any vaccines were administered.

To put it in a UK related analogy, we were having 1,233 deaths last January, that's the same rate they are up to now today, not surprising that they are having a lockdown and enforcing vaccines.

Not entirely sure that words like 'extremism' are appropriate.

No one is going to tie anyone to a bed and ram needles into them while they are screaming, so can we have a bit of common sense please.

The worst thing that can happen is someone will need to look for another job or maybe pay a fine, or maybe have a vaccine like all their relatives

Back