Backing up h.2s

Shiv

TK Veteran
Hi

i think I'm happy with the way my h.2s is set up now and wish to back everything up Incase It ever messed up....can anyone reply back on how to back it up to usb as I keep getting message "no usb-device found for full backup"

thanks

What do you have in the back port? If it's a USB for recording and that's the one you want to back up onto, then you need to choose HDD not USB.

No, when you install a USB for recordings the box mounts it and recognises it as a drive.

---------- Post Merged at 07:28 PM ----------

Do you have a USB in the back permanently, or are you only now inserting one to do a backup?

No, when you install a USB for recordings the box mounts it and recognises it as a drive.

Do you have a USB in the back permanently, or are you only now inserting one to do a backup?[/QUOTE

ive had the usb in the back port permanently.

Do you have a USB in the back permanently, or are you only now inserting one to do a backup?[/QUOTE

ive had the usb in the back port permanently.

Remove the usb in the back then insert the sub you want to save your backup to. Then try the back up again.

image.jpgFrom the the screenshot have I backed up my image along with settings of my box??

Last edited:
It looks like you've backed up the settings only. There should be an option for full backup? That's the one you want.

It looks like you've backed up the settings only. There should be an option for full backup? That's the one you want

image.jpg

Get the following message when trying for a full back up...do I have FTP or make a file from laptop and put on the usb called "backupstick or backupstick.txt" before I can do I full image back up?

When I do a full backup I have my USB stick in the front port and select HDD. If I select USB it wont work and gives me that message.

Try Selecting HDD, it will either work or wont. It won't break anything.

If I got a 2nd h.2s box with openatv on it, could I just restore those backup settings in the above pic and it would pretty much be an identical set up to my 1st box?

I did a full back up today to hdd but I'm having trouble finding where it actually is via the box....someone did suggest to pop the USB into the laptop and check if the full back up is there but it's a mission to get my laptop and it's mega slow. On openvix I was able to navigate and see my back ups but I can't seem to find it on openatv, can you help any further please?

Back