Backing up h.2s

isnt there an imagemanager or restore on openatv (sorry ive only used vix image manager) it should show there if not see if you can press a button for location and navigate to media/hdd you should be able to find it from there when you get your laptop running ftp to media/hdd and download it from there

Done a back up to hdd... How can navigate via the remote to check the back up is there now?

Transfer of the backup from HDD (plug at the back) to USB plugged at the front:

File list on remote > Location (yellow button) > Sellect your HDD name. This takes you to /media/hdd/ - this should contain two backups: Fullbackup ........ and Zgemma. Select any and click on Move (green button) and select your USB as location to store it.

You can also assess the file through FTP - /media/hdd/

To use this as a flash for another box, format your USB to fat32 and copy just the Zgemma folder unto the USB. Power off the Zgemma unit. Insert the USB (think front or back will do) and power on.

Last edited:
Done a back up to hdd... How can navigate via the remote to check the back up is there now?

Transfer of the backup from HDD (plug at the back) to USB plugged at the front:

File list on remote > Location (yellow button) > Sellect your HDD name. This takes you to /media/hdd/ - this should contain two backups: Fullbackup ........ and Zgemma. Select any and click on Move (green button) and select your USB as location to store it.

You can also assess the file through FTP - /media/hdd/

Do use this as a flash for another box, format your USB to fat32 and copy just the Zgemma folder unto the USB. Power off the Zgemma unit. Insert the USB (think front of back will do) and power on.

thanks for that.

So if I just move the full backup file to USB and then flash a 2nd box and it will be all set up, just would need a line?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 26
Just to add, when you do a full backup your line details are included, so if you want to put the image on another box which will use a new line, you need to remove your line first and then do the backup.

image.jpg

Got the the followaimg message when trying to move the back up to USB....which I guess means it's already on the USB ?

Try to ftp to media/hdd see if you can see it you don't even need a laptop in your phone browser type ftp://your does ip you can't transfer files but you can view them

It should be I'm not familiar with openatv and my backups stored on hard drive shut down the box remove usb power on and see if it's still showing the same location

The full image backup will be in the, you guessed it, the "fullbackup_zgemmah2s" folder. The other "backup" folder will be just the settings which you backed up previously.

Got the the followaimg message when trying to move the back up to USB....which I guess means it's already on the USB ?

The names HDD, USB and MMC are just mountable options in Zgemma. One can mount a physical hard drive as HDD or USB or mount a physical USB as HDD. In this case it seems your USB and harddrive are both mounted as HDD.

You can check what is what from: Menu > Info Panel > Plugin > Mount Manager

Last edited:

The names HDD, USB and MMC are just mountable options in Zgemma. One can mount a physical hard drive as HDD or USB or mount a physical USB as HDD. In this case it seems your USB and harddrive are both mounted as HDD.

You can check what is what from: Menu > Info Panel > Plugin > Mount Manager

as you said it seems my USB and harddrive both have been mounted as HDd....could cause any problems or malfunctions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 22
Bot cant be simultaneously mounted as the same thing at the same time but could have been both at different times.

It should not really cause any problem other than inconvenience. If your USB was first mounted as HDD before the physical harddrive, you will realise that it will displace your physical harddrive from HDD whenever you plug the USB. The box tends to remember how a drive was previously mounted.

Back