best device for IPTV

anykey

Ok I hope I have this in the right section, so sorry mods if I don't. After having various devices over the years and been what a little tech savvy I am looking to now get an IPTV sub for an older relative. Its has to be simple to use with a traditional type remote. So with that in mind would a mag box be better than an android box? Its has to be simple to use for this relative, turn it and away they go.

Any advice is appreciated. I know nothing about mag boxes.

Cheers

the firestick remote is very basic but my nephew just uses his TV remote to control his, can't remember how exactly but it's quite simple to do

Apparently, it's just a matter of assigning HDMI devices to be controlled by the TV remote, this vid shows you how:

Last edited:
Its all down to personal choice mag boxes are easy and are excellent for iptv, z7+ are good also but I find that the mag box refreshes streams a lot faster than the 7+ where it can take longer and you get loading on the screen for a few seconds longer, but new update for mytvonline app on the formuler 7+ seems better when I was testing over the weekend.

STB-emu app on a firestick or android box emulates a mag box and is cheaper than buying a mag box. Is easy to use

Howdy, I got a test with said IPTV STB-emu app on a fire TV box and it was disaster. Couldn't get half the functionality of the app to work, would that be a case of bad supplier or I made a pigs ear of it installing it? I do really like the look of that app, but its nearly paralysis by analysis trying to figure out whats the best setup. I looking for a really good IPTV App that responds well to the remote control. Which Android box do I go for or is it the case of which IPTV app? Or am going about this the wrong way and should be looking at a MAG box. Apologies lads if these questions sound like amateur hour, I'm learning this as I go along. I have a few server suppliers earmarked that look really good now I just need to get my own shit sorted and decide on a setup.

Howdy, I got a test with said IPTV STB-emu app on a fire TV box and it was disaster. Couldn't get half the functionality of the app to work, would that be a case of bad supplier or I made a pigs ear of it installing it? I do really like the look of that app, but its nearly paralysis by analysis trying to figure out whats the best setup. I looking for a really good IPTV App that responds well to the remote control. Which Android box do I go for or is it the case of which IPTV app? Or am going about this the wrong way and should be looking at a MAG box. Apologies lads if these questions sound like amateur hour, I'm learning this as I go along. I have a few server suppliers earmarked that look really good now I just need to get my own shit sorted and decide on a setup.
Sounds like bad supplier to me. Do you have good internet speed?

I'm getting about 20megs a second. Pretty poor know, but I'm a few miles outside a town in the country in ireland. No sign of fibre yet.

20 meg is fine. STB-emu works great on firebox. Must be provider issue. Get a few tests to compare to see what works best for you

Best devices for IPTV :

Roku.
Chromecast.
MAG 250/254. ...
Nvidia Shield Android TV. ...
Amazon Fire TV. ...
Apple TV
Andriod Devices

Cheers lads. So I tested STB on fire box and was delighted with it. Really smooth and responsive. I get the reason why mag boxes are so popular if the emulator is anything to go by. So I know now what I have to do. Thanks to all who posted and offered advice.

By far the best device is a vu box imo. Everything from the set up, speed etc, what you can do with them is a different quality to anything else I’ve witnessed. If anyone want to see a vid of it working, give me a shout

I agree vu are top.notch.. mag 322 runs iptv perfect. very smooth. I like z7+
record.timshift ease of use. Z7+ once the EPG is addressed again I think a great box under £100.00

Last edited:
I agree vu are top.notch.. mag 322 runs iptv perfect. very smooth. I like z7+
record.timshift ease of use. fz+ once the EPG is addressed again I think a great box under £100.00
100% m8 the z7+ box is very good with iptv and kodi

Back