Best router as I have hub 3

I don't know how the tivo boxes work, if they use the router or if they operate on the tv connection. If they use the router, have the ip addresses changed?
They use the router I’m sure I read somewhere about sub net and somewhere else Sid but we changed Sid n password so can’t be that I don’t no if IP address changed as I’m not sure what it was before would I be able to see that??

They use the router I’m sure I read somewhere about sub net and somewhere else Sid but we changed Sid n password so can’t be that I don’t no if IP address changed as I’m not sure what it was before would I be able to see that??
I've not had a virgin box for years so can't say where you may find the info or how it is done,

I know this is a few mnth old but just need a tip or 2. Wi fi is fine in house except for spare room which has my pc which i use for poker,the speed is between 30 and 38 (my speed should be 100mb) which is normally fine but sometimes it becomes very laggy,which is no good when playing poker. I used to have vm hub upstairs but connections in living room would drop off presume its the wood floor ontop of the chipboard base. So could i just get a 2pk of these tp link mesh sets,connect one to vm hub (put in modem mode) and other in spare room.
Ps: i have home plugs but presume not on same ring wiring as downstairs as make no diff to dl speeds..

I purchased a set of Deco’s as my firestick in the bedroom kept dropping connection, the decos worked a treat for me although my house is a newer build and the floors are as thin as cardboard. If you think the floor may be an issue it might be worth paying a bit extra for a 3 pack then you could have one connected to the router, 1 in the spare bedroom and one half way in between.

I purchased a set of Deco’s as my firestick in the bedroom kept dropping connection, the decos worked a treat for me although my house is a newer build and the floors are as thin as cardboard. If you think the floor may be an issue it might be worth paying a bit extra for a 3 pack then you could have one connected to the router, 1 in the spare bedroom and one half way in between.
I presume its the floor as im directly above vm hub,son has wifi on pc in his room and its between 70 and 80 mb and his signal has to travel through floor and an extra wall.

I presume its the floor as im directly above vm hub,son has wifi on pc in his room and its between 70 and 80 mb and his signal has to travel through floor and an extra wall.
believe me mesh system is the way to go even with virmin media 200 connection my cheap samsung a 10 phone i could only get about 14 on speedtest
even when I connected the first Deco M4 downstairs my wifi download speed test was faster but when I took second M4 Deco upstairs and tried my phone download speed almost tripled was getting 42, plus with other deco upstairs I could connect switch to one of the deco's ethernet posts

believe me mesh system is the way to go even with virmin media 200 connection my cheap samsung a 10 phone i could only get about 14 on speedtest
even when I connected the first Deco M4 downstairs my wifi download speed test was faster but when I took second M4 Deco upstairs and tried my phone download speed almost tripled was getting 42, plus with other deco upstairs I could connect switch to one of the deco's ethernet posts

The ethernet ports used on your deco once connected to the device does it give you close to full speeds if acting as a wired connection?

The ethernet ports used on your deco once connected to the device does it give you close to full speeds if acting as a wired connection?
I get around 185 Mbit/s on the gigablue (with no VPN) connected to 5 port switch upstairs from the second deco I also have smart tv ethernet connected to the switch this is on 200 Mbit/s VM package. And there is also Desktop pc connected downstairs to switch from first deco.

I have a RT-AC68U AC1900 comming I hope I can connect it to the vm router then the deco i want to try the vpn via the RT-AC68U AC1900 rather than via vpnmanager with which i only get between 25-35 on the gigablue.

Last edited:
I had looked at that 2 p
I had looked at that 2pk on amazon wrong the price was right £69.99 but was the E4 which was only 1/3 speed,so ended up buying the S4 3pk for £99.99

I had looked at that 2 p

I had looked at that 2pk on amazon wrong the price was right £69.99 but was the E4 which was only 1/3 speed,so ended up buying the S4 3pk for £99.99
I got mines from argos at the time they were £89.99 now £71.99 Amazon can be bad when searching it throws up tons of garbage hardly related to your original search.

As waiting for delivery is the ssid the one above password starting with VM on the pull out sticker on router ?
Its that long since i even looked at my vm router but even on bottom of router it has sticker with vm router name i,e. ssid and password.
If you have changed login details then just use the ones you normally use to login into via your phone or any other wireless devices. But just make sure you take note of them before you switch VM router to Modem mode.

Personally I would switch vm router to modem mode it will reboot but once it has booted up and you get Magenta light then that is ok.
I would then power it off and connect Deco to it then power on.

Cheers,will do it in morning,son in from work and there will be hell to pay if he has no internet :)
You will be fine just make sure you connect only one deco at a time first one to router ( ie in Modem mode) them put other deco in room of choice mines was upstairs then you connect to other deco not to your vm ssid it has already been assigned by first deco.

All set up, the pc has doubled its so everythink ok so far. 2 questions with this mesh,the deco im using upstairs is constantly blinking blue,(in set up it says blinking blue is setting up) the one i have connected to vm hub is a solid light. So not sure if second is supposed to be solid or flashing. Also noticed there is an android device connected and its not my phone as that is listed, i used the same ssid for vm hub as grog suggested so surely nobody can piggy back ?

All set up, the pc has doubled its so everythink ok so far. 2 questions with this mesh,the deco im using upstairs is constantly blinking blue,(in set up it says blinking blue is setting up) the one i have connected to vm hub is a solid light. So not sure if second is supposed to be solid or flashing. Also noticed there is an android device connected and its not my phone as that is listed, i used the same ssid for vm hub as grog suggested so surely nobody can piggy back ?
All good now i hadnt connected 2nd unit properly,im now getting slightly over my download speed, should be 100 after a few tests from diff sources getting between 103 and 108 mb... so ty for people who helped and espesh to the genious grog and his ssid suggestion. :)

I am using a huawei b525 nice and cheap, runs vpn with minimal speed loss and takes a sim card for fall back 4g broadband when VM goes down

Using RT-AC86U from Asus with over 100 clients connected (for work).

Rock solid and the QoS features make even the slowest internet connection feel snappy.

Back