Best SD Card!

On the hunt for a new SD card on which i intend to download around 2/3000 music videos in 720p plus 300/400 films.

What would you guys recommend, ideally something that won’t corrupt and will have good transfer speeds?

I think 1tb is the biggest Micro SD Card at the minute, I might add that they are not cheap!

Pricey. I paid £30 for a 480GB Sandisk MicroSD from Amazon a Month back.

View attachment 66045

Can you get SD cards that big? Films are about 700mb each aren't they?

Back in the day. I think the sweet spot for a DVDRip was about this size. There was a guy called aXXo back in the day who's all DVDRips were around 700MB. I think that a CD-R was around 700MB so was ideal you didn't even need DVD-R. If you want true Remux rips which is what's taken straight of the actual blu-ray with zero encoding. You're looking at 50GB+ per Film lol

That aXXo actually has a Wiki for anyone interested lol. I'm sure many of you have downloaded his rips before lol. aXXo - Wikipedia

'A download-tracking firm BigChampagne found — in a sampling period in late 2008 — that almost 33.5% of all movie downloads were aXXo torrents.[3] aXXo encoded files to approximately 700 MB – the same size for a compact disc'

Back in the day. I think the sweet spot for a DVDRip was about this size. There was a guy called aXXo back in the day who's all DVDRips were around 700MB. I think that a CD-R was around 700MB so was ideal you didn't even need DVD-R. If you want true Remux rips which is what's taken straight of the actual blu-ray with zero encoding. You're looking at 50GB+ per Film lol

That aXXo actually has a Wiki for anyone interested lol. I'm sure many of you have downloaded his rips before lol. aXXo - Wikipedia

'A download-tracking firm BigChampagne found — in a sampling period in late 2008 — that almost 33.5% of all movie downloads were aXXo torrents.[3] aXXo encoded files to approximately 700 MB – the same size for a compact disc'

Oh the good all days you talking about. DVD rips were the ones back then all before bluray lol.

No one can forget aXXo proper legend of the scene and badly missed. Used to wait for his releases eagerly back in the day lol. Cartman is another one also of HD rips years ago.

Your right about remux files which are so huge. Pure untouched are silly file sizes but mkv remux are somewhat smaller around 25gb-35gb usually lol

Oh the good all days you talking about. DVD rips were the ones back then all before bluray lol.

No one can forget aXXo proper legend of the scene and badly missed. Used to wait for his releases eagerly back in the day lol. Cartman is another one also of HD rips years ago.

Your right about remux files which are so huge. Pure untouched are silly file sizes but mkv remux are somewhat smaller around 25gb-35gb usually lol

Did aXXo die? I swear I vaguely remember hearing reports he past?

That's crazy man! What a legend he was. Literally everything was aXXo. I remember when something got released i'd wait for a aXXo rip!

Same mate. Back then aXXo was the only real uploader during the DVD rip era and burning them on CD-R disks were the way lol.

He was the pioneer originally and guys like cardman (another legend) followed on from him.

On the hunt for a new SD card on which i intend to download around 2/3000 music videos in 720p plus 300/400 films.

What would you guys recommend, ideally something that won’t corrupt and will have good transfer speeds?
You might be better with a portable hard drive, got a 2tb Toshiba last year for about £65

AxxO and his work, we're genius, the 700mb files we're perfect.. AxxO, was definitely in the business. Then left..

For the time AXXOs downloads were great they were usually xvid files. But if you watch one now the quality is just OK but nothing like the quality of files nowadays but that's progress.

Ye exactly mate.

For that time when blu rays werent around or much demand for them the dvd rips then were great quality and highly sought after on the scene especially his releases.

Of course with time progression happens and now those same file sizes quality wise are not the same with blu Ray rips existing.

But no one can ever underestimate what aXXo brought to the scene and how he pushed the scene forward to never look back again.

Back