Black screen

Simmo87

I bought my zgemma h2s box from clear technology was zgemma sales. The hdmi port stopped working after 2 months, I carried on using it through the scart connection.

Now when I turn the box on the scart connection and hdmi both don't give an output. The clock no longer comes on. The only thing that appears to be doing anything is the USB port as the hard drive powers up. I have tried different power supplies, hdmi/scart cables different TVs nothing works.

I contacted clear technology they said it will be a software issue not hardware and I need to flash the box and asked if I have considered iptv. When I asked them how to flash the box I have had no response.

I was hoping somebody could help me out on here. If I do flash the box will I loose the gift that allows access to premium channels?

Google ipab get the right version for your box, extract the Zgemma folder to a USB pen, restart box with pen in back or front port, should flash automatically

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

... yes you will lose your so called "gift" so you will need the details to FTP back to box if you can get it to work

you can copy your 'gift', hereafter known as 'line' by using ftp to have a look inside the box.

it will be in folder usr/keys and will either be in CCcam,cfg or Newcamd.list, copy it or both to your pc before you flash then copy them back afterwards

you can copy your 'gift', hereafter known as 'line' by using ftp to have a look inside the box.

it will be in folder usr/keys and will either be in CCcam,cfg or Newcamd.list, copy it or both to your pc before you flash then copy them back afterwards

Thanks for the reply. Ok but the Ethernet port on the box doesn't appear to be working either so I won't be able to ftp the box

Flash it for the hell of it , seems to have too many issues to be software related, but you might get lucky

If its less than 12 months old you can send it back for a replacement or refund its your rights :(y):

He may have a slim chance then, but the box doesn't sound in the best of health, no hdmi or scart output, ethernet input or clock....I assume by 'clock' he means display, I don't know how he'd know whether it was even flashing in this case

How long have you got it, here in Ireland we have a small claims court, if under warranty threthen them with it, (if in UK I presume there is something similar)

How long have you got it, here in Ireland we have a small claims court, if under warranty threthen them with it, (if in UK I presume there is something similar)

I have had it since November, I am going to give the supplier a few more days to reply. If they don't then I may try other methods to get it sorted. Tried re-flashing didn't work.

Is the hard drive powered by the USB port or does it have a separate supply ? The USB port can only supply 500mA which is fine for a running drive, but the supply needed to spin up a drive can exceed 800mA. Your drive may have put a strain on the USB supply over time killing your box.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back