WooshBuild Blue screen crash on initialising USB temporary fix

makido

VIP Member
Just to let you all know that woosh as fixed the problem with ABM which was stopping infinity completing on a reflash
All new installs should go through as normal now

The softcams needed have also been added during setup.
So no more installing the ipk manually

The USB Cam Importer is yet to be fixed, so you will still have to add your lines via ftp for now

Last edited:
It seems there is a problem with initalising your USB now during the infinity setup. So until it is fixed again try this

For those that already have a USB initalised that as been used in a box before can just select NO where it asks to initialise

For those that haven't had a USB initalised by a box

Run the infinity command as normal
At the start of the infinity setup page press the red button (exit) then the exit button again twice

Now initialise your USB device
Blue button > harddisk > initalisation > select your USB device > red to initalise
Answer yes to `Do you really want to initialise`

Then reboot your box, You should now be returned to the Infinity setup page where you can select NO on initalising and carry on as normal

For those that need a swap file
Red button > plugins > swap manager > green button (create) > select your usb > select 256
Then red to activate and yellow to autostart

Hi, Ive tried today to apply build and the problem you outline happened cannot initialise disk.

I have tried to follow your instructions to get round the issue, however without success.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

What happens if you are trying to update to the latest openatv on whooshbuild, but you would like to keep your settings and you want to keep your recordings on your device, I reflashed a few boxes a couple of days ago and just ended up leaving whooshbuild infinity and just running openatv.

Hi, Ive tried today to apply build and the problem you outline happened cannot initialise disk.

I have tried to follow your instructions to get round the issue, however without success.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Where are you getting stuck?
Go through the video wizard, then through the tuner setup. Through the network wizard
Then you will get to the infinity setup page, this is where you press the red button to exit the infinity setup for now
Follow what it says above to initialise your USB once done reboot your box

What happens if you are trying to update to the latest openatv on whooshbuild, but you would like to keep your settings and you want to keep your recordings on your device, I reflashed a few boxes a couple of days ago and just ended up leaving whooshbuild infinity and just running openatv.
Maybe it was when there was trouble with autobouquetsmaker, and other stuff but I have just done a reflash and restored settings through WB Config and that went all ok

Where are you getting stuck?
Go through the video wizard, then through the tuner setup. Through the network wizard
Then you will get to the infinity setup page, this is where you press the red button to exit the infinity setup for now
Follow what it says above to initialise your USB once done reboot your box

Maybe it was when there was trouble with autobouquetsmaker, and other stuff but I have just done a reflash and restored settings through WB Config and that went all ok

Thanks mate that worked. I was doing the sequence wrong.

First time ive had a crack at this would i need to make a swap file on a zgemma H1 ?

Yes mate exactly what was happening to me.

Read through this thread carefully and follow instructions and you will get it going .
Its allowing me to initialise the usb and pass tuner settings then when I choose a skin it crashes every time. Have tried both the methods above but to no joy

Its allowing me to initialise the usb and pass tuner settings then when I choose a skin it crashes every time. Have tried both the methods above but to no joy
What skin have you selected try selecting metrix skin then if that, works download the skin you want once box is setup

Hi all. My first post an first crack at doing flashing/installing
I have the zgemma H9s. Flashed latest openatv build. Then when box rebooted and setup screen came on I went to the terminal and installed wooshbuild infinity. Waited till reboot then went through the setup. At the end did the initialise usb. Selected skin (have tried all As got same problem) then clicked finished and I get a blue screen error each time. Here is a picture of the error.
have to say is getting annoying I can’t get it to work and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 41E08BAE-E7BD-4DED-B36A-A86583324161.jpeg
    41E08BAE-E7BD-4DED-B36A-A86583324161.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 20
When I tried Infinity last week it allowed everything up to select a skin, I tried every skin and it crashed at the point of trying to go to boot!! I was waiting for the announcement of fixed now!! before having another go. I don't think it is a user problem or box problem as I flashed to openvix hoping to install openatv Woosh/Infinity later!!

I dont know what the problem is with the crashing after selecting skin, but I have just flashed 3 times without problems
I selected a different skin each time. Sky New, sky wb and the metrix. This was Using an h2s

Back