Bricked it

Hi. Can anyone help me get a bricked h9s back up and running? Tried to flash with the latest open pli, I boobed and pulled out the stick thinking it was not flashing. I can’t really find much online.
Thanks

Use openatv from nightly images, use formatted usb and it will be fine
Hi, thank you for the prompt reply. I made a mistake, it was openatv I was trying to flash with as it kept crashing on 6.2. It won’t go into flash mode anymore, the only light is the front light solid white, no ethernet lights or anything in the box.

Format usb FAT32 and add flash files
Power box off
Put usb in and power on and keep finger on standby button at same time until it says FLASH on front display

You hold down reset button on the back with the usb stick in it, then you power it up holding down the reset button till the light starts flashing red. The light will not change from white now, the box is dead apart from the white A.

I tried it with a few different sticks, i am sure it’s bricked. I am not sure if jtag is the only way to do it, if so can anyone help?

Have you formatted [ low format ] the stick first m8, keep it under 4gb, as zgemma boxes seems to be shit when it comes to reading usb sticks

Have you formatted [ low format ] the stick first m8, keep it under 4gb, as zgemma boxes seems to be shit when it comes to reading usb sticks
It’s a 4gb stick I use, it works in all the Zgemma’s I do. It was working with the h9s till I pulled it out.

It’s a 4gb stick I use, it works in all the Zgemma’s I do. It was working with the h9s till I pulled it out.

I had a 2gb stick that i flashed 3 boxes with, i kept the image on the stick, and 1 day about 6 months later, one of the 3 boxes that i had flashed with the stick went down, so i took the usb stick down to reflash that box, and it would look at the usb stick, I had to reformat the stick, put the image back on it, and only then did it see the usb stick, so, persevere m8

You hold down reset button on the back with the usb stick in it, then you power it up holding down the reset button till the light starts flashing red. The light will not change from white now, the box is dead apart from the white A.
power it off with large white button
put usb in and power it on with large white button
At the same time as you power on, keep one finger on the reset button

if it doesn't flash, use a different power supply

power it off with large white button
put usb in and power it on with large white button
At the same time as you power on, keep one finger on the reset button

if it doesn't flash, use a different power supply
Thank you for the reply. I got another power supply, tried lots of different usb sticks and bingo. Thank you for your help.

Back