Cable channels pixelatng

It's different for different routers / providers - I think Google is your best bet for this one.

You've got a good splitter, good cables, in the unlikely event the splitter is faulty you could replace it with either of the ones I mentioned and see how it goes.

Your power levels may need looking at though so check router settings for this - what router do you have?

RX Power should be between -6 and -10 so they're within range, RxMER should be around 37-38 so that's in range and for upstream, Tx Power should be between +23-54 so that's within range too so they all seem good.

You could try another cable from wall to splitter so they're all the same type... try and get the shortest length possible that you need to do the job.

Try changing that splitter too for the sake of a few quid.

What area are you - wondering if someone lives local who could maybe try their cable box at your house.

It's just going to be a process of elimination - never having a tv sub wont make no difference as it's the equipment that's activated - the cable wire is always live, especially if you have another service with them like you do.

Yeh hope so. If that doesn't work I will probs get a decent iptv. Got one at the min that seems ok. Have other peeps not been able to get it working without pixelating?

Yes for various reasons - sometimes it's a network id issue but as yours works fine plugged directly into the box, that rules that out - sometimes it's a faulty tuner but again you've ruled that out as a direct feed to the box works fine. Most of the time it's because people use poor splitters and cable but this isn't the case with you at the moment... hopefully a replacement splitter sorts it out - if it's an old one it could have got damp maybe at some point - worth a try for sure.

what others had to do is put hub into modem mode and add a better router for wifi

try it on modem mode and presume wifi is for laptop only?

superhubs have had issues before a google search might show what to try,when you said using laptop while viewing is effecting bandwidth.

its all about checking all sources to eliminate problems.

Back