Cable channels pixelatng

Anths79

Hey guys.

I have just got a mutant hd51 4k so I thought I would try out cable with it as all the sly chans have nearly gone.
I have vermin broadband and have one cable coming out of a white box on the inside of my house going to my router. So I thought brilliant all I have to do is split cable and badabing all will work.
My problem is when using a splitter the channels are pixelating even on fta chans. I am using a tratec splitter with the 3.7db and 4db outputs on.

I have tried just the original cable in the back of the reciever and that works fine so I am assuming it could be my cables or the splitter so I have ordered wf100 cable, and may try another splitter as the one I have is a used one I got off a friend which did come with rg6 cable.

Anything else guys or am I not gonna get this to work properly as I have only ever had broadband at my house not tv.

Thanks guys

Yeh splitter is 5-1000mhz. I did try a 5-2450mhz but that was even worse. Is there anything I am missing? or is it just down to cable or maybe splitter as I am not sure how old it is.

Do you have a picture of the 2 cables you used to connect splitter to router and zgemma

Yeh thought so. I have some wf100 on the way. Found a link somewhere on the forum for them on fleabay with f connectors.

Yes that's a good splitter - they don't usually fail but you could try a replacement. There's no other splitters on the feed is there? ... check what's inside the white box on the wall - should be a single isolater inside of it and in the brown box outside it should just have a single f to f adapter joining the cables unless you have it in another room.

And you say it works fine when the feed is connected straight to the box?

Yeh both boxes as you described. Yeh works fine without internet connected. I did try downloading a file on Internet when tv was on and it was going mad with pixelation. I may try another splitter would that make a difference?

Changing the splitter may make a difference but those splitters are genuine VM equipment - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technetix...705940?hash=item4b19947154:g:6yMAAOSwZKBZGIDZ

I have used several of the Labgear 5-2400 ones from Screwfix too though and they have been fine.

Check what it's like inside the white box inside and brown box outside - some pictures wouldn't go amiss.

You could check your power levels on the router with / without the Mutant box.

Can't see it being a net id issue if it works fine without the router plugged into it.

Does my snr and Agc seem ok? How do I check power level in router? White box in house just has a splitter type thing in I assume it is the surge protector thing, 1 connection in 1 out. Outside brown box is just f to f connector.

Back