Cable interference to my satellite only channels

Yeah should be fine they're a good make ... Technetix are the splitters that VM fit as standard though and i've never seen them fit a 5-1218mhz one before so it's a strange combo and strange how it's been set up too instead of the 1 in 1 out in a box on the wall.

That's the splitter I purchased from eBay. Well I didn't intend to buy that one as the one advertised was 5-1000MHz
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Way-Spl...ctor-free-shipping-/252623516218?roken=cUgayN

Vermin installed the isolator. The guides I've read mentioned to remove the isolator and place the splitter in it's place.
The reason I had the isolator after the splitter was to stop the channels from being distorted, somehow this works?? No idea how or why. (Link to comment)

Actually, i'd avoid that one on Amazon - it looks like a rebranded cheapo one ... you can pick up proper Lab Gear splitters from Screwfix > http://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-2-way-splitter-with-power-pass-all-ports/99105

Wow thanks you saved me there from buying a rebranded one, quick question as the picture indicates its 5-24500MHz, I'm guessing it's not suitable either?

The one in Screwfix is 5-2400mhz and I've fitted a few of them without problems ... not familiar with the Technetix 5-1218 ones you have fitted - never seen one fitted either.

The one in Screwfix is 5-2400mhz and I've fitted a few of them without problems ... not familiar with the Technetix 5-1218 ones you have fitted - never seen one fitted either.

I'll pop in to my local screwfix and pick one up.

i keep telling everybody a 5 - 2450mhz allows interference above vm range of 5 - 1000 mhz

Does this mean the one being recommended by ste is going to have some sort of interference?

*I will still be picking up a technetix 5-1000MHz, when they're available again, just need something in the mean time.

i see wos are selling netgear 2 and 4 way coaxial splitters 5-1000mhz and i wonder who has tried them?
some have used 5-2450 without issues,but i like to avoid issues and do it right first time.
all my setups are protected by green power home theatremonster-hdp-750g-powercenter-netfilter.jpg

all cables sat/coaxial and lan protection in use and clean power supply as in no spikes.

Isolater is needed before the splitter.
Change the cable with gold fitting on to a decent copper core WF100 cable.
Your problems should be solved.

Isolater is needed before the splitter.
Change the cable with gold fitting on to a decent copper core WF100 cable.
Your problems should be solved.

This is the 3rd/4th replacement cable, it's a RG6 cable.
The other cables I own: one was supplied to me by Vermin. I bought this one and a different 1m cable which came with the splitter. They all have the same issue.

However I'll pick up a wf100 after I've tried the splitter.

If that's the kit you bought with that splitter? if so, the splitter in the picture is 5-100mhz so i'd get in touch with them. Are you using a 10m cable? that may give a bit of signal loss.

This is the 3rd/4th replacement cable, it's a RG6 cable.
The other cables I own: one was supplied to me by Vermin. I bought this one and a different 1m cable which came with the splitter. They all have the same issue.

However I'll pick up a wf100 after I've tried the splitter.
That cable with the gold fitting on is rubbish, I've seen this problem many many times, people buying gold plated cables form Amazon at silly money only to find out that a VM cable will do the job 100 times better.

Correct cable will sort out your issues

Buy WF100 and a few connections and make the cable up your self. Don't bother with premade up cables as they can be steel copper clad which is rubbish.

If you can verify the correct cable from auction sites then feel free to buy them.

Personally I would make my own and know you have the correct cables.

If that's the kit you bought with that splitter? if so, the splitter in the picture is 5-100mhz so i'd get in touch with them. Are you using a 10m cable? that may give a bit of signal loss.

Why would this affect my satellite channels though? I'm not getting any issues with cable channels or my broadband.

That cable with the gold fitting on is rubbish, I've seen this problem many many times, people buying gold plated cables form Amazon at silly money only to find out that a VM cable will do the job 100 times better.

Correct cable will sort out your issues

Buy WF100 and a few connections and make the cable up your self. Don't bother with premade up cables as they can be steel copper clad which is rubbish.

If you can verify the correct cable from auction sites then feel free to buy them.

Personally I would make my own and know you have the correct cables.

Please can you recommend one?

Last edited:
just a thought could box be checked in a different location like a m8s and see if issues there?

Everyone I know has satellite :(. I should mention my original box was replaced, as I thought it was the box at first. WoS said they couldn't find any issues with the original box but sent a replacement (Took photos of manufacturers code etc to make sure :P)

I'm not encountering any issues at the moment. But that's because of this suppose fix.

Haha I was just this second about to post the link to it for you - that is the one you need :)

I've used these without the 1 in 1 out but people seem to fit the 1 in 1 out regardless even though we still don't have an answer so once you've ready, remove that 2 way splitter and replace it with the 1 way then use a short piece of cable from the 1 way into the 2 way then 1 wire from the 2 way into the router then 1 into the technomate.

Back