Cable set up

maclee

Need basic help setting up a new cable tuner for my VU duo2.
What files and bouquets do I need and wer do I enter netid as I can't find where to enter it
I m running 2 sat tuners on it but cable side I'm new.
Cheers

I'll assume you actually own a DVB-C compatible tuner.
• First make sure you have VM BB/TV or a active VM cable.
• If so, good. Get a F-Type to Coax adapter and attach it to the end of your VM cable.
• Hook it up to your DVB-C tuner.
• Once hooked up, head over to Menu -> System -> Service Searching -> Tuner Configuration
• Click on your DVB-C tuner in the list
• Put tuner type on DVB-C,
configuration mode: enabled
Network ID : (yours)
Used service scan type : Provider
Provider to scan : Virgin Media (6952)
• This will have the tuner set up. Then just go to System -> Service Searching -> AutobouqetsMaker and select "Start Scan"
• Let it scan
Channels should now appear scanned. Let me know if you need EPG help!

Superb pal ill try that wen I get home from work. Tried just before work but didn't get the option to enter net Id

Superb pal ill try that wen I get home from work. Tried just before work but didn't get the option to enter net Id

My little help was based on OpenVIX, I don't think other images are too different, but if they are, I'm sure someone here can help out :)

Where do or how do I get the option to enter net I'd. As in tuner configure I get
Tuner type- DVB C
Config mode -enabled
used service scan type - provider
Provider to scan - brute force uk

Is there anyway of auto switching the cams themselves when switching from sat to cable channels instead of manually swapping cams

Yeah pal. Using a c line for sat and nline for cable. I ll just ask provider to send me nline. So I can put it in same folder as cable. Is that rite

Back