cancelled or soon to be cancelled holidays?

Took call today from Jet 2 regards my mates wedding in Cyprus 8th - 15th this month. They did call me on the 10th, 2 days after I should have arrived. Offered all that everyone else have had. Asked for refund and monies will be paid into account within the next 10-14 days, no problem at all
Still of the firm belief that you need to pay as per payment structure until the holidays paid, only when they contact you regarding them cancelling are the refunds available to you. I have now read that if ABTA certificated then a refund should be offered first before vouchers or alternative dates.
My guess is what worries most of us, will the airline/tour operator survive whilst money is still being paid to the holidays

An Update on my Experience with a Jet 2 holiday that I should now be enjoying 17th April,they phoned me on Wednesday the 15th asking if I wanted a voucher valid till March 2021 or a full refund I told the guy that March is still on the cool side and asked for the refund instead he was polite and didn't push me to take the voucher,he said it would take a few days to finalise and the payment was paid into my account on Sunday19th so all in all quite happy I have another holiday booked with them for September this year but only paid the deposit and will wait and see what the future brings as far as that one is concerned

Got flights and villa booked for end of june /july for Javea, booked flights on jet 2 and the villa through Homeaway, cant see it happening looks like Spain will be a no go till the end of the year at best.
The villa , i have paid the deposit and they want the balance of £1200 on the 28th of this month, no refund policy.
not paying them anything else as it would just be throwning money away at the moment.

My retirement present to
Caron & myself to Monaco F1.
Two years planning, Shell organised the logistics..sadly not this year, @rs500nutter sorry no programme this year..

Got flights and villa booked for end of june /july for Javea, booked flights on jet 2 and the villa through Homeaway, cant see it happening looks like Spain will be a no go till the end of the year at best.
The villa , i have paid the deposit and they want the balance of £1200 on the 28th of this month, no refund policy.
not paying them anything else as it would just be throwning money away at the moment.

Did you ask the owners of that Villa to cancel it for you? You can still get that deposit back minus a small admin fee from Homeaway. I'm doing this myself for any rentals I have once the guest contacts me. Think they're being a bit arsey if they haven't offered you this.....have Homeaway not recommended that you request they cancel for you

Did you ask the owners of that Villa to cancel it for you? You can still get that deposit back minus a small admin fee from Homeaway. I'm doing this myself for any rentals I have once the guest contacts me. Think they're being a bit arsey if they haven't offered you this.....have Homeaway not recommended that you request they cancel for you
have emailed the owner havnt had a reply , in fairness them, could be sick or anything will give it a few days.
homeaway have only cancelled up to a certain date. end of april
To be honest would just say to the owner to re book it for next year if he replied, the villa booking page just has no refunds on the advert for it. i paid the £520 deposit in Novmber before all this began , not sure if the insurance or card would let me claim .

My retirement present to
Caron & myself to Monaco F1.
Two years planning, Shell organised the logistics..sadly not this year, @rs500nutter sorry no programme this year..
Yeah totally gutted for ya mate because it would have been a fantastic time for the both of you thats for sure.
As long as you are both safe and healthy thats all that matters in the current situation and im 100% certain you will get there one day (y)

Yeah totally gutted for ya mate because it would have been a fantastic time for the both of you thats for sure.
As long as you are both safe and healthy thats all that matters in the current situation and im 100% certain you will get there one day (y)

Hello mate
Yeah family safe, lots more important things in life going on than F1.
I am all packed to come home.
Crew & I get chopper off & 12.30pm.
Had loads of hassle trying to arrange transport home.. my boss managed to sort a hire car out. Having proved we have been offshore for 7 weeks..and prove no threat.. Also had to get a travel document. Makes me think what am I coming home too..
Hope your keeping safe.& not working to hard.

Coronavirus: Can I get a holiday refund and what are my travel rights?
Coronavirus has meant most people have had to abandon holiday plans for 2020, whether in the UK or abroad.

People have been advised against non-essential travel and several countries have, in effect, shut their borders.

So what does this mean for holidays booked before the crisis?
Coronavirus: Can I get a holiday refund?

Cancelled the holiday to Turkey today, lost the deposit of £420 was £60 each person
The holiday was nearly 6 grand in total.
No one fancied paying the full amount by 01/06
So thats it gone

Got flights booked for 4k and hotel separate for July..fortunately Emirates allowing 24 months to rebook flights...as for hotel booking.com was non refundable so may go via credit card route to get refund.

I have booked a family holiday in fuerventura where I booked flights with Ryan air and paid hotel direct which saves around £1000 on cutting out the tour operator , the hotel is non refundable but will change date, but I can see Ryan air flying and not give a refund so the problem lies is that you have to self isolate for 14 days and my holiday is only for 11 nights then when you get back its another 14 days self isolation so really the holiday is a no go. is there a way round getting flight money back or do I have to swallow the loss of £1800 to Ryan air

I have booked a family holiday in fuerventura where I booked flights with Ryan air and paid hotel direct which saves around £1000 on cutting out the tour operator , the hotel is non refundable but will change date, but I can see Ryan air flying and not give a refund so the problem lies is that you have to self isolate for 14 days and my holiday is only for 11 nights then when you get back its another 14 days self isolation so really the holiday is a no go. is there a way round getting flight money back or do I have to swallow the loss of £1800 to Ryan air
Wait till the month your are due to depart..ex: june 23rd, at the beginning of the mth of flight
Ryanair will make contact offering you:
Flight vouchers to use within 12mths, & a link to add credits to your booking ref,
If you don’t click the acceptence of the vouchers, i beleive this triggers your request for a refund.. i myself already applied for refund under there flight cancelled agreement as long as your flight is cancelled..hence the xtra mail from Ryanair.. hope this helps
ID

Got flights booked for 4k and hotel separate for July..fortunately Emirates allowing 24 months to rebook flights...as for hotel booking.com was non refundable so may go via credit card route to get refund.

Was supposed to flying with Emirates next week. They’ve said either to keep the ticket for 24 months from the date of booking and to re-book anytime within the 24 months or simply get a refund processed.

Was supposed to flying with Emirates next week. They’ve said either to keep the ticket for 24 months from the date of booking and to re-book anytime within the 24 months or simply get a refund processed.
Take the refund.
The way things are going 90% of airlines will be out of business in the next 6 months

Back