Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ET8500 QUAD TUNER Channel 501 pixelated/breaking up

Harlequin1963

Registered
New to linux pvr's , have used a HUMAX box from day one of freesat.

ET8500 Quad satellite tuners fed from
HUMAX HMS 58 quad input , eight output sat distribution amp.

With both satellite systems on ,
ET8500 , Channel 501 , THE Vault , picture pixelated / choppy , audio choppy

Humax FOXSAT HDR , same channel , no problems.

Humax has channel tuned as 11307 v 27500
ET8500 has channel tuned as 11306 v 27500

If i put Humax in standby , no change to above , the ET8500 still has non functional channel.
EPG info etc is perfectly fine. thevault.jpg

Any ideas why this would happen or what i should do to fix this , not a big problem as seldom watch 'The Vault' but worried it is indicative of a problem starting ?

Harlequin1963

Registered
Partial solution, appears my 3rd tuner was a bit upset so re-connected the cable from switch to input and as of just now , those channels working on tuner C , need to find a way to lock up each tuner one by one on each of the possible channel upper / lower / h / v settings and see if any others don't like a particular freq/polarity.

UPDATE : 15.45 Had to re-image the box as it keeps locking up with the spinning busy icon , will leave all addons alone until i can get this thing stable for more than 24 hours.

UPDATE: as of Sunday 8th April the ET8500 is under RMA as now the lcd has failed completely ..... think they built this one on a Friday after a night in the pub on Thursday.

Last edited: