Convert CCTV Camera from Battery to Mains using original Charger

Evening,

I have been installing cctv, namely Lorex brand.
The cameras run of rechargeable 18650 batteries and i would like to know if i can with some help, convert to using the original charging plug to keep constant power to one of the cameras.
Reason being, due to location of one camera, there is alot of traffic, camera activates on motion, records for 30 seconds and shuts off, and battery pack is dead in less than a week.
I have tested a spare pack with removed batteries and used spare camera, plugged the empty battery pack into the camera, then plug in the micro usb plug lead direct to mains to slot on power pack, camera does turn on, as the leds light up.
When i come pairing, the unit will not see camera at all.
Soon as i plug a pack with batteries into the camera and unplug mains power cable, the unit pairs the camera no issues.
From pictures i provide of pack without batteries, can anyone help me, if i can use charging cable plug direct to usb port on battery pack, therefore i can have constant power to camera and it records when motion is detected.
Best wishes
Pete

20180518_081513.jpg 20180518_081051.jpg 20180518_081101.jpg 20180518_081256.jpg 20180518_081306.jpg 20180518_081413.jpg 20180518_081453.jpg

Drill small hole in bottom of the battery pack then solder on the positive and negative side of the rechargable battery pack from a 4.2v dc charger. If you have a long run from the mains plug to the battery pack then get a 5v charger to allow for a bit of voltage drop. This will give direct power to the unit with the battery pack maintaining power but not using the usb charger. Please make sure the charger is for rechargable batteries.

Drill small hole in bottom of the battery pack then solder on the positive and negative side of the rechargable battery pack from a 4.2v dc charger. If you have a long run from the mains plug to the battery pack then get a 5v charger to allow for a bit of voltage drop. This will give direct power to the unit with the battery pack maintaining power but not using the usb charger. Please make sure the charger is for rechargable batteries.

Thanks for replying Andy, i did a quick test before ive read this post.
I did not work lol, plus had to stop playing as the wifey wanted new bleeding led lighting in the house weekend lol.
Anyhow, i am a total noob on this level, but from what i've read, i can not use my original charger which is supplied to charge battery packs?
What other charger if you could link me to one, i could use? and how do i connect again?
Distance from camera for mains power, is approx 2 to 3 metres away.
Sorry for lame ass reply, if i had a diagram and or pics of a tut, it would be superb and i could go ahead.
Here are pics of my charger, my lame attempt at test wiring lol, before soldering, go ahead, spit your brew out and laugh haha.
Best wishes
Pete

20180524_083924.jpg 20180524_084147.jpg 20180524_084154.jpg 20180524_084321.jpg

Will this charger do?
If so, I assume I will need to lengthen cable somehow, so I can connect to plug and run through cavity and outer wall to battery pack in camera outside?Screenshot_20180527-101456_eBay.jpg

Back