Coronavirus Tracker

The box of teabags and the plastic milk bottles get wiped, not individual teabags :ROFLMAO:

I've been keeping my eye on Sweden, same size population as New York State and Sweden have no real restrictions in place
NY has had ten times as many deaths up to now

Yeah simply aint been enough tests carried out to have a true accuracy margin from those infected and the number of deaths etc :unsure:

Only 135 recoveries for the Uk and 51 thousand cases with 5 thousand deaths. Does that mean another 40+ thousand deaths any time soon?

And now the PM is in intensive care, this virus is a bummer!

Only 135 recoveries for the Uk and 51 thousand cases with 5 thousand deaths. Does that mean another 40+ thousand deaths any time soon?

And now the PM is in intensive care, this virus is a bummer!

No, the recovery figures look alarming but they're not, there's no way of collecting accurate information on people who have tested positive but not subsequently died, these are in that 40,000 bracket above, 99% of them would have fecked off home as soon as they felt better but aren't considered 'recovered' because no one is 100% certain of that.
The 51,000 and 5,000 figures make it look like a 10% death rate but this isn't true neither. We only know about the 51,000 as they have tested positive, there will be a hundred people for each one of these so probably over half a million and by some estimates, 25% of the population has had/have it without knowing about it.
When we get to 80% we will have reached 'herd immunity'

You're no longer going for the herd immunity model, you're going for the "f$%=÷ing stay at home, you selfish b@$tard" model now. Herd immunity would have had too many fatalities for any politician to be able to stand over.

No, the recovery figures look alarming but they're not, there's no way of collecting accurate information on people who have tested positive but not subsequently died, these are in that 40,000 bracket above, 99% of them would have fecked off home as soon as they felt better but aren't considered 'recovered' because no one is 100% certain of that.
The 51,000 and 5,000 figures make it look like a 10% death rate but this isn't true neither. We only know about the 51,000 as they have tested positive, there will be a hundred people for each one of these so probably over half a million and by some estimates, 25% of the population has had/have it without knowing about it.
When we get to 80% we will have reached 'herd immunity'
Thanks for that

Its still spreading even with the lockdown but at a much lower rate
Without the lockdown it's estimated that in two weeks, one person could infect up to 50,000 people (EG you pass it to 3, they all pass it to 3, and so on)
With the lockdown, that same person in the same 2 weeks will infect around 450.

My UNOFFICIAL guestimate is that herd immunity will come around mid July, hopefully some of the restrictions will be lifted when we get to around 50%, which my UNOFFICIAL estimate is mid to late May.
I'm not a mathematician, as you know, but I like to play around with numbers and read between the lines.
No one has a clue how were going to get out of this, no 'exit strategy' so to speak but I think it will be gradual.
Sports events will start up but behind closed doors, shops selling non essential items, like B&Q and department stores, clothes shops etc will open but social distancing strictly enforced, by then, widespread testing may be up and running and some kind of green card scheme may be used, vulnerable people who have not had it will probably be sidelined for a long time yet. Construction sites will probably reopen as will car manufacturing and maybe airports etc but again, testing will need to be in place.

People keep saying 'when it's all over...' - that won't be for a long time yet, the vaccine may take a year, so next spring and even then it's a herculean task to vaccinate 66 million people

They will still be strict measures in place for the next year no doubt. But things will steadily get back to normal over the coming months. By normal i mean less stricter restrictions that are in place now.

Some estimate at least 2 years for a complete cure is available worldwide.

Is herd immunity a possibility amid the coronavirus outbreak?

Earlier this month, it was reported that the British government was hoping to achieve herd immunity across the nation by allowing the virus to make its way through the population.

It was said that the government wanted to ensure the coronavirus passes through the nation “at a much delayed speed so that those who suffer the most acute symptoms are able to receive the medical support they need”, in addition to ensuring health services are “not overwhelmed”.

On 15 March, a statement released by health secretary Hancock on the government’s website denied achieving herd immunity was its intention.

“We have a plan, based on the expertise of world-leading scientists. Herd immunity is not a part of it,” the statement read.

“That is a scientific concept, not a goal or a strategy. Our goal is to protect life from this virus, our strategy is to protect the most vulnerable and protect the NHS through contain, delay, research and mitigate.”

that's all I'm saying, even though I don't agree with Bo Jo, I wish him a speedy recovery!

Unfortunately herd immunity is the only option for every country, there's no cure, no treatment and no vaccine.
Unless it can be completely stamped out (impossible) then slowing it down is the only option, herd immunity will still occur but over a much longer period of time.
If we've got/had a quarter of the country infected already and got 8000 deaths then it follows that around 20-30 thousand may die before we reach HI, this figure is what they said from weeks ago.
Without social distancing and other measures, millions would be infected at once and hundreds of thousands would die at home due to ICU's being swamped

I don't agree, but that's freedom of speech isn't it? agree to disagree on this one. Thanks.

#getwellboris!

Just watching the news, Still trying to say that some one in an ICU is still awake, and he's just having oxygen, like really? I don't think so, they have to be very sick....Don't like Boris, But wouldn't wish this on anyone, I hope he pulls through as having our PM down isn't good for the well being of the nation.

Back