Coronavirus Tracker

Spoke to family doctor not too long ago and he basically said the face mask was so inadequate and so dangerous and despite wearing it, it was leaking which could in itself is a big risk. He was told by the higher ups to shave his beard so the mask could at least fit securely on his face.

Stories like this is what peeves me off. How many more hospitals have such inadequate PPE equipment that the NHS workers lives are in danger.

It will have a knock on and a catastrophic effect for all the NHS workers, hospitals, surgery's, we will lose professionals (which we already are) that will take years to replace, just a massive chain reaction with out the correct gear.

2 month ago..!

He was a bit emotional after I spoke to him. Really feel for him and other NHS workers who simply are not protected on the frontline with proper PPE. Wonder whos to blame for that :unsure:

Coronavirus is the greatest global science policy failure in a generation | Richard Horton

At every press conference, the government spokesperson always includes the same line: “We have been following the medical and scientific advice.” It’s a good line. And it’s partly true. But the government knew the NHS was unprepared. It knew it had failed to build the necessary intensive care surge capacity to meet the likely patient demand. As one doctor wrote to me: “It seems that nobody wants to learn from the human tragedy that happened in Italy, China, Spain … This is really sad … Doctors and scientists who are not able to learn from one another.”

When you start seeing the mass graves brings it home....

New York prisoners in hazmat suits bury city's growing number of dead in mass graves

Masks defo work!

09-04-2020 22-23-43.jpg

09-04-2020 22-28-27.jpg

09-04-2020 22-27-29.jpg

Last edited:
Wow not sure what to think of your post. Very prejudicial post and borderline racism.

Saying those doctors from India and Pakistan are not qualified enough to practice in this country is pure nonsense your spouting.

Some of the best doctors in this country originate from those and other countries.

Can guarantee a lot of doctors, nurses etc have come from abroad. Does that make them less adequate compared to those here who qualified from Oxford, Cambridge etc?

No problems getting new doctors (of a sort) there are hundreds of Indian and Pakistani people who have learned how to put a plaster on a cut and have therefore been given a certificate in their country to say they are medically qualified and use said certificate to support their job application for a doctor post here in the UK.
Same as football, you could be born in timbuktu but if you have ever had a sip of guinness then you qualify to play for Eire.
Have you got facts on this post as some would say its border line racism have you ever refused to see a Pakistan/Indian doctor or nurse? Who has qualified by putting a plaster on some one. and come to this country and works at your local gp or hostpital just bare in mind we have members on this forum who are Muslim heritage and would look at it in a different way

No problems getting new doctors (of a sort) there are hundreds of Indian and Pakistani people who have learned how to put a plaster on a cut and have therefore been given a certificate in their country to say they are medically qualified and use said certificate to support their job application for a doctor post here in the UK.
Same as football, you could be born in timbuktu but if you have ever had a sip of guinness then you qualify to play for Eire.
I don't think its Borderline racism, its just pure racism, what your saying is that if you are a doctor or nurse in the UK and happen to be from somewhere other than the uk, then you must have got your medical certificates by unfair means, or by lying and cheating your way to achieving them, what a complete insult to all the medical workers in the uk coming from abroad to work and enhance the NHS, your post has no proof or substance, its just your biased opinion, and as for your sip of guinness nonsense, well every player (bar one) which was only discovered many years later, was legally entitled to represent the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, they have not been called Eire in a long time, yes they did use the grandparent rule to its maximum, but thats because there were a few clever knowledgable people working at the FAI at the time who knew how to get benefit from the system, and England, Scotland, Wales and N-Ireland also used the grandparent rule, plenty of players represented all 5 countries that were not born there, but their parents or grand parents were, I was a fan of that rule myself, served us well, I know a few workers in the NHS that happen to come from outside the uk and I am happy in the knowledge that they worked hard to get to where they have done, I'll put mine and any of my familys lives in their hands in a heartbeat, no place on this forum for racism, or indeed society for that matter, no place for any of the so called isms, Racism, homo phobiaism, Sexism, Ageism and one that we were quite familar with over here Sectarianism, I have complete and utter contempt for all of them.

Gentlemen it's good that you are talking and I am encouraging a healthy debate.
Read my post again, I said HUNDREDS not ALL so if you have nothing better to do than QUOTE me at least get it right word for word DON'T exagertae stuff like the press do. I have my opinion and you have yours end of. I don't have to provide FACTS about my own opinions rent boy. Racism does not come into this I never mentioned that word YOU did!

Racism does not come into this I never mentioned that word YOU did!

You spoke in a highly derogatory manner about health professionals from two very specific countries, who have a proud history of providing medics for the NHS and also, to our Nation's shame, people who originate from those countries also have a history of being subject to sickening racial abuse and stereotyping. You're being racist and it has no place on an open forum or in a civilised society.

In December 2005, I had travelled unwell from Bahrain,
Hot sweats, aches I arrived back in uk
Got home had my habitual bacon sandwich, & earl grey.
I collapsed. Was immediately taken to hospital, half conscious and endless bloods taken. A Philippine Dr, walked in
Exact words

" this man has Malaria"

immediately without further tests, treatment begun.
After a week of isolation I began the road to recovery, I had sweats on a night, losing 2 stone, shivers during the day..

( just like you see in the movies)
21st January 2006 I was released, I didnt return to work until june... That Philippino Dr saved my life. So regardless of colour or religion..
My life was saved by a foreign nursing team, via NHS..

Last edited:
Speaking to relatives today and honestly I am shocked.

They are joking about saying this virus is not serious etc. They will go shopping etc if they want.

Don't give a damn if I am related to them. I am ashamed of them and their attitude to all this. Its disgusting and made that clear to them in no uncertain terms.

Death rate won't be as high as it is now say in a months time. It won't completely stop but don't think will be as high as it is currently.

Let's also not forget those who have died at home and care homes is in the thousands. That figure has not been disclosed.

Back