Coronavirus Tracker

I do wonder how exactly spain and italy will easy restrictions without potentially another peak happening.

In UK can still see strict restrictions for maybe at least another month.

Ye I can see over next few months new infections stabilising meaning death toll could be extremely low.

But worry is if you remove restrictions ans everybody goes back to how it was before will there be another peak.

This virus is gonna hang around like a bad smell for a while yet, until the UK gets testing everyone we should be in lockdown.
Anyone disobeying the leaders instructions should be arrested and put in prison with no social distancing, no pool, colour tv, mobile phones, charley, draw or decent scran. Make em do hard labour as in grave digging with a table spoon and maybe just maybe their stupid actions will sink in.

they reckon another 3 weeks of lockdown will be announced on Thursday.
Wouldn't surprise me at all. We as a country need to beat this big time and to do that will take time and self distancing and staying home will play a large part until the government can get some vaccine sorted to fight this bug.
Only time will tell.

A positive or plus about the whole virus debacle is that the major supermarkets seem to have got the food situation sorted and most items are available even in the afternoon. It's eeerie how the public will queue at distance and in quiet to get into these stores, the government are training its citizens well.

A positive or plus about the whole virus debacle is that the major supermarkets seem to have got the food situation sorted and most items are available even in the afternoon. It's eeerie how the public will queue at distance and in quiet to get into these stores, the government are training its citizens well.

local supermarkets near me have taken restrictions off now. go early in the morning and queue time is about 10 mins.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. We as a country need to beat this big time and to do that will take time and self distancing and staying home will play a large part until the government can get some vaccine sorted to fight this bug.
Only time will tell.
yeah they saying 3 to 6 weeks now being discussed today and will be told Thursday. I know it's like a series of the walking dead outside it's really socially awkward. yeah the supermarkets are getting much better tbh. Hopefully a vaccine gets sorted out so when can live some sort of a normal life again.

yeah they saying 3 to 6 weeks now being discussed today and will be told Thursday. I know it's like a series of the walking dead outside it's really socially awkward. yeah the supermarkets are getting much better tbh. Hopefully a vaccine gets sorted out so when can live some sort of a normal life again.
I have forgotten what normal means... only queuing I have ever done is for the bathroom @ home.

they reckon another 3 weeks of lockdown will be announced on Thursday.
Ye really need to keep up with Ireland as ye seem to be following us, we have announced until May 5th, and my own suspicion is that at least another 3 weeks after that.

We seem to be doing it piecemeal to keep folk onside, if they had said at the start that it will be seven weeks, people would have gone apesh1t, whereas now they see the figures and know that three weeks extra is called for, ad infinitum.

Last edited:
Ye really need to keep up with Ireland as ye seem to be following us, we have announced until May 5th, and my own suspicion is that at least another 3 weeks after that.

We seem to be doing it piecemeal to keep folk onside, if they had said at the start that it will be seven weeks, people would have gone apesh1t, whereas now they see the figures and know that three weeks extra is called for, ad infinitum.
It was always going to get extended it was obvious.. especially with the rate of it spreading. when we first went into lock down i've been saying this will be going on until at least... the end of May, if not later.

Will have to see where we are in the next couple of weeks but it's still not looking good :cry:

Two months ago: 950 dead globally
Today, mid April: 135,000 dead globally
This is while most countries were in lockdown.
Now quite a few are relaxing restrictions.
If it goes up in the next two months by the same ratio, that is 135 times more deaths = 18.25 million globally by mid June.
The vaccine (for Joe public, IE, you and me) is 18 months away, it can be ready in October but obviously all emergency workers and vulnerable people are first so those will take up the first billion vaccines, it'll be autumn 2021 before we (you and me) get a vaccine, so 2022 before normality returns.

I seriously doubt there will be 18.25 million deaths. Think that is way off imo.

Infection rate is slowing in Spain and Italy and will be same in UK in the next few weeks.

The figure brandished a few months ago millions will be dead is still way off as of today. Even US saying death toll will be over million, then 250,000 now are saying will be likely under 100,000

It's all guess work atm there is no concrete data and figures to suggest millions will die.

But worrying thing is if lockdown restrictions are relaxed then could there be another peak. If so how bad could it be.

WOW Journalists should stop asking about an ‘exit strategy.’ There is only one way we can ‘exit’ full lockdown and that is when we have a vaccine. Until then, we need to find ways we can adapt society and strike a balance between the health of the nation and our economy nadine dorries twitter

Back