Satellite Corroded tuner a

Islam

water has gone through my sky dish cable that feeds tuner a on my zgemma H7C. The tuner a end has corroded and is not working. Is there any way of replacing the tuner.

just clean it up.
Disconnect the box from everything first, obviously.
get a small wire brush, fine brass wire if possible and give it a rub in the direction of the thread, also take a pin or needle and give inside the centre hole a good scrape in case there's corrosion inside, then try it again, i assume the cabling has been renewed?

Make sure cable is renewed and taped up with waterproof tape on the outlet of the dish lnb and then where the cable comes through your outside wall make sure there is sufficient slack to make a droop loop so water is not travelling down the cable when it rains etc

Thanks for the help. I’ve had a new cable run put in and they’ve made sure it’s sealed. The person who did it told me I should use wd40 on the tuner to remove the corrosion is he right. I’ve not tried it as I don’t want to damage it even more

WD40 will help remove the rust, yes, spray a little on and give it a scrub with a wire brush.
When it's cleaned up, use a soft cloth with a little WD40 on it to clean off any residue of rust/corrosion.
Then dry it with tissue and try the sat cable in the box and see if it scans for channels

Thanks for the help. I tried the tips given still no luck. Seems the tuner is completely dead. Is there any way of swapping it out for a new tuner

Looking at image on rear it does not look like an add in slotted tuner so will presume soldered,if it was shorting could it have done other damage?

Looking at image on rear it does not look like an add in slotted tuner so will presume soldered,if it was shorting could it have done other damage?
Yeah may have done futher damage on circuit board etc water and electrical components dont seem to like each other (n)

Won’t let me upload image. I’ve had a look inside the box and all seems ok no signs of water damage. And box is working well no issues other then no sat signal. Tuner seems to be soldered in place. Only issue I can think off is the water damage spreading later on to other components. that’s why I was thinking off either taking the tuner out or replacing it with another one.

sweet baby jesus.
The centre hole that takes the copper wire is completely corroded - did you try to clear this out with a pin? - it takes 2 minutes - this is where the good stuff comes in.
The outer thread looks fine to me - until this centre hole is cleared, the sat tuner won't work, it's completely clogged with shite, the centre copper wire in the coax/cable/sat line is the bringer of swag, the rest is not as important - i've used a kryptview cable box connected to just the centre copper core - no outer connected at all

Back