Satellite Corroded tuner a

Wow that has had some serious water ingress over a period of time (n) only other thing i can suggest is a micro wire brush atachment in a drill to clean it up on a slow speed and have a vacuum cleaner pipe near it to vacuum the loose rust out

One of them tiny brushes that clean braces would work perfect
interdental-brush.jpg

Is there a bit of center-core broken and still in the f-socket? Inserting a pin (as suggested earlier) into the socket will confirm if this is the case.

I'd use WD40.

ive followed the help given and still no luck. I’ve used a small brush inside and wd40 to try and clean it up. I think it’s completely dead inside. Going to leave it as it is and maybe look at another box or just buy an old sky box. It’s only for a few channels which are not on cable or Iptv.
Going forward would it be best to connect a smaller cable from the box on to the sat cable using an adapter to stop any water leaking again in the future. I’ve attached an image to show what I mean. The cause of the water leak was the cable had cuts in it while on the roof it has caused water to go into it. I’ve attached an image of both ends of the cable to show the difference between the water damaged side and the good side.
https://ibb.co/S3hLqPJ
https://ibb.co/F0cB3vD

ive followed the help given and still no luck. I’ve used a small brush inside and wd40 to try and clean it up. I think it’s completely dead inside. Going to leave it as it is and maybe look at another box or just buy an old sky box. It’s only for a few channels which are not on cable or Iptv.
Going forward would it be best to connect a smaller cable from the box on to the sat cable using an adapter to stop any water leaking again in the future. I’ve attached an image to show what I mean. The cause of the water leak was the cable had cuts in it while on the roof it has caused water to go into it. I’ve attached an image of both ends of the cable to show the difference between the water damaged side and the good side.
https://ibb.co/S3hLqPJ
https://ibb.co/F0cB3vD
if there's a drip loop on the new installed cable, no more water can get to the box, water can't climb up a cable

Anyway I’ve weatherproofed both ends of the cables and installed good quality cables i should be ok going forward. the old cable had been in for over 20 years so it was bound to die and needed replacing.

those cuts/abrasions are from the cable blowing in the wind and scraping against masonry, if the new cable isn't properly clipped all the way down it will do the same

Yeah they dont last forever sadly but i think you got lucky not doing more damage to the internals of the box and can still use it for cable and iptv etc.

Should be able to pick a cheap sky box up to carry on watching what channels are left.

Go to signal finder on atv its
Menu>setup>service searching>signal finder
Switch to tuner A and see what your SNR and AGC is.
Atleast we will no if it is working even just a little to see if its fixable

Go to signal finder on atv its
Menu>setup>service searching>signal finder
Switch to tuner A and see what your SNR and AGC is.
Atleast we will no if it is working even just a little to see if its fixable

SNR 0%
AGC 0%

Using the same cable on my h2h I am getting
SNR 66%
AGC 26%

If their both tuned in to same transponder then its game over for the broken tuner :confounded:
Not sure if you can buy tuners for them what channels was you after that you cant get through cable and iptv?

If their both tuned in to same transponder then its game over for the broken tuner :confounded:
Not sure if you can buy tuners for them what channels was you after that you cant get through cable and iptv?
It was a couple off international channels. I’ve set my h2h up so I’m able to receive them on that.
But my main concern regarding the h7 is if there is water or rust can it spread to other parts of the box. Would I be able to pull it out to stop it from doing more damage. I like this box as its very good for Iptv and cable

Rust cant spread water can, you have sorted out the cause of the problem.
You have had your box open and and sure if their was water inside you would no, the sat cable in your box doesnt work so no harm in removing it. Also no harm in keeping it in as the problem has been rectified.

Back