Covid-19 the second wave

sooo, anyone remember when the most controversial news story was a man with an autistic son moving to be closer to his family...

Any been speaking to family doctor today and has said this week has been absolutely full with covid cases and it's not going down on the level as is being reported. Second wave is coming only matter of time.

Think new slogan for government should be.

Keep killing people. All about the economy. Stay brainwashed.

Any been speaking to family doctor today and has said this week has been absolutely full with covid cases and it's not going down on the level as is being reported. Second wave is coming only matter of time.

Think new slogan for government should be.

Keep killing people. All about the economy. Stay brainwashed.

people are dying because of lockdown and the conversion of the nhs to covid only.

the risk to healthy people is mild

the risk to children is practically non-existant - kids are more likely to die on the walk to school than they are of dying after contracting covid.

estimates of around 6 in every 10,000 people have covid.

we need to restart normal life, sorry.

people should decide on the level of risk they are willing to take for themselves.

people are dying because of lockdown and the conversion of the nhs to covid only.

the risk to healthy people is mild

the risk to children is practically non-existant - kids are more likely to die on the walk to school than they are of dying after contracting covid.

estimates of around 6 in every 10,000 people have covid.

we need to restart normal life, sorry.

people should decide on the level of risk they are willing to take for themselves.
Try telling that to the parents and the family of the 16 week old baby that died several days ago and the other young ones that have died due to covid 19, yes I know there has not been anywhere near as many children died as there has been adults, but in my opinion, one is still too many, My grandson was born 4 weeks ago and my daughter had a stressful pregnancy, as did thousands of new mums and mums to be, she had mellowed a bit this past few weeks and started to settle into motherhood, then after the story of the young baby, with no under lying health problems passing away emerged on the news, she is now stressed up to the nineties again, and instead of her and my son in law starting out on what should be a new and wonderful beginning of parenthood for them, they are now worrying about every little cough and sneeze they hear, constantly checking babys temperature, there are hundreds of thousands of people just like them, going through the same thing, thats what this ******* of a virus has done to the world.

Try telling that to the parents and the family of the 16 week old baby that died several days ago and the other young ones that have died due to covid 19, yes I know there has not been anywhere near as many children died as there has been adults, but in my opinion, one is still too many, My grandson was born 4 weeks ago and my daughter had a stressful pregnancy, as did thousands of new mums and mums to be, she had mellowed a bit this past few weeks and started to settle into motherhood, then after the story of the young baby, with no under lying health problems passing away emerged on the news, she is now stressed up to the nineties again, and instead of her and my son in law starting out on what should be a new and wonderful beginning of parenthood for them, they are now worrying about every little cough and sneeze they hear, constantly checking babys temperature, there are hundreds of thousands of people just like them, going through the same thing, thats what this ******* of a virus has done to the world.

It is hard mate and really sorry to hear how your daughter is coping.

It is tough and completely understand why she is feeling that way.

Hope as time goes on things will get better and the stress will ease.

The virus has completely ruined peoples lives and changed things to an extent where it is now the new norm.

yes there will be very rare cases.

but the mortality rate for that age group is around 1 in 3 million. for comparison, the odds of being struck by lightning is 1 in 1.2m.

highlighting the one in three million case does not change the fact kids are more likely to die walking to school than they are from dying from covid after they catch it.

best never to let any kids walk to school - one death is too many.

life is dangerous and we exchange risk for experience / utility / pleasure/ money all the time

time to take off the cotton wool and get back to living sensibly

yes there will be very rare cases.

but the mortality rate for that age group is around 1 in 3 million. for comparison, the odds of being struck by lightning is 1 in 1.2m.

highlighting the one in three million case does not change the fact kids are more likely to die walking to school than they are from dying from covid after they catch it.

best never to let any kids walk to school - one death is too many.

life is dangerous and we exchange risk for experience / utility / pleasure/ money all the time

time to take off the cotton wool and get back to living sensibly
Point I am trying to make to you is 1: there has been a few child and teenage deaths due to covid 19, not just one
2: As I said try telling your statastics to their families, particularly their parents
3: Kids walking to school? whats that got to do with anything?
4: I also think its time to get back to some sort of normality, sooner the better
Are you a parent or a grand parent? if not then I am probably wasting my time.

Mate he is a waste of time debating with.

He rather everything just completely open up and act as everything is normal.

Doctors and nurses are STILL dealing with huge amounts of covid 19 cases every day. Nothing has really gone down to the level we have been led to believe.

It is difficult to get back to "normal" when it hits someone in your family and they nearly die but i also understand that at some point we do need to get back to normality but it is scary as I said when you've witnessed 1st hand someone in your family potentially not coming home

I have relatives who have really suffered last few weeks from covid.

My uncle over 80 it has completely taken so much out of him. Lost so much weight and doesnt talk much now. He is even having to be cared for. shocking as this is the person who was healthy as any one of us. Exercised, ate healthy etc.

What this virus can do to someone is quite shocking and deeply scary.

Mate he is a waste of time debating with.

He rather everything just completely open up and act as everything is normal.

Doctors and nurses are STILL dealing with huge amounts of covid 19 cases every day. Nothing has really gone down to the level we have been led to believe.
How do you know that?
Are you privy to different data than the rest if us? - what kind of "huge amounts" are these?
Would you rather more people die because of lockdown? - lockdown is killing more people than the virus

Its a never ending cycle due to mental health being effected from staying home so long. Its enough to drive you f*kin mental

I dont know maybe because he and others are dealing with more excessive amounts of patients that a couple of weeks ago.

I dont have any data to provide to you.

I am just stating what front line NHS workers are saying, but you know more than them I guess as your saving lives right?

Dont get me wrong, the sooner we are back to some sort of normality the better, people need to be able to go about their daily routines more freely, kids need to get back to school, anyone that wants to go on holiday, hopefully can do so soon, I do think it will be awhile before we can get to go out for a few pints or go to a sporting event, but hopefully its not too long, but my point I was trying to make to teddy was the tragedy of any child passing away due to covid or any other way is grief beyond anything else, my wife is an EMT in the Ambulance service and has been called to many many fatalities involving children over the years, just trying to make that point that the death of any child is a tragic event.

Things are getting back to normal. Non-essential shops are open, many children are back in school based education, holidays are being booked in this country and clear steps are being made to enable holidaying abroad again, there's talk of relaxing the 2m rule which will solve many obstacles some industries are trying to overcome, and the % of furlough payments from the government coffers is going to be reduced - forcing the hand of employers who've left their workforces at home at the taxpayers expense.

I dont know maybe because he and others are dealing with more excessive amounts of patients that a couple of weeks ago.

I dont have any data to provide to you.

I am just stating what front line NHS workers are saying, but you know more than them I guess as your saving lives right?
More patients is probably due to more people with non covid ailments finally getting treatment.
No I'm not saving lives and nether are you but I'm not making outlandish claims with no basis

Point I am trying to make to you is 1: there has been a few child and teenage deaths due to covid 19, not just one
2: As I said try telling your statastics to their families, particularly their parents
3: Kids walking to school? whats that got to do with anything?
4: I also think its time to get back to some sort of normality, sooner the better
Are you a parent or a grand parent? if not then I am probably wasting my time.

the point about the walk to school is that it is statistically more dangerous for kids than catching covid is.

kids are twice as likely to be struck by lightning this year than die from covid after catching it.

if someone said to you "i am keeping my kids off school as a few kids have died walking to school" or " i am keeping the kids indoors as a couple where struck by lightning last year" you would rightly tell them to get a grip,

well, that's the level of risk we are talking about for children.

do you think it is safe to walk to school?

well i bet you wouldn't say that to a parent who lost a kid in an accident

you see how weak that line of argument is?

your disregard for lighting strike victims is shocking, ahem...

we weigh up risks all the time. people need to be told covid is not a major risk for kids, almost certainly its safer for a kid to have covid than it is for a kid to play out in the streets for a week.

Back