Covid-19 the second wave

When the man who leads the country has welfare benefits decisions forced upon him by someone who's claim to expertise is that his mum was so poor he was fast tracked into one of the richest football clubs in the world so she didn't have to make his butties, you know that leader is hopelessly out of his depth.

Yes because the sandwiches of the second richest baseball club in America are far better, and cheaper by the pound if your grandad was forced to hunt giraffes by candlelight in Muswell Hill etc

Noo.
What the government should have done is make ONE decision on day one and never faltered from that even slightly.
One rule for every person and business in the UK.
Stick with that one rule no matter what.
Everything other than that one policy is a u-turn, confusing, bewildering and t'other side would have handled it better etc
Spot on my thoughts exactly

If people are struggling with money now wait 12 months or few years down the line be virtually impossible to survive with taxes etc going right up to cover the major losses to the economy.

Sadly it is very bleak future for the working class people.

The higher class have profited though so there is that.

Well where our company is we have been put into level 3 under south yorkshire. It will make no difference to us as we class ourselves as suppliers to the rail industry. To be fare we are selling loads of plant equipment at the moment.

It doesn't make a lot of difference to anyone.
We've been in T3 for a week so I've not been to the pub.
Nothing else changed.
I'll be going pub tonight though.
Sirloin and chips followed by about 4 or 5 pints.
Pub making more money in past week than he has in past 2 years...gone from 40 meals a day to 120

It doesn't make a lot of difference to anyone.
We've been in T3 for a week so I've not been to the pub.
Nothing else changed.
I'll be going pub tonight though.
Sirloin and chips followed by about 4 or 5 pints.
Pub making more money in past week than he has in past 2 years...gone from 40 meals a day to 120
Wow sirloin and chips crisps, now that is cool.
Makes my thirsty thinking about it.

Gotta give Burnham credit for managing to time it so that he received the funding announcement during the press conference he convened before he had the info.

Great acting job too.

This has been pointed out numerous times but it doesn't seem to sink in.
Every country in the world has emergency plans in place for nuclear war, earthquakes, pandemics and a few other possible disasters.
If/when they strike, that plan is followed unopposed by any political party regardless of who is in power.

This was agreed by all parties when those plans were drawn up.

Trying to politicise it in here and on countless other forums is futile.

And trying to politicise it in order to further your career, as in Burnham's case, at the risk of people's lives is despicable.
90% of the country had never heard of him before this week.
What's the betting he stands for parliament in the next election?
Labour party should ban him for life after what he's done but they wont
Ban him for life for speaking out for the low paid workers who are gonna be forced to stay at home from friday without adequate funds from central government to live on ?

Ban him for life for speaking out for the low paid workers who are gonna be forced to stay at home from friday without adequate funds from central government to live on ?
No, ban him for life for dragging out the inevitable for TEN extra days thereby increasing infections and putting more strain on Manchester hospitals when he knew the outcome from day one

I keep saying it vast majority of politicians including the ones in power are corrupt to the core.

Wanting to save jobs, help those on low income. My arse!!

If they can make quick buck from the pandemic they will. Putting the wealthy first and foremost they have and will continue to do so.

Of course things will get much worse for people as time goes on with economy in tatters the people will be the ones paying for it as time goes on. Those in power, those wealthy scum will of course benefit.

I keep saying it vast majority of politicians including the ones in power are corrupt to the core.

Wanting to save jobs, help those on low income. My arse!!

If they can make quick buck from the pandemic they will. Putting the wealthy first and foremost they have and will continue to do so.

Of course things will get much worse for people as time goes on with economy in tatters the people will be the ones paying for it as time goes on. Those in power, those wealthy scum will of course benefit.
Like Andy B on 10K a month(y):cautious:

Anyone believes these politicians doing what needs to be done for the public are wrong. They all are too busy acting like b*tches whining and complaining and have their own interests to achieve.

To be fair Burnham is a great local leader and the people of Manchester are lucky to have him representing them.

It would be much better if power and responsibilities lay locally rather than centrally.

This government is not effective or decisive and I'd much rather have men like Burnham make decisions than have them imposed on him.

To be fair Burnham is a great local leader and the people of Manchester are lucky to have him representing them.

It would be much better if power and responsibilities lay locally rather than centrally.

This government is not effective or decisive and I'd much rather have men like Burnham make decisions than have them imposed on him.
That's great when negotiating housing, education and other local issues.
When there's a virus threatening the entire population you can't have 40 or 50 different sets of rules and restrictions in 40/50 regions when movement in and out of those regions isn't controlled

Movement in and out can be controlled, as Wales proves. And gov imposing rules in Manchester does not change the problem if it exists

40 - 50 different approaches are exactly what you need when you have 40 - 50 different situations

The needs of Liverpool will be different to Oldham due to household composition, pop density etc. One area might have 1-2 local hubs of infection that are radically different to another area.

At the very least we would at least have natural experiments where we could test and forsee problems or benefits of approaches.

Burnham will understand the needs and local risks much better than government

Back