Covid-19 the second wave

Open the pubs, close the pubs, don't give away taxpayers money, give away taxpayers money, it's just a flu, it's a dramatically changing pandemic... the only thing you've been consistent in is your steadfast support of Boris Johnson - whatever happens, nothing is his fault.

When does this all stop being a political debate? All these parties and those who represent them are the same. I would go as far as to say this pandemic shows the piece of s*its politicians really are, trying to one up each other to get in the good books of the public.

Dont understand why there is a side to choose when they would all royally F up everything all the same.

That includes Starmer who seems to think he has all the answers himself.

None of them do because there's never been anything like it before.
But when people try to obfuscate the situation in an attempt to bolster support for their particular political fetish it just makes things worse for everyone.

When does this all stop being a political debate?

That's kinda how democracy works y'know... if someone got elected and everyone just went "oh well, they're doing their best," then there'd never be a change - we'd just stick with the same inept leadership. The party in government should absolutely be questioned on their decisions.

The fact the strongest argument the Boris Johnson fanboy has is that all politicians would make a balls up of leading the party through this speaks volumes.

And it's more than a little strange that someone perceives a political persuasion to be a fetish too.

So if govt tomorrow said covid is cured and they've found a way of wiping out the massive debts and there'd be full employment, your shower would have to oppose it just because they're in opposition?

No change there then

No of course not - if covid was cured and the debts incurred wiped out then it'd be a time to rejoice. There'd be national holidays declared, people would be planning the Christmas of Christmases and we'd have a period of political peace never seen before.

And yet you have opposed every decision this government has made even though your lot would have done exactly the same, had they been in power, which they never will be again.

That's kinda how democracy works y'know... if someone got elected and everyone just went "oh well, they're doing their best," then there'd never be a change - we'd just stick with the same inept leadership. The party in government should absolutely be questioned on their decisions.

The fact the strongest argument the Boris Johnson fanboy has is that all politicians would make a balls up of leading the party through this speaks volumes.

And it's more than a little strange that someone perceives a political persuasion to be a fetish too.

Mate I aint taking sides here and you dont need to tell me about how inept this frigging government has been or is.

My point is no matter the party labour, libs, tories, green party doesnt matter who and who ever their leader is if they got elected it would be the same BS.

These morons only see the pound signs. They say one thing and do another.

I dont trust a single one of them and tbh this political system the country loves to go on about is rigged to the core.

Those pulling the strings from behind the scenes dont give a toss for me, you or joe bloggs down the road. Only the wealthy people and businesses.

It has always been this way and always will be this way as the system is set up this way.

Any party, any leader like BOJO are basically the puppets of the system.

And yet you have opposed every decision this government has made even though your lot would have done exactly the same, had they been in power, which they never will be again.

How can I have opposed every decision they've made when they keep changing their mind? Much like you do.

Perhaps you should have loaned them your crystal ball then they'd have known there'd be 100k infected in October then they wouldn't have had to change position.

So you didn't foresee that we'd be experiencing a second wave? Mind you don't bang your head on the thread title.

The point I was making was that surely any idiot could have predicted the second wave. Well, almost any idiot.

Yes they told us in March before the first wave that a second wave would follow.
They call it the second wave because it comes after the first, all very complicated I know.
What no one knew was the date.
August, September, October, November or whenever.
Perhaps we should have all gone into tier 3 in May...that way you could have complained about 5 months wasted when the 2nd wave didn't arrive until October

This time of year was always most likely to be the time of the second wave considering lockdown went on so long. Traditionally, viral infections thrive in these months in the UK - hence the flu vaccinations being rolled out.

I see
So they make ONE decision on the first infection and never deviate from that single decision regardless of what happens with the virus or how many people are infected?

Attachments

• 166-1665451_raptor-thinking-hmm-thinkingdinosaur-meme-thinking-philosoraptor-animeme.png
    166-1665451_raptor-thinking-hmm-thinkingdinosaur-meme-thinking-philosoraptor-animeme.png
    724.1 KB · Views: 2
people would be planning the Christmas of Christmases.
Already am planning got hot tub coming next week Santa's covid grotto in back garden been built.
with social distancing measures in place
Can't have elfs as government is paying half their wages as helps me out (thank god) reinders had to change as wanted them 1st of December but have to quarantine for 2 weeks so no good.
Donkeys are ordered instead so can make them look like them. So I'm going to be having the Christmas of all Christmases even my turkey is wearing a face mask as a precaution :love:

Back