Covid-19 the second wave

I dont know if I have as much hate for someone like you mate bloody heck :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But yes 99.9% of these so called scum of the earth represent the people haha ye right. Theres only couple politicians who I considered genuine people who wanted to do good and help people but sadly they are dead or shall I say killed.

But yes 99.9% of these so called scum of the earth represent the people haha ye right.

Are you saying Andy Burnham isn't representing the will of the people? That the local leaders who's opinion he has taken to the PM is not that of the people of Greater Manchester, and that the public actually do want to go into tier 3 lockdown with inadequate financial support?

Are you saying Andy Burnham isn't representing the will of the people? That the local leaders who's opinion he has taken to the PM is not that of the people of Greater Manchester, and that the public actually do want to go into tier 3 lockdown with inadequate financial support?

He comes across as fake and too much acting like what he is saying is actually for the people.

Same as the tool Andy Street, the midlands mayor.

In terms of financial support with economy in dire straints with how crazy the tories have been with spending I cant see where all the money is gona come from to support these regions financially.

He comes across as fake and too much acting like what he is saying is actually for the people.

So you're saying the people of Greater Manchester disagree with the view he is presenting to the media? That they actually do want to go into tier 3 lockdown under the terms he is resisting?

So you're saying the people of Greater Manchester disagree with the view he is presenting to the media? That they actually do want to go into tier 3 lockdown under the terms he is resisting?
So ALL the people of Manchester agree with everything he is saying? I am sure some probably have their own views on how he is handing things in their city and region.

I never said people disagreed with whats been put forward, but how he has brought it forward seems a bit iffy.

I am sure if he wanted some financial arrangement could have been discussed behind closed doors without bringing it into the whole media spotlight.

Proves also how inept the government is that it has got no control over the country, divisions everywhere, not just here but Wales and of course Scotland.

Labour, Tories dont matter who they belong to none of them imo have the peoples best interests at heart. Would not trust a single one of these so called politicians.

Andy Burnham's role, in this instance, is to canvas the opinion of local leaders in the boroughs of Greater Manchester and present the opinion to the government - to do so, he'll work on a majority basis ie more of the local leaders have informed him that the will of the people in their area is to resist going into tier 3 lockdown under the terms the government tried to force upon them.

It's not about coming to a unanimous agreement of every resident of Greater Manchester - that'd be impossible.

thats not what I said,
people by nature are mostly greedy, so want more money, but he is not acting in the best interests of the country,
the more money you give away for 'free', the more money you need to collect in tax, but, hey ho, thats a typical Labour trait.
arsehole burnham wants to stay in the EU, against the will of the Gtr Mcr electorate, so, NO, he is NOT interested in what the people want,
he is doing this to get in the spotlight and further his political career, and maybe get another term as mayor from the people who forget about his eu stance , as I'm sure it will be the furlough sh!t that he will push out come along election time.

He's not the mayor of the country though.
he's not acting in the best interests of Mcr either tho,
tax the hard working people even harder.?
and , ignore their wishes about leaving the EU
what part of that is acting in the interests of the people of Gtr Mcr ?

he's not acting in the best interests of Mcr either tho,
tax the hard working people even harder.?
and , ignore their wishes about leaving the EU
what part of that is acting in the interests of the people of Gtr Mcr ?
He's not there to decide what the best interests of GM are - as you quite rightly criticise him for doing so in opposing leaving the EU when the people of GM voted leave. He is, on this occasion, presenting the opinion and carrying out the will of the people of Greater Manchester, who he has been told through local leaders, wish him to oppose tier 3 lockdown on the terms offered by the government.

He's not there to decide what the best interests of GM are -
so what is he there for as Mayor.?
do you even pay your CT in Gtr Mcr ? otherwise you dont really have any valid opinion on this,
as a Gtr Mcr CT payer I can tell you he is NOT acting in our best interests, or of anyone I know.

so what is he there for as Mayor.?
do you even pay your CT in Gtr Mcr ? otherwise you dont really have any valid opinion on this,
as a Gtr Mcr CT payer I can tell you he is NOT acting in our best interests, or of anyone I know.

Of course I have a valid opinion, but I'm stating facts here.

The local leaders have presented him with the opinion of the people of Greater Manchester.

They have told him that the will of the majority of those people is that entering into tier 3 lockdown should be opposed.

If there is a silent majority who, as you suggest, disagree with that opinion then the onus is on them to voice they opinion to the local leaders in order that the alleged misrepresentation of their opinion ceases.

He's a manc who is respected on Merseyside.

Theres footage of him giving a speech to the kop on a Hillsborough anniversary. He is there to convey a banal message from the prime minister that the 96 will never be forgotten.

Someone shouts 'justice' and it hangs heavy in the crowd before enveloping the people.

You can see Burnham respond on an emotional level and the moment he threw his influence into getting justice.

You can see the moment he moved from representing the establishment to being committed to the people in challenging that establishment. It's a remarkable moment

He will always have my respect for that moment alone

No, ban him for life for dragging out the inevitable for TEN extra days thereby increasing infections and putting more strain on Manchester hospitals when he knew the outcome from day one
But why isn't these dust covered emergency built Covid wards been used right now house and divert new Covid patients into them ?.
This would not only elevate the strain on hospital wards and give them back but ease the spread within the hospital grounds.

Somethings not right, I'm no conspiracy theorist far from it but this clap and save the NHS is been used to crowbar us back through our doors.
Yes hospital cases are on the rise so let's use these purpose built sleeping ghost wards as intended.

But why isn't these dust covered emergency built Covid wards been used right now house and divert new Covid patients into them ?.
This would not only elevate the strain on hospital wards and give them back but ease the spread within the hospital grounds.

As I understand it, any staff needed for the purpose built covid hospitals would have to come from the nhs trust that each patient came from, so it wouldn't alleviate strain on the nhs as it'd just use existing staff.

Screenshot_20201022-131021_Samsung Internet.jpg

Perhaps things might have changed over the past few months?
Maybe 100,000 people testing positive in a week is slightly different to when 800 people tested positive in a week? :unsure: :mask:

Things must have changed dramatically in a couple of days, some people here were dead against more of taxpayers money being doled out...

That dammed Andy Burnham Rishi Sunak, giving away taxpayers money like that.

Things do change dramatically in a pandemic, that's what pandemics tend to do, be dramatic
But you always get clowns clamouring for change and pointing out how things /should/ be done.
But then when things are changed or reintroduced those same clowns call it a u-turn or a climbdown, weird or what?
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

And tomorrow it'll be back to "more people die of the flu" and not a dramatically changing pandemic.

Back