Covid-19 the second wave

I'm suspicious that they're in that much of a rush to save the world that corners might be cut. And nobody can be sure of the long term effects.
The long term effects no one knows
The short term effects if catching covid19 are pretty much assured that you can die,
Can it get any worse,?

If your have such underlying health conditions then Yes there is such a high risk of death but most who don't have such health issues who catch the virus to through tough periods but and up pulling through.

Get what your saying though as vaccine is short term fix as not possible to have it out there being 100% effective.

4 reasons for encouragement based on Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine results

The Pfizer vaccine targets a spefic protein in covid19. It was thought that if this approach did not work then it would be pretty dire as many other companies took the same approach.

The FDA said they would issue an Emergency Use Application to any vaccine with 50% efficacy. Pfizer have hit 90% with this approach. It means the other companies are likely going to be not far behind.

Pfizers vaccine needs to be stored at -70. Another company claim theirs will be ok at -4

This is incredibly positive news

The short term effects if catching covid19 are pretty much assured that you can die,
Can it get any worse,?
For young people the risk of going outside and catching covid and dying approaches the risk of going out and being killed crossing the road.

So if a vaccine has any long term effects it would be disastrous for the young.

It's likely that the risk of side effects is lower than the risk of covid and the upside of the highest risk in terms of spreading the disease bejng vaccinated trumps the danger of the group with lowest risk of covid effects taking an untested vaccine.

I'm not sure I'm civic minded enough to take that risk, knowing covid had no effect on me at all.

If I was a young man I know I wouldn't be taking that risk.

I think the vaccine has been around a while.
They were waiting until Trump was definitely ousted before releasing the news.
If they'd released this news a month ago there would have been a good chance he could have got reelected.
He's widely viewed by other world leaders as a fecking lunatic and they were all shitting their knickers about him having another 4 years.
Nuclear war was definitely on the agenda and he had to go.
Judging by the response in here and other forums etc it seems hardly anyone is going to bother with the vaccine but I don't think it matters really :whistle:

For young people the risk of going outside and catching covid and dying approaches the risk of going out and being killed crossing the road.

So if a vaccine has any long term effects it would be disastrous for the young.

It's likely that the risk of side effects is lower than the risk of covid and the upside of the highest risk in terms of spreading the disease bejng vaccinated trumps the danger of the group with lowest risk of covid effects taking an untested vaccine.

I'm not sure I'm civic minded enough to take that risk, knowing covid had no effect on me at all.

If I was a young man I know I wouldn't be taking that risk.
So, you know that covid poses no risk to you at all,?
You a smarter man than all the scientists that are researching it.....

Can it get any worse,?

Not sure the wording "pretty much assured that you can die" makes much sense tbh. Some people are more likely to die than others for sure. Personally, I don't hit many points of concern that make me think I'd be a gonner.

So, you know that covid poses no risk to you at all,?
You a smarter man than all the scientists that are researching it.....
No I know my risk is low.

For many groups the risk of dying in the car on the way to your tests is greater than the risk of complications arising from covid.

They should never have let everyone back out to pubs/clubs/shops (much to my own annoyance as well as everyone elses) after the initial major breakout of this covid.
Now its just being used to bring in monetary gain via fines and fixed penalties.
IMO it is just a smother to bring in new laws (dispersal of crowds and protesters) which will remain in place long after covid has been and gone. These new laws will be set in stone and used against people making a stand once they figure out what is actually going on in the world and what our government is doing behind the scenes while using covid as a pretext.

Because we will not have an idea of the long-term effects

When we are fighting a virus that has little to no negative effects for people in low risk groups this means that any significant risk from the vaccine is a huge deal.

They are allowing the vaccine to pass due to the immediate danger, and circumventing years of testing.

For low risk people there is a calculation to be made.

I'm not going to be taking on the extra risk. Selfish for sure but that's up to me

Vaccine will be taken by those who will want it. Those who think covid is not real and trust me I have close relatives who deny it exists have already started spouting conspiracy theories about the vaccine.

Totally different scenario
How can you even compare that ?
Because the Ill effects weren't even with the one taking the drug, it skipped into the child. It is the unknown that I am talking about, not the known.
The known in the thalidimde scenario is that it helped greatly with the mothers morning sickness, the unknown was the obvious deformities caused to the child - how was this side effect found?, by human 'trials'. All other previous trials were obviously to see if the mother would have any side effects, the only way to know if the child was affected was by a mother taking it during pregnancy.

With the flu vaccine, all that is known currently is that it has a 90% efficacy (basically that it protected 90% of trialists) it is not known what long term effects this could have on people.
The likelihood of it affecting a child is a lot less as it is a once off, as opposed to Thalidimde which was a daily tablet.
However, it is similar to it because there have been no long term trials.

When we are fighting a virus that has little to no negative effects for people in low risk groups this means that any significant risk from the vaccine is a huge deal.
Low risk to the person (you) catching it, maybe a death sentence to the person you pass it onto.
They are allowing the vaccine to pass due to the immediate danger, and circumventing years of testing.
It will either work or it won't.
It's a protein not a drug

Does seem this vaccine is even more of a divisive issues than even i imagined tbh.

You either on side of it or against it there doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

As I say I'll weigh up the potential risks and make my own decision.

I'd advise everyone else to take the vaccine.

It's highly likely it wont be risky, but it's worth noting that the government approach is likely to be to limit it to high risk people. In a way that is a nod to the caution that needs to be afforded low risk groups.

I am very optimistic about vaccine.

It looks very likely the us will be vaccinating people this year and the fact that the approach Pfizer took looks to have worked means we will likely have multiple vaccines available by next summer.

It's overwhelmingly positive news

Back