Covid 19

If in house lockdown have you still got your board games monopoly,snakes and ladders and others.

I see more people wondering how to get groceries if in lockdown and see more volunteers offering a free service in delivery.

Now as i have never got home delivery do they collect the basket/container which might be contagious from the user?

Now as i have never got home delivery do they collect the basket/container which might be contagious from the user?

Yes. They deliver it in big crates that you empty and pass back to them.

Shopping slots might be in demand so book early if you intend to.

I think once the able bodied have had it and recovered, thereby immune, there should be a group setup for them to do volunteer work like this or help out at hospitals/clinics etc, check on old people etc

If in house lockdown have you still got your board games monopoly,snakes and ladders and others.

If on lockdown and not unwell, I intend to decorate a few rooms that aren't really due it yet, but I'll make use of the free time to do it.

For leisure time, I'm going to download films to memory sticks in case the internet or my iptv subs go down.

Disposable gloves you mean and not your own.
Might be worth to get a packet of gloves and carry in car as most motor factors have many sizes in stock and 80 or 100 in a pack,i cant use latex with powder as it makes me itch.

Disposable gloves you mean and not your own.
Might be worth to get a packet of gloves and carry in car as most motor factors have many sizes in stock and 80 or 100 in a pack,i cant use latex with powder as it makes me itch.
I think gloves will be stolen and not replaced so can't be relied upon at the filling station. Even a plastic back over your hand would work in an emergency (y)

Thats a great idea as i had loads when i have loose mushrooms and loose veg and puts them to good use.
Put bags in car for pump use.

You can get the cheap latex gloves from motor factors outlets and maybe B&Q.
If not you can use marigold type washing gloves. Or even normal gardening gloves or similar, the virus only lives 48h on surfaces but they advise 72h as a precaution.
Lob the gloves in the boot and they'll be naturally disinfected next time you use them

Thats a great idea as i had loads when i have loose mushrooms and loose veg and puts them to good use.
Put bags in car for pump use.

On the subject of vegetables, people should also probably make an attempt to eat healthily and keep their body in as healthy a state as possible to fight the virus should they get it.

On the subject of vegetables, people should also probably make an attempt to eat healthily and keep their body in as healthy a state as possible to fight the virus should they get it.
I agree and we are going to need an army of volunteers as there's no possibility that the government and NHS will cope.
Once the healthy people have had it there needs to be a huge movement to work with official bodies to do mundane but vital work in order to save those more vulnerable

My local fruit and veg shop had the shelves cleaned and not a carrot in the shop.Yesterday was equal to 1 weeks worth of sales.

My local fruit and veg shop had the shelves cleaned and not a carrot in the shop.Yesterday was equal to 1 weeks worth of sales.

In aldi there were hardly any tins of soup left, yet turn around and on the shelves behind there were all the vegetables you'd need to make your own soup in abundance.

This is human nature I'm afraid, when they get scared their first instinct is to get food.
This will fade after a short while like it did in Italy. My local veg shop was fully stocked and even had new season Jersey Royals in but I didn't buy any at £4 a kilo.
All the supermarkets near me are fully stocked with fruit and vegetables and bog rolls, still no hand gel though. I know a chap who works in cleaning supplies and he's said 3-4 weeks and the uk will be awash with the stuff, he gets 50 X 10L drums of it and that's his delivery time

Back