Covid19 Vaccination

Got my 1st jab 3 weeks ago yesterday. Sore arm for 24 hours after but no other side effects. I know 2 ladies who have both had covid in November and December. Both took a flu like reaction to their jabs one last week, one the week before, which left them in bed for 24 hours. Both have been fine since.
what was the vaccine manufacturer you got, and did they tell you who the manufacturer was prior to your visit?

what was the vaccine manufacturer you got, and did they tell you who the manufacturer was prior to your visit?
I got the pfizer jab which was given in hospital vaccination clinic. Wasn't told beforehand, but told at the hospital that they give that one due to storage and distribution issues.

I've got a few clients who have now had theirs. All over 80 years old who all have had theirs at GP's surgery's etc. Some have had Oxford, but most have been pfizer too.

Not sure if being in Northern Ireland makes any difference to supply here.

my 90 year old mother inlaw had hers last tuesday.... late wednesday she was in hospital nearly dead... there was another old lady in the home who also had hers the same time and died the next day...

the hospital put it down too a bad reaction to the injection and filled her up with something that had her walking around where shes normally stuck in the chair

Excellent news indeed. With things shaping up nearly all UK could be vaccinated by the end of the year. Be a, big step to some normality at least.
They reckon 75% and therefore herd immunity by July, the EU won't be anywhere near the same level until October.
The EU are currently at about 2% compared to the UK at 12% , and the EU are now trying to stop the UK getting contractually obliged orders from EU labs.

EU hasn't even passed the vaccine yet so they are months behind.
We passed it a while back so have a head start.
Some (most) European citizens must be thinking that leaving the bloated red-tape tangled mess that is EU is probably a good idea

What makes you say that Mike?
They have not approved the oxford vaccination and are having problems with there production. And have said they want the UK to take less of there order.

They have also threatened to slow down deliveries of the Pfizer vaccine. Which in the long run will have no affect on the UK. As we are just about to approve another vaccine which will be produced in the UK and we have 60 million on order.

AZ have already stated they are not going to give into the EU

They reckon 75% and therefore herd immunity by July, the EU won't be anywhere near the same level until October.
The EU are currently at about 2% compared to the UK at 12% , and the EU are now trying to stop the UK getting contractually obliged orders from EU labs.

Ye not forgetting a certain amount of people just wont take the vaccine.

One thing is clear though come end of 2021 UK will be in the best position possible with its citizens and the vaccine programme compared to the rest of the EU.

Ye not forgetting a certain amount of people just wont take the vaccine.
Yes but a lot of these people don't believe in vaccines or even believe there is a virus.
It's like the Loch Ness monster to them so the chances are this section of society has already had the virus or will have it soon (given that they wont wear masks or social distance) and will have immunity, thus increasing the overall herd immunity.

One thing is clear though come end of 2021 UK will be in the best position possible with its citizens and the vaccine programme compared to the rest of the EU.
Yes and I predict that quite a few other EU countries will want to leave the bloc after this.

Yes but a lot of these people don't believe in vaccines or even believe there is a virus.
It's like the Loch Ness monster to them so the chances are this section of society has already had the virus or will have it soon (given that they wont wear masks or social distance) and will have immunity, thus increasing the overall herd immunity.

Yes and I predict that quite a few other EU countries will want to leave the bloc after this.

It is quite sad and pathetic the games EU are playing even during the pandemic when all countries should pull together instead of some trying to screw over others.

Do agree can see other countries leaving the EU also as the whole institution that is the EU is one big pile of mess.

It will be difficult for some countries as they owe the EU a fortune. E.g Greece and Italy.

However, LA PENN is pretty much neck and neck according to polls in France. If they left it would cause problems

It is basicly Germany and France holding the union together. Most other countries are heavily in debt to them.

A few countries may break away who actually done more business with the UK than the rest of Europe . But the majority cannot afford to.

Greece and Italy and the likes could broker big trade deals with UK.
Wines, fish, cheeses, fruits and masses of other things could become cheaper for us and create big business in their countries.

Greece and Italy and the likes could broker big trade deals with UK.
Wines, fish, cheeses, fruits and masses of other things could become cheaper for us and create big business in their countries.
Yes but how are they going to pay back all the money they owe.

Yes but how are they going to pay back all the money they owe.
that is the problem,
I could have a zero in the wrong place here,
but, I think Ireland owes the tick man something in the region of 200 million Euro,!!!!!
the rest of the (so called ) PIGS (Portugal Ireland Greece Spain) owe a LOT of money to the EU, and the newer Eastern and Southern countries are draining the EU
the Northern countries, Netherlands, Denmark etc are fed up subsidising everyone else.

That's what I meant.
The 'middle' countries like Holland and Denmark and such likes will be the next to jump ship.
After that it will be an avalanche and the poorer countries like Greece and Italy etc will be striking deals with UK.
Christ only knows what France and Germany will do because they can't abide each other and they will be the only ones propping up Latvia and all the other duffers

That's what I meant.
The 'middle' countries like Holland and Denmark and such likes will be the next to jump ship.
After that it will be an avalanche and the poorer countries like Greece and Italy etc will be striking deals with UK.
Christ only knows what France and Germany will do because they can't abide each other and they will be the only ones propping up Latvia and all the other duffers
a lot of my work is in Europe, and I work with a lot of nationalities,
the only people telling me it is a very bad idea for the UK to leave are the Romanians, Polish, Lithuanians etc,
the Danes, Dutch etc are al saying we are waiting to see how well you guys do because we want to leave as well,
Norway ( not in EU) are denying EU rights to their waters until they have a deal with the UK
the Germans are just complaining about how much money they pay, I dont work with many French tbh, so cant comment on their stance

Back