Covid19 Vaccination

Switzerland Refuses To Approve AstraZeneca Covid Vaccine​

"Switzerland has become the latest in a long line of countries to raise doubts over the efficacy of the jab.

To date, France, Sweden, Germany and Poland have all advised against administering the vaccination in those over 65 as they claim there is not enough data to show that it actually works."

Source:
Code:
https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/02/03/switzerland-refuses-to-approve-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine/

Good, for them I guess.

Maybe their population is not that important to them during the pandemic.

You could look at that the other way too, perhaps Switzerland values their citizens more by making sure they are satisfied with the 'safety' before putting the profits of companies first like the Tories and their pals.

If the swiss are going down this path they may as well reject all vaccines that are in ciruclation atm if they have so a problem with them being "safe" enough for their population.

Or better yet maybe they should create their own 100% safe vaccine if that is a thing :unsure:

If the swiss are going down this path they may as well reject all vaccines that are in ciruclation atm if they have so a problem with them being "safe" enough for their population.

Or better yet maybe they should create their own 100% safe vaccine if that is a thing :unsure:

Given that Switzerland has approved Pfizer, I can't view the country as an anti-vaxing country. They've obviously considered Pfizers data to be satisfactory, just that Oxford's isn't , it's not just meeting their minimum
requirements, which I'd expect to be a bit lower just now because I don't see Switzerland having a different attitute regards this worldwide created pandemic.. Not just that other European countries aren't regarding
it up to much, eg. France, Sweden and Germany

Anyway, make of it what you will, just thought its nice to share with the forum :)

Just to put another side to the story of the AstraZeneca vaccine

Covid-19: Study showing Oxford vaccine slows virus spread 'superb' - Hancock

Results that show the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine might reduce the spread of coronavirus have been hailed as "absolutely superb" by the health secretary.
Matt Hancock said the study shows "vaccines are the way out of this pandemic".
It is the first time a vaccine has been shown to reduce transmission of the virus.

Just to put another side to the story of the AstraZeneca vaccine

Covid-19: Study showing Oxford vaccine slows virus spread 'superb' - Hancock

Results that show the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine might reduce the spread of coronavirus have been hailed as "absolutely superb" by the health secretary.
Matt Hancock said the study shows "vaccines are the way out of this pandemic".
It is the first time a vaccine has been shown to reduce transmission of the virus.

OK.. we're at the "might reduce" stage, but if that can be proved and replicated reliably, then I'd say that's something to be pleased about..

Staff in their twenties accused of jumping vaccine queue in North Yorkshire | ITV News

I wonder if this is happening nationwide?
Just discovered that my brother and his son have both had covid vaccinations in Notts.
My brother works for the NHS but works permanently from home and my nephew is 21 and works part time in the offices. Neither have any contact with the public. :rage:

typical human nature I think, if they've got the pass, and can get ahead they'll use it.
Also heard Morrisons are giving NHS workers a 20% discount on their shopping,
I'm pretty sure the £100k/yr paid NHS workers will not be ready to decline the offer
acknowleding they don't need it.

Did read today that some stations using pziser vaccine are calling lower down the pecking order to use up dosage of the no shows!!A lower league football clubs have been named in the news as suspects!

I'm sure if they called the police station they could get some frontline police officers vaccinated rather than giving it to their own office staff.

The Pfizer vaccine has a short shelf life -- better to give it to someone in the street than to throw it away because of 'No-Shows'....

Friend of mine was a volunteer in the car park at this local Surgery - At the end of their Sunday session they had some vaccine left over -(Pfizer)

He was asked if he would like to have his Injection there and then -- "Yes please" he said...

Last edited:
The Pfizer vaccine has a short shelf life -- better to give it to someone in the street than to throw it away because of 'No-Shows'....

Friend of mine was a volunteer in the car park at this local Surgery - At the end of their Sunday session they had some vaccine left over -(Pfizer)

He was asked if he would like to have his Injection there and then -- "Yes please" he said...

Yes, I do appreciate the need not to waste it, but your friend was actually already on site. They phoned my brother and nephew to come for their vaccine.
I'm sure they could have phoned the local police station or other frontline workers just as easily.

Yes, I do appreciate the need not to waste it, but your friend was actually already on site. They phoned my brother and nephew to come for their vaccine.
I'm sure they could have phoned the local police station or other frontline workers just as easily.
I've been volunteering as a vaccine marshal (checking names, temperatures, sanitising hands, giving masks and ensuring distancing) and that's what the doctors have been doing at our clinic with spares.
I was vaccinated on my first shift (I never even thought Id get it until April) as 38 people failed to attend (over 80s and 6in of snow don't mix, plus the appointments were based on 5 doses per vial, but they actually got 6), then they called the local Fire Station to vaccinate them.
Over the next week or so they managed to vaccinate most firefighters, paramedics and police that were on duty, then moved onto pharmacy staff, GP staff etc.

Different clinics obviously have different procedures, but I think ours has been pretty decent at getting front line staff vaccinated, although there's less spares now as they now allocate all 6 doses, so the only spares are if someone doesn't turn up

In my region of Scotland, I've been hearing that people have been having a terrible time getting their vaccines all week, having to wait 2 hours! often outside in the cold.
The system that's being applied in NHS Scotland, is they send out appointment letters with the date and time for the patient to present themselves at a local centre.
The waiting times were so bad across the region, that the NHS chief executive was forced to apologise for over booking appointments, and of course, as they
usually do, blaming it on the computer.

So I'm wondering if Scotland is the only part of the British Isles experiencing this kind of poor service, or is things going better elsewhere in terms of the waiting
times for being vaccinated.? My own 75 year old mother didn't bother attending yesterday for her appointment as she didn't feel up to hanging around for upto 2 hours.

In my region of Scotland, I've been hearing that people have been having a terrible time getting their vaccines all week, having to wait 2 hours! often outside in the cold.
The system that's being applied in NHS Scotland, is they send out appointment letters with the date and time for the patient to present themselves at a local centre.
The waiting times were so bad across the region, that the NHS chief executive was forced to apologise for over booking appointments, and of course, as they
usually do, blaming it on the computer.

So I'm wondering if Scotland is the only part of the British Isles experiencing this kind of poor service, or is things going better elsewhere in terms of the waiting
times for being vaccinated.? My own 75 year old mother didn't bother attending yesterday for her appointment as she didn't feel up to hanging around for upto 2 hours.
I had a text message about 30 mins agao with a link I had to click which took me to venues local to me to have my vaccine done and its 10 minuites time slots

I had a text message about 30 mins agao with a link I had to click which took me to venues local to me to have my vaccine done and its 10 minuites time slots

That sounds sensible, having ten minute slots, whereas what I've found myself when going for an appointment at the hospital, I'm waiting on average about
an hour because I'm sure the NHS Scotland's booking system just books everyone in at the same time..

I'm sure if NHS England were experiencing the disorganisation we are in Scotland with the vaccination programme, I'd hear about it on the news.

That sounds sensible, having ten minute slots, whereas what I've found myself when going for an appointment at the hospital, I'm waiting on average about
an hour because I'm sure the NHS Scotland's booking system just books everyone in at the same time..

I'm sure if NHS England were experiencing the disorganisation we are in Scotland with the vaccination programme, I'd hear about it on the news.
Its same at our hostpital with appointments arrive 10 mins prior still sat there an hour maybe longer waiting lol

Back