Covid19 Vaccination

Don't get me wrong,i have total sympathy for anyone that lost their job because some jumped up **** of a manager didn't understand the law,
I've not read,listened,watched any if the links tbh, I'm a lazy bstrd, but I never once during the big hoohaa heard anyone say get the jab and you 100% won't catch the consumption and you deffo won't pass it to anyone else.
Anyone with even an ounce of common sense knows that's not how vaccines work.
So, IMHO, anyone that thinks they were lied to is now realising they were stupid enough to misunderstand what a vaccine really is, it's not a fkn force field or magic potion.
Vaccines are merely there to help your natural immune system cope a little bit quicker rather than wait for millions to die before herd immunity catches up.
Only my opinion mind, lots of people disagree with my opinions and think I'm thick as sh17 a lot of the time

Nearly every other vaccine stops you contracting diseases. The flu and covid vaccine are viruses. There has never been a vaccine that stops a respiratory virus. It eases the severity but doesn't stop transmission that's my point. And it makes me laugh certain people liking your posts only last year we telling others to get vaccinated, calling them selfish because they believed this covid vaccine stopped transmission and that all the people causing covid were the anti vaxxers.

Because they believed the info given on TV like from CDC director above they were all for NHS staff getting fired at a time when the NHS is on its arse. People like that have no right complaining when an ambulance takes 8 hours to get to your house whilst you're dying or carers leave their relatives sitting in their own shit for longer due to staff shortages. They helped push this bs and caused a greater issue in the NHS and care homes.

No one got fired from the NHS, half a dozen idiots may have resigned in a fit of pique but they probably went back once they realised it was a crock of shite.

Because they believed the info given on TV like from CDC director above they were all for NHS staff getting fired at a time when the NHS is on its arse.

That video you posted is from a US News Channel, I doubt many people in the UK saw it and based any opinions on whether NHS staff should be vaccinated on what a woman from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in America said.

That video you posted is from a US News Channel, I doubt many people in the UK saw it and based any opinions on whether NHS staff should be vaccinated on what a woman from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in America said.

It was the CDC ffs. I'll post a video from the Pfizer CEO and a tweet stating the same later. I'm off out so haven't got time. All this dangerous talk was parroted by UK media. And those that believe everything the media says did the same.

No one got fired from the NHS, half a dozen idiots may have resigned in a fit of pique but they probably went back once they realised it was a crock of shite.

No one was fired because I was right. There wasn't enough proof to warrant the vaccine mandate. That's what I argued for at the beginning whilst others in here said they deserved it. Non of them hold their hands up now and say they were wrong. Several NHS workers resigned because of it and 20 thousand careers were either sacked or walked but I suppose that's ok... 🤦

Well, i for one, encouraged people to get vaxxed in an attempt to stop the NHS from getting overwhelmed with a load of critically ill people.
The NHS has been overwhelmed every year for decades. There has always been a shortage of beds and staff. The average age of death by covid is 85. Likely because they are old. Same with flu.
I don't think threatening people in the NHS and care industry helped that do you. Many old people are left in hospital because there isn't enough care homes or staff to take them. Losing 20 thousand careers won't of helped that either.

No one was fired because I was right.

No one was fired because it was an empty threat
There wasn't enough proof to warrant the vaccine mandate. That's what I argued for at the beginning whilst others in here said they deserved it. Non of them hold their hands up now and say they were wrong. Several NHS workers resigned because of it and 20 thousand careers were either sacked or walked but I suppose that's ok... 🤦
And yet we have the lowest unemployment rates for fifty years, those carers must be working somewhere

No one was fired because it was an empty threat

And yet we have the lowest unemployment rates for fifty years, those carers must be working somewhere

What difference does that make seriously. They could have given their whole life to caring for the elderly, probably got a buzz from helping them. Their careers ended because of a lie. Just because they found another job doesn't make it ok.
My niece Leone trained for 2 years and was at a high level for a carer, she was on decent money for the pitence they pay them because of her qualifications, she was a good quality carer who cared. She packed it in and now works in a cafe for minimum wage. Refuses to go back after the way she was treated. She's had 5 years in the job all wasted, but do keep making excuses for it Pab. As long as it doesn't effect you eh..

What difference does that make seriously. They could have given their whole life to caring for the elderly, probably got a buzz from helping them. Their careers ended because of a lie. Just because they found another job doesn't make it ok.
My niece Leone trained for 2 years and was at a high level for a carer, she was on decent money for the pitence they pay them because of her qualifications, she was a good quality carer who cared. She packed it in and now works in a cafe for minimum wage. Refuses to go back after the way she was treated. She's had 5 years in the job all wasted, but do keep making excuses for it Pab. As long as it doesn't effect you eh..
What lie are we talking about, I never heard anyone state the vaccine stopped transmission! I did hear it reduces transmission!
I also heard that the vaccine reduces the threat of severe illness!
The threat of job losses were for encouragement of take up of the vaccine and promote confidence within the NHS
This lie theory seems to be taken up with anti vax brigade.
These arguments seem pointless now back and forward, my mind has not changed and after reading back on the thread will never!
As a Dartboard I got double top this morning both arms (joke)

I'm not making excuses.
If she's invested five years in her career and decided she'd rather work in a cafe that's up to her. If someone really wants to do something, they're going to do it no matter what it takes.
There's hundreds of care homes/companies would be happy to have her, vaccinated or not, if her gripe is with her ex employer, there's plenty more she could work for.

Yea but they were Americans so it doesn't count 😂.

If she's invested five years in her career and decided she'd rather work in a cafe that's up to her.
She was bribed with jab or no job. Same as other care homes. She didn't decide, they did. I wouldn't want to work for an outfit like that ever again after that.
If you and toddy think that's okay then fine. I have more sympathy for people and respect a person's right to choose. Especially when it makes no fking difference. As I said right at the beginning when you lot were cheering it on.

The threat of job losses were for encouragement of take up of the vaccine

Do you read? Care workers were fired. Up to 40 thousand care workers left their profession because of it. And you moan about the unvaccinated taking beds whilst a lot of the time the elderly are kept in hospital because there aren't care homes for them to go to due to staffing 🤦.

Yea but they were Americans so it doesn't count 😂.

She was bribed with jab or no job. Same as other care homes. She didn't decide, they did. I wouldn't want to work for an outfit like that ever again after that.
If you and toddy think that's okay then fine. I have more sympathy for people and respect a person's right to choose. Especially when it makes no fking difference. As I said right at the beginning when you lot were cheering it on.

Do you read? Care workers were fired. Up to 20 thousand care workers left their profession because of it. And you moan about the unvaccinated taking beds whilst a lot of the time the elderly are kept in hospital because there aren't care homes for them to go to due to staffing 🤦.
They would not have been fired if the took up the offer of vaccine! Especially if the transmission question was there reason for not having it
About time this pointless thread ended!

They would not have been fired if the took up the offer of vaccine! Especially if the transmission question was there reason for not having it
About time this pointless thread ended!

No one should be fired for not taking a vaccine that doesn't stop transmission, that's the whole point 😂.
Feel free not to take part. No one's holding a gun against your head. You just don't like the fact you were wrong.

If your elderly relative was in a care home in the middle of a pandemic, would you want them in one where all the staff were vaccinated or in one where the staff aren't vaccinated?

Most care homes are privately run, they all had to do what they did or run the risk of getting shut down. And FWIW they wouldn't have a leg to stand on if anyone took them to a tribunal so there was no need for anyone to leave their jobs voluntarily.

Whether the vaccine stopped transmissions wasn't known at the time

No one should be fired for not taking a vaccine that doesn't stop transmission, that's the whole point 😂.
Feel free not to take part. No one's holding a gun against your head. You just don't like the fact you were wrong.
Reduces transmission! Not stops.
Don't think I'm wrong as I would not be posting, Have not seen anything that proves me wrong only a different opinion from yours.
Just seems all a bit pointless and I get it that it's not up to me to close threads but none of the posts will change my mind or anyone else's like minded
So no comment after this👀

If your elderly relative was in a care home in the middle of a pandemic, would you want them in one where all the staff were vaccinated or in one where the staff aren't vaccinated?

If it made no difference I wouldn't care less.

Now let's reverse it.

If you had an elderly relative and you had two care homes. One sacked staff because they didn't take the vaccine, the other didn't and had plenty of staff.
First care home everyone were vaccinated but very understaffed and the care quality was poor.

Second care home had plenty of staff and the care quality was excellent.

Given the vaccine has little effect on transmission. Which one would you choose.

It did make a difference.
This is what you are glossing over, - it didn't stop transmission but it did reduce transmission.
There was no reason for anyone to refuse the vaccine apart from bullcrap they were reading on the internet but everyone has the right to choose, if they chose to pack their job in because of it that's their choice, kinda pointless blaming other people now.

Back