Dark Motor for my 95 cm dish

The moteck is very good and have been around a long time but they are all much of a muchness. Its down to price as well.

The moteck is very good and have been around a long time but they are all much of a muchness. Its down to price as well.
I have managed to get a motor found the moteck sg2100a on fleabay but because of postal strikes not arriving until next week now lol
Never mind will let you know how i get on when it arrives
I have fitted 2 motors before but is there a dummies guide to help if i get stuck lol

Read this comprehensive guide before @Ferret. And point 4 confused me as most other guides suggest motor at zero should be pointed true south then drive dish to your reference southernmost satellite which in my case would be 3w/4w.
However point 4 in the excellent guide suggests using your ref satellite with motor at zero am I missing a trick here as I seem to be tracking the arc fine following the conventional method but could I pull in weaker signals this way?

Read this comprehensive guide before @Ferret. And point 4 confused me as most other guides suggest motor at zero should be pointed true south then drive dish to your reference southernmost satellite which in my case would be 3w/4w.
However point 4 in the excellent guide suggests using your ref satellite with motor at zero am I missing a trick here as I seem to be tracking the arc fine following the conventional method but could I pull in weaker signals this way?
This is the part in williwm-1s guide i do no agree with. It will get you in the ballpark but its wrong.

William-1 then has to adjust his coordinates because of this.

Settings for my location should be Longitude 0.07 East & Latitude 51.7 North but I track the arc more accurately with Longitude 0.4 East & Latitude 51.7 North as I said scales are just a guide line & you must use your own common sense & judgement when setting up a motorised satellite system to track the arc as accurately as possible,

Because he set his motor to zero and then tweaked on 0.8 west he needed to tweak his coordinates when he should of just entered his coordinates in his receiver and sent the motor to 0.8 west his most southernly sat position. The coordinates and usuals takes care of the true south issue so his motor is not tracking the arc as efficiently as it could be.

You should send your motor to 3 west via usuals and setup from there. Im thinking this is how you have done it anyway.

If your new to motorised satellite Alignment
Providing your brackets pole is totally plum
I would find true South using smart compass
Then using Usual I would drive the motor to 28.2east make the necessary adjustments from
there as it is high responsive transponder

carmine are you sticking with that Zgemma H9?? And your other box is the humax 5400. When you get new motor you will have to be careful, if the Zgemma does not send enough power it may screw things up. I would use a horizontal channel for all the sats initially as it sends 18v. Use dishpointer .com and look at motorised they use the Moteck to configure and you can drag the marker to where your dish is actually located. What image do you have in the H2S as an image can give a different signal reading. I use google maps to get exact co ordinates, use your postcode and then zoom in and right click, ie zoom in until you can go no further.

linesman66m the idea of using the nearest sat to true south is to avoid spinning the whole rig too far as it stops errors. He has done 2 systems so should be pretty ok. The UK is usually 0.8west and the Gospel channel plus Al Jazeera are ideal as you get H and V

Last edited:
If you would like an upgrade for the H2s l have a Formuler F1, or an Edision OS-Omega, surplus to requirements you can have for a small donation of your choiceto- @wheelo's 'Homeless Charity'
Both boxes supported by latest VIX.
That's very good of you
Any further info as I have never heard of this box please

carmine are you sticking with that Zgemma H2S?? And your other box is the humax 5400. When you get new motor you will have to be careful, if the Zgemma does not send enough power it may screw things up. I would use a horizontal channel for all the sats initially as it sends 18v. Use dishpointer .com and look at motorised they use the Moteck to configure and you can drag the marker to where your dish is actually located. What image do you have in the H2S as an image can give a different signal reading. I use google maps to get exact co ordinates, use your postcode and then zoom in and right click, ie zoom in until you can go no further.

linesman66m the idea of using the nearest sat to true south is to avoid spinning the whole rig too far as it stops errors. He has done 2 systems so should be pretty ok. The UK is usually 0.8west and the Gospel channel plus Al Jazeera are ideal as you get H and V
Was going to try Zgemma again as that has all information i need on it and Humax was just used ages ago for just tivusat as it has card and i bought box originaly from italy.
You think Zgemma could still be a problem ? So if i do use Zgemma use all horizontal frequencies. Will look at dishpointer.com .
I have used Openpli ever since I got Zgemma. I always used Google maps for co ordinates.
I always tried to get dish facing south then would try and turn dish to 0.8 west and always used the Aljazera frequency

You are getting a new motor but going to use a receiver that is poor at driving a motor is asking for hassle. The 2 boxes mentioned above are good and use Openvix ie enigma2 that is very very easy to use and is good for using a motor. They are aso suported by Openpli.I would scrap that zgemma. This is on ebay and is a top notch box, I have 2, but at the moment is a very good price. I don't think it will go at current bid but do you know about sniping on ebay.
Vu+ solo 2 satellite box Twin SAT Tuner 500 GB Recorder. Works Perfectly | eBay

The way ahead really is 4k and the best box is an AXHD61 at wos.

However if cost is a feature go for either of the 2 boxes above. Or get both depending on .....

It was already stated months ago how poor zgemma recievers are with motorised satellite system I done various tests spent hours tried
Different settings low power l.n.b higher rated
Power supply The motor still lost power stuck on certain transponders If you buying new motor
Purchase good e2 receiver to drive the motor correctly

Are these two enigma boxes you have for sale ??
Are These yours and how old are they please ? Are These yours lnsult
You are getting a new motor but going to use a receiver that is poor at driving a motor is asking for hassle. The 2 boxes mentioned above are good and use Openvix ie enigma2 that is very very easy to use and is good for using a motor. They are aso suported by Openpli.I would scrap that zgemma. This is on ebay and is a top notch box, I have 2, but at the moment is a very good price. I don't think it will go at current bid but do you know about sniping on ebay.

However if cost is a feature go for either of the 2 boxes above. Or get both depending on .....

I must have read through this thread a dozen times and it is with regret l have withdrawn my offer of the boxes as l feel
as if l will be dealing with C.K. or a clone thereof, sorry but l don't need the hassle.

Okay i will have a good think about it as motor has not arrived yet as item delayed in post because of strike action my postal services

I must have read through this thread a dozen times and it is with regret l have withdrawn my offer of the boxes as l feel
as if l will be dealing with C.K. or a clone thereof, sorry but l don't need the hassle.
C.K. or a clone there of ( sorry I dont understand ) have I said something to upset you because if i have a thousand apologies I dont know what i have done wrong or not Im confused

If I get the best signal on 0.8W, does that automatically mean I should get the best on the other satellites along the arc?

I've calibrated mt setup using 0.8W as the reference, but since I don't use many channels on there (at the moment at least), am I better off using 42E/19E as a reference instead?

If I get the best signal on 0.8W, does that automatically mean I should get the best on the other satellites along the arc?

I've calibrated mt setup using 0.8W as the reference, but since I don't use many channels on there (at the moment at least), am I better off using 42E/19E as a reference instead?
Lot more too it than that im afraid. If your motor evevation if set slightly wrong your arc could be low or high even with peaked signal at one west.

Make sure your mounting pole is plub in all directions, then set the motor to your cordinates on its scale.
Set the dish declination to the recommend setting for your coordinates. Make sure the dish is straight-Parallel on the motors stub mount.
Send motor to 0.8 west making sure your receiver has the correct coordinates.
Now turn the motor around the pole its mounted to left to right <-> and max the signal.
Now adjust the dish declination up and down to max the signal.

That should be it.

Lot more too it than that im afraid. If your motor evevation if set slightly wrong your arc could be low or high even with peaked signal at one west.

Make sure your mounting pole is plub in all directions, then set the motor to your cordinates on its scale.
Set the dish declination to the recommend setting for your coordinates. Make sure the dish is straight-Parallel on the motors stub mount.
Send motor to 0.8 west making sure your receiver has the correct coordinates.
Now turn the motor around the pole its mounted to left to right <-> and max the signal.
Now adjust the dish declination up and down to max the signal.

That should be it.
So would you say the latitude (mine is 51.55N) reading on my motor has been set correctly?

oeEx3Ya.jpg

Everything else is as plumb as it can be.

Back