Dark Motor for my 95 cm dish

Can you see the copper inside the hole? Just thinking that it may have fallen on the fall when the lead snapped.

I go away for a while:unsure: I think I did ask for pics of dish and motor sometime ago!! But why did it happen now?? Anyway that cable carries the voltage so will get hot and if you are lucky dislodge the piece that's stuck or cause trouble. What you can do is put an F connector on the input, no cable, make it tight, ie one turn of wrench. Then tap it with a hammer, that should dislodge it.

As to why dish is returning to 28 East, Vix is geared for 28 east and its quite possible the epg is set to download . Go to EPG and check if anything is set for 28east.

A doubting thomas. AGC not ACG

I go away for a while:unsure: I think I did ask for pics of dish and motor sometime ago!! But why did it happen now?? Anyway that cable carries the voltage so will get hot and if you are lucky dislodge the piece that's stuck or cause trouble. What you can do is put an F connector on the input, no cable, make it tight, ie one turn of wrench. Then tap it with a hammer, that should dislodge it.

As to why dish is returning to 28 East, Vix is geared for 28 east and its quite possible the epg is set to download . Go to EPG and check if anything is set for 28east.

A doubting thomas. AGC not ACG
I was trying most of the sats between 42 east and 30 west and all of a sudden whilst moving between sats it was taking longer IE ( the secs between moving from one position to the other that comes up on screen ) was for example going from 9 secs to -3 or -4 before finding sat then all of a sudden all sats was getting nothing.
Dish was still moving to all positions but obviously as cable from lnb to motor had come loose no signal 0%. This was a mixture of tidying up surplus cable running from lnb to motor and sat box to motor. As one from lnb was a little tight it came away.
So went up ladder and made a new connection with new f connector went to screw into motor and found as I did when I first installed this new motor it wasn't tightening up on thread of motor only on land to motor side.
So gave it a little move of a push and it tightened but went to check what I thought was now a strong connection cable came away and noticed copper had got stuck in motor. Wasn't stuck out far enough to use tweezers or with pliers.

So tried needle to try and get copper out but no it wouldn't then tried tapping with small hammer needle into what copper is stuck in there. No luck.
Then tried a slightly larger needle with both processes still no luck but realised there was more room on one side of where copper is stuck.so tried gently with freshly cut and new f connector and it tightened up
So for now it's working
Not sure what to do next

Pray. In all my years I have never come across that problem. The only reason I can think why the cable broke is that it is either cheap and a very soft copper or when you prepared the cable you sliced into the inner braid and put a cut in it. When you make up the F connector are you crimping or just screwing on the f connector? And you only leave 1/16 " sticking out at end.

But if it is now working ok and you have screwed on the F connector tightly and did not have too much sticking out at end when you re made it then it may be ok.

Good luck but be careful, It was good of Woody to give you a great box and prove all along that it was the Zgemma but with that cable breaking it might be the user as well.

I hope you have learnt a bit.

No way id dream of leaving this with a snapped inner core .

Even if id to take it all down again and strip the motor id be sorting this out.

Pray. In all my years I have never come across that problem. The only reason I can think why the cable broke is that it is either cheap and a very soft copper or when you prepared the cable you sliced into the inner braid and put a cut in it. When you make up the F connector are you crimping or just screwing on the f connector? And you only leave 1/16 " sticking out at end.

But if it is now working ok and you have screwed on the F connector tightly and did not have too much sticking out at end when you re made it then it may be ok.

Good luck but be careful, It was good of Woody to give you a great box and prove all along that it was the Zgemma but with that cable breaking it might be the user as well.

It has screwed in tightly and all seems well for now.
I have always used wire cutting tool for any coaxial cable .
I think your right when I went to cut white plastic around copper I think I must of cut just too much.
All f connectors I have used in the past and now are one you just screw on tightly

It has screwed in tightly and all seems well for now.
I have always used wire cutting tool for any coaxial cable .
I think your right when I went to cut white plastic around copper I think I must of cut just too much.
All f connectors I have used in the past and now are one you just screw on tightly
That is fine now you are sorted. Now is the time to contact @wheelo or @Hightech to pay the Homeless charity the amount @bmitie advised you to pay, the condition you received the box on.

Last edited:
That is fine now you are sorted. Now is the time to contact @wheelo or @Hightech to pay the Homeless charity the amount @bmitie advised you to pay, the condition you received the box on.
Good evening woody. Have you been reading on the thread how I have been getting on between looking after relative who wasn't and work and trying to sort out my new motor and great mutant, I think it's finally sorted lol

I was looking to pay £50 + plus what it cost you in postage as a sign of good faith are you okay with that woody ?

I have learnt a lot but zgemma was definitely faulty just a shame motor went as well so without kindness of of woody ( now have mutant m51) would of cost me a lot more although I got motor on fleabay for £45 instead of £68 so worked out very well can not thank you all enough and hope thread has helped others too

Will do when l receive confirmation of payment, note 7 days since delivery(y)
Woody's if I can help service gladly does pass on devices :smiley: what can I say mate you help a lot on here and only ask donation to Wheelo's homeless charity which hopefully as you know most will do if possible (y)

Good evening woody. Have you been reading on the thread how I have been getting on between looking after relative who wasn't and work and trying to sort out my new motor and great mutant, I think it's finally sorted lol

I was looking to pay £50 + plus what it cost you in postage as a sign of good faith are you okay with that woody ?

Payment made, Message deleted. Thank you Regards woody.(y)

Just a Final Update all seems well with new set up ie Mutant M51 and my new motor.
One last thing I use to use a mobile app called SignalMeter on Android always worked for me with old Zgemma always came in useful if I was upstairs and forgot to turn or move dish or put on standby. Also came in very hand when on ladder and wanted to make adjustment to dish etc and when I installed new motor just recently.

Problem is not it only works once in a blue moon, I reinstalled app with new settings for mutant but nearly all the time comes up with error message which say

ERROR
http status error (500)

Does anyone else use this app or do you know what this error message means ??

Just an update I uninstalled app on mobile and reinstalled and it works.
Tried today and noticed that app only works when dish is facing 28.2 east and not on 13 east hotbird will try other sat positions and post back here !!!

Much appreciated as always
Carmine

Last edited:
Back