Dark Motor for my 95 cm dish

Thank you looking forward to receiving
I was hoping to save everything off of my zgemma H9S and straight onto Mutant but reading on here possibly a problem if i want to continue using Openpli 7.3 ?
As far as l can see it is possible to run PLI on the HD51 if you are not bothered about other partitions, lt just means PLI only on the box, but you can't clone everything from the Zgemma 'excuse the swearing' you will have to flash PLI and set it all up.
lt says next day delivery on the receipt so if not tomorrow it will be saturday and needs to be signed for.

As far as l can see it is possible to run PLI on the HD51 if you are not bothered about other partitions, lt just means PLI only on the box, but you can't clone everything from the Zgemma 'excuse the swearing' you will have to flash PLI and set it all up.
lt says next day delivery on the receipt so if not tomorrow it will be saturday and needs to be signed for.
Thankyou so much.
May need to pm you for some help or advice when trying to set up I know I can do just get a bit nervous that i may screw it up lol

Thankyou so much.
May need to pm you for some help or advice when trying to set up I know I can do just get a bit nervous that i may screw it up lol
I think you will need to ask someone more knowlegeable than i am on PLI. You may have to talk to Ferret nicely.(y)

The way I read it the box will boot to Openvix and that is what I use at present with my dark motor a nice vix blue skin. All you will have to do is configure tuners, if you have 2 feeds from dish then tuner A is usually on fixed and Tuner B is USALS so just enter your details.

Can you say if you have 3 feeds/

Last edited:
The way I reae it the box will boot to Openvix and that is what I use at presnt with a nice vix blue skin. All you will have to do is configure tuners, if you have 2 feeds from dish then tuner A is usually on fixed and Tuner B is USALS so just enter your details.

Can you say if you have 3 feeds/
Just have the one tuner which is tuner A with Usals on my motorized set up no tuner fixed

Just have the one tuner which is tuner A with Usals on my motorized set up no tuner fixed
Your new box the Mutant will have 2 tuners what bmitie is trying to say is your motorised dish should be on tuner b.

If you have not other feeds into the house just leave tuner a disable for now. If you do only have one feed you can configure either tuner a or b for your motorised dish just leave the spare tuner disabled.

If I was you I would go with Openvix first to prove the motor is working correctly. Can you say what you find so good about Openpli and maybe I can figure out if the same can be done in Openvix. Its a long time since I used Openpli and back then it was for a specific purpose like getting BBC on 27west. And it was known for it being an unbloated image but that Mutant can handle anything and I believe the PIC quality is fab.

What do you want to move and are you up to speed with Dreambox edit, Filezilla and so on? By the I use WINSCP for windows ands its tops.

I will have a bit of time later and will load Openpli on a ZGEMMA H7S(???) and see what's what.

Post any questions you want re Openvix and you will get sorted.

If I was you I would go with Openvix first to prove the motor is working correctly. Can you say what you find so good about Openpli and maybe I can figure out if the same can be done in Openvix. Its a long time since I used Openpli and back then it was for a specific purpose like getting BBC on 27west. And it was known for it being an unbloated image but that Mutant can handle anything and I believe the PIC quality is fab.

What do you want to move and are you up to speed with Dreambox edit, Filezilla and so on? By the I use WINSCP for windows ands its tops.

I will have a bit of time later and will load Openpli on a ZGEMMA H7S(???) and see what's what.

Post any questions you want re Openvix and you will get sorted.
I think may have used Openvix in the past but its been so long ago, and with anything like this I can do it all its just its been a while and need a nudge or two in the right direction lol.
I have no preference to Openpli but just thought it maybe easier all round thats all lol
I have used Dreambox edit and Filezilla too but its been a while. Not sure I have heard of WINSCP
Thank you so much to you and everyone else on this great forum
regards
carmine

I think may have used Openvix in the past but its been so long ago, and with anything like this I can do it all its just its been a while and need a nudge or two in the right direction lol.
I have no preference to Openpli but just thought it maybe easier all round thats all lol
I have used Dreambox edit and Filezilla too but its been a while. Not sure I have heard of WINSCP
Thank you so much to you and everyone else on this great forum
regards
carmine
Filezilla will be fine for FTP WINSCP is a FTP program also. Dreamboxedit will be fine for transferring channel settings.

What stage are you at with the HD51 have you got Vix on it and gone through the initial setup ?

What exactly are you wanting a nudge in the right direction with ?

Filezilla will be fine for FTP WINSCP is a FTP program also. Dreamboxedit will be fine for transferring channel settings.

What stage are you at with the HD51 have you got Vix on it and gone through the initial setup ?

VIX is already on and is fully functional and up to date.lt only needs area settings altered to his location 140ish miles from mine.
Box was delivered friday PM.

I received Mutant box friday, I still have to unbox as family member was taken ill after covid jab last thursday so have had to look after them family stuff hoping to make a start tomorrow.
What should i save from old zgemma H9S onto USB stick as will happily try Vix Image

I received Mutant box friday, I still have to unbox as family member was taken ill after covid jab last thursday so have had to look after them family stuff hoping to make a start tomorrow.
What should i save from old zgemma H9S onto USB stick as will happily try Vix Image
From what Woody says all you would need is your lines for sat/iptv but guess you would have them elsewhere.

Give the image a password under network option so you can FTP and telnet to the box.

Enter your usuals coordinates in the same way you do on any image and transfer the channel list you usually use and your lines.

After that if your missing anything just ask.

From what Woody says all you would need is your lines for sat/iptv but guess you would have them elsewhere.

Give the image a password under network option so you can FTP and telnet to the box.

Enter your usuals coordinates in the same way you do on any image and transfer the channel list you usually use and your lines.

After that if your missing anything just ask.
(lines for sat/iptv but guess you would have them elsewhere.) So these would have to be backed up from zgemma onto usb stick and then sent to mutant and vix image

(lines for sat/iptv but guess you would have them elsewhere.) So these would have to be backed up from zgemma onto usb stick and then sent to mutant and vix image
Do you have any of these services on the Zgemma ?

CCcam Or Oscam lines giving you access to Pay tv or Paid for IPTV subs running on it ?

If so what app or Cam do you have running for these ?

I have my dish on 0.8 west
as and when i connect Mutant should I leave it there or move it manually with buttons behind motor to 0 ?

Last edited:
I have my dish on 0.8 west
as and when i connect Mutant should I leave it there or move it manuallt with buttons behind motor to 0 ?
Leave it there at 0.8

Menu-Setup-Tuners & Scanning-Tuner Setup-Select the DVB-S2 tuner

Config mode---advanced
Satellite---All satellites 1 (USALS)
LNB----LNB 65

Longitude-----0??.??? ------your longitude
east/west -------- your east or west
Latitude------0??.??? ------your latitude
north/south -------your north or south
Then press the green button to save.

Exit out the menu back to Tuner & scanning menu and choose Manual scan

Tuner----DVB-S2 (the one you just setup)
Type of scan----Single Sat
Satellite----What ever you choose but KU band
Network scan----Yes

Press the green button to scan,your dish should move to what ever sat you have choosen and start to scan.

I don't understand the above!! With the latest Vix all you have to do is go to tuner, leave it at simple, then change mode to positioner by toggling, enter USALS details and green to save, job done.

The method under advanced takes ages as with vix they have all the sats in the image so you have to toggle for ages. What is the benefit of using advanced? And Carmine is going to transfer the channel settings from the zgemma to the mutant so no need to go scanning.

I'm confused and may be missing something.

I don't understand the above!! With the latest Vix all you have to do is go to tuner, leave it at simple, then change mode to positioner by toggling, enter USALS details and green to save, job done.

The method under advanced takes ages as with vix they have all the sats in the image so you have to toggle for ages. What is the benefit of using advanced? And Carmine is going to transfer the channel settings from the zgemma to the mutant so no need to go scanning.

I'm confused and may be missing something.
The settings above take less than a min to put in,Then he can send his dish to 0.8 west scan,42 east scan,30 west scan also checking with KingOfSat, Then he knows the sat dish is ok,Then he can move on to putting channel lists on,softcams,epg,etc etc etc ,instead of messing around for half hour to find out his dish needs adjusting.should take less than 5 mins from loading the image,putting settings in and scanning,The settings above work on vix,pli and atv,Well it did for me anyway when i tried the other day.

Back