Dark Motor for my 95 cm dish

Okay Guys Here is latest on how I have been getting on with ditching Zgemma H9S and setting up Mutant M51 kindly sent to me by Woody6222.

I downloaded a motor settings List from PLugins, I went for Vhannibal, I put in USALS and selected Tuner A and disabled Tuner B.

And, believe it or not It looks like all is well with new Motor and Mutant M51, am very impressed with set up as it all moves smoothly and found channels that tune into box that I couldn't find before with as I was told from the beginning faulty Tuner in my old Zgemma H9S.

I also learnt how to use WinSCP to move softcams from Zgemma to Mutant M51 and all working fine.
Will be checking everything over 2-3 times a day for the next couple of days and will post back here how I get on......

Latest News Nothing working at all ---

I was trying some other satellite positions and noticed that i was getting channels that i never got before with Zgemma.

So I was on 28.2 east all okay then went to 13 hotbird all okay then went to 0.8 west okay turned off or should I say went to stand by
Then turned back on and it did it all by itself it went to move to 28.2 east and not I cant see a thing
the dish moves but no signal on any sat what the hell lol ???

any advice please ?

Also wanted to know it use to do this with Zgemma if I left it on 0.8 west and put on standby then put back on 0.8 west would be there with this box it wanted to move to 28.2 east.
and again with old box and this one it i turned off at power source which i did last night and was watching news on 0.8 west when i turned on this morning ie power source back on it moved to 13 east hotbird is that right or there some wrong as there must be surely ?

Last edited:
Okay guys and girls panic over some what I went outside to see lead going from dish into motor had come off
Only problem now is that copper from lead is stuck in motor where you screw in f connector any ideas how I can get this out ?? Please advise asap ?

Never had to do it maybe a needle as a pry bar try to push needle into copper.

So did you have the cable too tight and it snapped as dish moved ?
The thread on motor was a bit iffy from went I bought it had to push a little harder than usual and yes I think lead didn't have enough play in it. Any ideas other than tweezers lol does thread on motor unscrew I mean where copper has broken inside

The thread on motor was a bit iffy from went I bought it had to push a little harder than usual and yes I think lead didn't have enough play in it. Any ideas other than tweezers lol does thread on motor unscrew I mean where copper has broken inside
Needle mate other than that you may end up de soldering that one and putting a new one on. I reckon you get it with a needle.

How do you mean it was iffy new motor was it not ?

Needle mate other than that you may end up de soldering that one and putting a new one on. I reckon you get it with a needle.

Where copper got stuck in it was always difficult to tighten f connector

It was a new motor but noticed to connect on to motor had to push harder than other side for it to tighten

A really really, I mean really small self tapping screw, wind it in by hand, it will bite the copper, and not the harder F terminal, only needs about 5mm depth, then slowly pull it out while pushing against the copper,

Anyway I tried two needles tapped in and tried to force out from side of copper wasn't having it so then tried a thicker needle again tapped gently with hammer then pulled out with pliers didn't get anything out so tried with thicker needle to get n through the side of it still nothing fell out.
So tried putting cable with f connector back with aa little force managed to tighten up and now get movement like before but actually get some sats.
Just have to keep an eye on it if it comes loose again at least I know why if it happens again.
Thanks again for speedy reply... (y)(y)(y)

also as I mentioned before why is it when i put Mutant into stand by after leaving it on 0.8 FTA news channel when i turn back on from stand by why does it move to news channel on 28.2 east ??

Anyway I tried two needles tapped in and tried to force out from side of copper wasn't having it so then tried a thicker needle again tapped gently with hammer then pulled out with pliers didn't get anything out so tried with thicker needle to get n through the side of it still nothing fell out.
So tried putting cable with f connector back with aa little force managed to tighten up and now get movement like before but actually get some sats.
Just have to keep an eye on it if it comes loose again at least I know why if it happens again.
Thanks again for speedy reply... (y)(y)(y)

also as I mentioned before why is it when i put Mutant into stand by after leaving it on 0.8 FTA news channel when i turn back on from stand by why does it move to news channel on 28.2 east ??
Ive a feeling this will be short lived you need it out somehow.

Back