Disgusted today...

Got a pregnant Mrs and really don't want to venture out at all. I'm sure others are in similar situations or care for elderly loved ones. Having said that I haven't been buying 20 of everything. To be fair the below isn't even a lot I don't think

32 bog rolls (2*16)
2 packs of paracetamol
3 crates of beer
10 small bags of microwave rice
Frozen meat
2 litres of Bacardi
2 toothpaste
4 tins of beans
8 soups
Small bag of potatoes
8 cans of tuna
Random frozen bits (1 of each)

For other stuff that perishes quickly we will either go without or rely on other family members. Lucky to have a good local family network so everyone is helping each other. Brother in law got me 2 kilos of nandos chicken for £4 (works at chicken company) so that's at least 3 meals with the above mentioned rice.

To some people I may look like I was hoarding but the above wouldn't seem like a lot under normal circumstances.

You can order for delivery as well mate

Got a pregnant Mrs and really don't want to venture out at all. I'm sure others are in similar situations or care for elderly loved ones. Having said that I haven't been buying 20 of everything. To be fair the below isn't even a lot I don't think

32 bog rolls (2*16)
2 packs of paracetamol
3 crates of beer
Frozen meat
2 litres of Bacardi
2 toothpaste
4 tins of beans
8 soups
Small bag of potatoes
8 cans of tuna

For other stuff that perishes quickly we will either go without or rely on other family members. Lucky to have a good local family network so everyone is helping each other. Brother in law got me 2 kilos of nandos chicken for £4 (works at chicken company) so that's at least 3 meals with the above mentioned rice.

To some people I may look like I was hoarding but the above wouldn't seem like a lot under normal circumstances.
That just for you what you bought missus pmsl delivery slots all fully booked in my area takes p*SS for those that can't get to supermarkets

32 bog rolls (2*16)
2 packs of paracetamol
3 crates of beer
Frozen meat
2 litres of Bacardi
2 toothpaste
4 tins of beans
8 soups
Small bag of potatoes
8 cans of tuna

No if there's 3-4 people to feed, a few kg of chicken doesn't last long, likewise micro rice, you can use 4 packs in one meal, 8 tuna is nothing, everyone will have a can each on baked spud or sandwiches.
I buy enough to last me 3 or 4 days so I only have to go twice weekly, if the bread's a bit stale before its time it's either toasted or made into garlic bread in the oven, nothing goes in the bin

No if there's 3-4 people to feed, a few kg of chicken doesn't last long, likewise micro rice, you can use 4 packs in one meal, 8 tuna is nothing, everyone will have a can each on baked spud or sandwiches.
I buy enough to last me 3 or 4 days so I only have to go twice weekly, if the bread's a bit stale before its time it's either toasted or made into garlic bread in the oven, nothing goes in the bin

Exactly what I do with the bread lol. I have to say Roberts Bakery bread stays soft even after the best before/use by date.

Only 2 of us in the house. Luckily baby isn't due until Jul. Best off staying in his mum for as long as possible right now.

Last edited:
Brother got us online delivery few weeks from Ocado and has lasted but running low.

Would need to get more things again next week.

Took 5 days for Ocado to deliver when he placed the order online.

Exactly what I do with the bread lol. I have to say Roberts Bakery bread stay soft even after the best before/use by date.

Only 2 of us in the house. Luckily baby isn't due until Jul. Best of staying in his mum for as long as possible right now.
Yeah hope everything goes ok with baby on the way because i bet its hard at the min knowing wether to venture out as little as possible etc Hows the current situation with check ups etc with midwifes etc i can imagine its very strict at the min :unsure:

Yeah hope everything goes ok with baby on the way because i bet its hard at the min knowing wether to venture out as little as possible etc Hows the current situation with check ups etc with midwifes etc i can imagine its very strict at the min :unsure:

We are passed the 20 week mark so no more scans I don't think. Midwives have been in contact checking up which has been reassuring, thanks.

I had the great pleasure of being at the birth of my 2nd grandson and would not have missed it for the world :love: even tho daughter was screaming at me to slow down on the dual carriageway on the way to the hospital at 3am in the morning and it what like a scene from fast n furious :ROFLMAO:

Exactly what I do with the bread lol. I have to say Roberts Bakery bread stays soft even after the best before/use by date.

Only 2 of us in the house. Luckily baby isn't due until Jul. Best off staying in his mum for as long as possible right now.
Better getting a decent sized shop once or twice a week then, that's what I do, saves going more often.
Good luck with bambino, I'm no epidemiologist, as you know, but I don't think pregnant women are any more at risk than anyone else of a similar age, and the virus cannot be passed vertically, that is, if mum gets it, she can't pass it to the baby internally

Daughter is due in May and she has been told that if she was to get it, then it would most likely just feel like a bad cold or mild flu, but in the mean time take all precautions, her and her husband are currently both working from home as it is and family and friends are only visiting if its essential, I think as far as pregnant women are concerned its more of a stressful issue , I know the thought of getting it is stressing my daughter out, which will be the case with thousands of other expecting mums around the country.

Daughter is due in May and she has been told that if she was to get it, then it would most likely just feel like a bad cold or mild flu, but in the mean time take all precautions, her and her husband are currently both working from home as it is and family and friends are only visiting if its essential, I think as far as pregnant women are concerned its more of a stressful issue , I know the thought of getting it is stressing my daughter out, which will be the case with thousands of other expecting mums around the country.

Hope her and all mothers to be have a successful and safe pregnancy mate.

As you you said all precautions taken will surely prevent the risk of the virus.

gov drafting american style anti gouging laws to be applied to stop the price of groceries rising in a crisis.

in other words they would prefer shortages.

i get that the public will be emotional ignoramouses, but we should have leaders that can hold their nerve and do the right thing.

gov drafting american style anti gouging laws to be applied to stop the price of groceries rising in a crisis.

in other words they would prefer shortages.

i get that the public will be emotional ignoramouses, but we should have leaders that can hold their nerve and do the right thing.

I applaud them

They say they have enough stock of everything.

At least they are trying to stop greedy businesses jacking up prices to levels which are not even acceptable.

not acceptable to whom?

they must by default be acceptable for people to pay them. in fact if people pay those prices it is because the price is LESS than they are willing to pay for the item.

if the jacked up prices were unaccpetable then they would fall.

simple

not acceptable to whom?

they must by default be acceptable for people to pay them. in fact if people pay those prices it is because the price is LESS than they are willing to pay for the item.

if the jacked up prices were unaccpetable then they would fall.

simple

What about old Doris who has no more toilet roll left and can’t afford to pay extortionate prices on her state pension?

Is that ok?

Back