Disgusted today...

Tax evasion is tax evasion whoever you are. Unfortunately it's the big corporations who blatantly use loopholes to avoid it. The small fry just work around in other ways.

Tax system in this country is a joke.

Instead of have more money left over alot of it is going to the governement with how they tax literally evertyhing. Personally think its utter BS having to pay such huge amounts on taxes and that money then being used on the big companies.

Big corportations mostly get away with paying taxes through the loopholes. While the smaller people get screwed over. Mind you know of few people avoided paying taxes and VAT and got HUGE fines and one went to prison.

Tax avoidance is legal and what you pay an accountant for and tax evasion is illegal and what you can be fined for. Fiddling money goes right to the top with a lot of M.P.s employing their wives or relatives as secretaries for up to £45,000 per year to do nothing. Some M.Ps walk through the door of the House of Commons, sign the attendance register then walk straight back out again. :love:

I like this idea as it stops panic buying.

Good idea

Thats what my brother suggested he said supermarkets should jack prices up of items at the till if they know people are going overboard.

That will make them think twice and likely would be the extra things back.

To be fair our local shop is quite good. He had handwash and toilet rolls he also has hand sanatiser.

If he sees a face he dose not recognise he doesn't serve them.

I honestly haven't seen an empty toilet roll shelf anywhere, I must have been lucky.
I haven't bought any for weeks, I'd heard all about the panic buying so I picked up a 9 pack about ten days ago.
Since then I've seen them in every shop I've been in. Little local shop was selling single white rolls for 50p each which I know is quite expensive but he had hundreds of them.
Aldi and lidl have had them every time I've been, co-op also has them

i was fortunate to witness home bargain unloading pallets in an shop empty of toilet rolls. it was like one of those scenes in a war movie where a helicopter descends on an impoverished subsistence village throwing out bags of rice.

did not think i'd ever see a scene like that in a UK shop.

one woman, council estate face lift - i.e. unwashed hair tied back so tight her eyes resembled that scene from clockwork orange - stripped jumper and leggings, every home and bargain has a few of her, had 2 nine packs in her basket and was excitedly on the phone saying 'yes, they have got toilet roll, i'm going to go back for more'.

Yes it does seem local small shops do have the stock of necessary items people want bread, milk, toilet rolls even hand sanatiser.

Even though prices in small local shops are more so than super markets, those who cant get to the big stores can at least go to their local.

Have noticed last few days prices have not really shot up in few of my local shops compared to what people have said. Saying that post lady who I know well said shop about 5 minutes from me was charging 100ml sanatiser for £10!!!. So differs as not all local small shops are robbing thieves

Yes it does seem local small shops do have the stock of necessary items people want bread, milk, toilet rolls even hand sanatiser.

Even though prices in small local shops are more so than super markets

it's almost like small price rises have ensured there is supply for those who need it.

Everything normal now.
Aldi enforcing social distancing but chicken, mince and everything piled high on the shelves, no one buying anything now, loads of fruit and veg products half price because hoarders have disrupted the supply chain.
Some nice barbecue packs being stocked now, coated chicken and such likes.
I went in 3 shops, Aldi, asda and home bargains.
All had lots of toilet rolls,
The hoarders won't be shopping for 3 weeks now..you wouldn't think that in this day and age, hundreds of thousands of people genuinely thought that in the event of a lockdown they wouldn't be allowed to go shopping for food :mask: :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Some people are idiots plain and simple.

Hoarders when crazy with shopping like they would have never be able to buy anything again. That's what happens when you panic.

Always was going to be enough stock of everything.

It's probably turned out to be a good thing as these low IQ people will stay home now and not be rubbing shoulders with shoppers for about 2-3 weeks, should help slow it down a bit

Got a pregnant Mrs and really don't want to venture out at all. I'm sure others are in similar situations or care for elderly loved ones. Having said that I haven't been buying 20 of everything. To be fair the below isn't even a lot I don't think

32 bog rolls (2*16)
2 packs of paracetamol
3 crates of beer
10 small bags of microwave rice
Frozen meat
2 litres of Bacardi
2 toothpaste
4 tins of beans
8 soups
Small bag of potatoes
8 cans of tuna
Random frozen bits (1 of each)

For other stuff that perishes quickly we will either go without or rely on other family members. Lucky to have a good local family network so everyone is helping each other. Brother in law got me 2 kilos of nandos chicken for £4 (works at chicken company) so that's at least 3 meals with the above mentioned rice.

To some people I may look like I was hoarding but the above wouldn't seem like a lot under normal circumstances.

Back