Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Tivo Box initilaiastion Stop Zgemma H2H from Working?

HuggyTheBear

Registered
Currently have Zgemma H2H working fine on ATV6.1 and Whooshbuild on Hub3 200mbs I had a offer from Vermin that if i added TV to my package would reduce bill by £3 to £50 from £53 .
The new Tivo box arrived i set it up but did not make the call for vermin to Initialise box. during the setup box the Tivo box did a couple of Software updates. I decided to switch back to my Zgemma setup to watch the footy.
Here the problems starts It wouldnt get any other channels apart from Free to Air. Did a rescan and bouquets reload, reset router still no joy. Signal at 73% but no pic. Tested network all ok 5 green ticks.
Went to bed really sad :( Woke up this Morning and its all working fine :) on the Zgemma box.
Now the question i have is if i go through with the Tivo box registration or Instillation takes 15mins vermin rep said will that do something to the line to stop Zgemma working?

Sorry if it sounds confusing . Essentially if i intialise the TIVO box will it stop Zgemma from working.

BeakyFord

TK Veteran
Im not aware of a Tivo stopping anything, its possible updates reset things in the router, its been a while since I last looked at a household that has a Tivo box but I think I had to change DNS settings to googles 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 (posts on the forum show how to do this).

Last edited:

HuggyTheBear

Registered
Im not aware of a Tivo stopping anything, its possible updates reset things in the router, its been a while since I last looked at a household that has a Tivo box but I think I had to change DNS settings to googles 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 (posts on the forum show how to do this).
Thanks for your help I'm tempted to leave it. If its not broken why fix it :)