dsayers2014

VIP Member
Dsayers Picons Updater 1.0

Plugin to download and run scripts to download Ocram's light on transparent picons from my GitHub branch and places them in hdd (100x60 picons) and hdd/SkyQ (220x132 picons)

Download from here: Dsayers Picon Updater

################################################################################################################################

Please note this plugins download picons to hdd so you need to make sure your storage device is mounted correctly as media/hdd or it will fail to run the script please see the sub forum for your box/image for setting up mounts.

################################################################################################################################

Ftp the ipk to tmp

To install the ipk

Telnet command

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Installing via the box

Openatv

Menu... setup... software management... install local extension memory/tmp Press ok on the package press green to install.

OpenVIX
Menu > setup > VIX > Iplkg install or install local extentions then ipk installer memory/tmp Press ok on the package press green to install.

Reboot box.

######################################################################################################################

Goto plugins and press ok on Dsayers Picon Updater

You should now have the option to run SRP_Picon_Updater or SRP_Picon_Updater

PiconUpdater.jpg

Choose your option this will then remove existing picons and download picons from my github branch.

This should mean that you can have both standard picons (100x60) for most skins and large picons for skins that support XPicons ie SlykQ, SkyQ, Slyk Onyx plus more

You can still use this for standard skins that use 100x60 picons then you can delete the SkyQ folder or leave it on as it wont do any harm being there.

These plugins will download light on transparent picons as its the most natural colour to suite most skins

SNP_Picon_Updater

SNP.jpg

SRP_Picon_Updater

SRP.jpg

Last edited:
Great piece of work mate have just downloaded this will try it tonight once am home from work.

Quick question is it possible to just download directly to the HDD and bypass the internal storage ?

Been looking for this type of plugin for a while reason being just now i have a full picon set to use for cable and what i would like is for when people downloaded my image is for them to get the picon pack as standard so have been looking into a way trying to incorporate it into it saves them hassle of trying to copy a picon pack over for the not so teck savy folks.

Great piece of work mate have just downloaded this will try it tonight once am home from work.

Quick question is it possible to just download directly to the HDD and bypass the internal storage ?

Been looking for this type of plugin for a while reason being just now i have a full picon set to use for cable and what i would like is for when people downloaded my image is for them to get the picon pack as standard so have been looking into a way trying to incorporate it into it saves them hassle of trying to copy a picon pack over for the not so teck savy folks.

The script does it for you it downloads to root then moves the picon folder to hdd no need to do it manually.

Cant you use opkg update command??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The run-me-first.sh does it. But im not sure if that will cause any issues as for some reason we dont get full wget on enigma2 and im not sure why not Ive updated wget last year for kiddacs scripts without issues ,but I would like to know why we dont get full wget as standard.

Yea buddy im just wondering if it is possible to bypass the root download 1st and just go directly to the hdd reason being is my own current picon pack is about 28mb so if possible would want to skip the download to the box and go directly to the hdd if it can be done.

Yea buddy im just wondering if it is possible to bypass the root download 1st and just go directly to the hdd reason being is my own current picon pack is about 28mb so if possible would want to skip the download to the box and go directly to the hdd if it can be done.

Just do your own picon ipk pointing to hdd/picon google ipk creator then it should download them to hdd. Start a new thread if you need help.

Doesn't opkg allow you to install from a url so wget not needed? ie opkg install http://gitub......picon.... blahblah.ipk --add-dest hdd:/media/hdd -d hdd --force-reinstall

I have similar in my build but it doesn't download latest just uses local ipk I've left in it but may change.

Working well with the VU+ uno 4K. Just a few snp picons missing
The sky movies tomhanks and the new sky sports picons

Keep up the good work

Doesn't opkg allow you to install from a url so wget not needed? ie opkg install http://gitub......picon.... blahblah.ipk --add-dest hdd:/media/hdd -d hdd --force-reinstall

I have similar in my build but it doesn't download latest just uses local ipk I've left in it but may change.

I dont use wget but the opkg install from website doesnt seem to work till I add the run me first script.

I use
Code:
opkg install https://github.com/davesayers2014/Picon/blob/master/SNP_Picons/enigma2-plugin-picons-snp-full.100x60-86x46.light.on.transparent_2017-07-21--20-14-07_all.ipk?raw=true --force-depends >/dev/null 2>&1
Then use mv command to move them from internal to HDD

I dont use wget but the opkg install from website doesnt seem to work till I add the run me first script.

I use
Code:
opkg install https://github.com/davesayers2014/Picon/blob/master/SNP_Picons/enigma2-plugin-picons-snp-full.100x60-86x46.light.on.transparent_2017-07-21--20-14-07_all.ipk?raw=true --force-depends >/dev/null 2>&1
Then use mv command to move them from internal to HDD
If you add
Code:
 --add-dest hdd:/media/hdd -d hdd
to the end of the opkg line it should install onto the hdd

Hi dsayers2014,
I'm running wooshbuild v6 on a Zgemma h2s with iptv channels and the remaining sly side by side and am using SlyNew skin.
I followed your instructions in the first post to the letter and what I have is picons on only the remaining sly cable and fta channels in the epg, but not the iptv ones?
I also used to have picons in the infobar when changing channels and now not?
Any ideas what might be the problem?

For iptv you'll need srp picons that have the reference to your iptv. So try the srp picon updater plugin that will work if the epg reference for iptv is the same as sky but then you might not get the cable picons. As for infobar is there a skin setting?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back