E2speedtest error

aldomj34

Does anybody know what this means when I try to run a Speedtest on new gigablue trio 4K box flashed with grog freerange ?

Attachments

• 4BCABD2C-CD1E-4965-AB9D-E607C084B605.jpeg
    4BCABD2C-CD1E-4965-AB9D-E607C084B605.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Openatv use e2speedtest plugin that's different to vix. Are you using openatv 6.5? Possibly python 3 errors

Yes probably.
I've long been an opponent of updates, they cause more problems than they fix.
I've never updated openatv, it's quicker and easier to reflash two or three times a year
I did try flash on the fly with downloaded openatv-6.4-gbquad4k-20210406_usb.zip image problem was still there

Thanks for all the help guys, Iv ended up doing the same as urie and copying the folder from another box upstairs to the new 1 and sorted so must be an issue with that version

Yes probably.
I've long been an opponent of updates, they cause more problems than they fix.
I've never updated openatv, it's quicker and easier to reflash two or three times a year
no problem nowadays with newer boxes that have multiboot or recovery just takes minutes to load a backup image my problem was i had just fitted unicable lnb and retuned box so made new backup and i deleted older ones.

no problem nowadays with newer boxes that have multiboot or recovery just takes minutes to load a backup image my problem was i had just fitted unicable lnb and retuned box so made new backup and i deleted older ones.
Flashing doesn't always overwrite things.
When I was having problems with e2iplayer the same version was installed after flashing twice.
I had to remove the iptv folder, then flash again before it would let me install a different version.
Probably similar shenanigans with speedtest plugin.

Fixes for E2Speedtest and NetSpeedTest: copy and paste into puty or openwebif terminal

E2Speedtest:
Code:
cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/E2Speedtest

rm -r speedtest-cli

wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py

chmod +x speedtest-cli

NetSpeedTest:
Code:
cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/NetSpeedTest

rm -r speedtest-cli

wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py

chmod +x speedtest-cli

P.S. if you have copied older version folder over to get it working
delete the E2Speedtest folder from usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/
and reboot gui and reinstall from plugins then use E2Speedtest code above.

Back